MAX - 6.1.8.7 Stuck analyzing, have to force close app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

You can't be serious? You're reinstalling the program over the program... You're doing more damage than can be done!
    You can't be serious? Its how I've been doing it since I started using DVDFab DRM Downloader. I assume you're saying that those using the "update" button in the app when prompted are also doing more harm than good?

You can't seriously be saying that one must jump through that many hoops any time this app has an issue, are you? Especially when rmcaw52 in Post 3, Chameleon in Post 8, and girdnerg in Post 10 all indicate having the same issue.

I don't own a "professional uninstaller". In my 35 years of using Windows, I never owned, nor used a "professional uninstaller" app. And I'm not about to start now.

Using the plain windows Add/Remove programs, and re-installing the fixed 6.1.8.4 that Wilson posted in the other thread gives me working downloads on Max again. So whatever is broken in 6.1.8.7 was removed/fixed by regular uninstall then reinstall the older SF version. No hoops needed.

EDIT: This is the version I rolled back to -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...931#post444931
    Last edited by KidJoe; 07-08-2024, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I sadly don't have access to Max. Wilson posted a test fix version that seemed to fix it for some. This is the only talk by SF about trying to fix the Max issue. It did not seem to migrate to 86 or 87 updates. Read here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...931#post444931

People could uninstall and install again 87 100's of times, it will not fix the Max issue.
      I do still believe there are times when an uninstallation is needed and then install the offline installer.
      It helped with a few issues I had over time. But I personally did not need a pro uninstaller either.
      But just in case, there are several free versions, I like either HiBit Uninstaller or BCUninstaller. Both free and need no registration whatsoever.
      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        You can't be serious? Its how I've been doing it since I started using DVDFab DRM Downloader. I assume you're saying that those using the "update" button in the app when prompted are also doing more harm than good?

You can't seriously be saying that one must jump through that many hoops any time this app has an issue, are you? Especially when rmcaw52 in Post 3, Chameleon in Post 8, and girdnerg in Post 10 all indicate having the same issue.

I don't own a "professional uninstaller". In my 35 years of using Windows, I never owned, nor used a "professional uninstaller" app. And I'm not about to start now.

Using the plain windows Add/Remove programs, and re-installing the fixed 6.1.8.4 that Wilson posted in the other thread gives me working downloads on Max again. So whatever is broken in 6.1.8.7 was removed/fixed by regular uninstall then reinstall the older SF version. No hoops needed.
        Everyone is free to do what they like! It was just a suggestion from me.

Comment

6.1.8.4​ is working for me. However, it seems silly to have to go backward. Can we expect a real fix any time soon?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

I am sick and tired of being and unpaid beta tester!!! I will not post log files again without getting a raise!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BC9448 View Post
              6.1.8.4​ is working for me. However, it seems silly to have to go backward. Can we expect a real fix any time soon?
              Did not work for me

Comment

Originally posted by BC9448 View Post
                I tried it too and it did NOT work.

I honestly do not know why we keep doing all this extra work for free. This is BS and it MUST stop.

Please stop suggesting work-rounds. If we all stop doing the work for them and stop paying for crappy programming, maybe, just maybe SF will get their sh*t together and actually perform some real development instead of releasing useless versions.

We just waited months for SOME of the DRM issues to be fixed and here we are bitching about it not working right. What did we really expect? I have been with them for a few years and it's a never ending loop of 1. crap being released - 2. we beta test - 3. they release another version with a half-asses work-around, if even that.

Comment

Originally posted by JULINAS View Post

Did not work for me
                  Are you using this "fixed" version of 6.1.8.4 -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...931#post444931 or the release version of 6.1.8.4? Because the release version did have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by girdnerg View Post

I am sick and tired of being and unpaid beta tester!!! I will not post log files again without getting a raise!!!!!!!!!!
                    You are aware that this software in and of itself is questionable to use right? Complaining on the form about not being paid to "beta test" is ridiculous and uncouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

You are aware that this software in and of itself is questionable to use right? Complaining on the form about not being paid to "beta test" is ridiculous and uncouth.
                      That has nothing to do with it. I pay for a program that does not work. THAT IS REDICULOUS! If it were free or if I was asked to help develop it, then your statement would be right on target.

But since SF is the one %$%$@ing me out of money every day that it does not work, they are the uncouth one and therefore you for coming to the defense of SF's crappy business model!

Comment

Originally posted by girdnerg View Post
                        That has nothing to do with it. I pay for a program that does not work. THAT IS REDICULOUS! If it were free or if I was asked to help develop it, then your statement would be right on target.

But since SF is the one %$%$@ing me out of money every day that it does not work, they are the uncouth one and therefore you for coming to the defense of SF's crappy business model!
                        Just remember having paid for it or not, StreamFab is trying to break through blocks the streaming providers put in place in order to download content without DRM. Any change the Streaming providers make to their web sites, even if not DRM related, is going to impact and even break StreamFab. So overall this app is always going to feel like "beta" software and "buggy" to some extent.

That being said, since this particular bug seems to be resolved by rolling back to an older test version, it would seem that FAB didn't implement the fixes from the test version into the release channel versions of the app. So yeah, a mess up on their part.

Seeing as I'm the only one so far who has posted logs in this thread, I hope others have provided logs via Feedback menu option in the app, or the FAB Developers won't have much to go by. I for one still have hope that if we provide them logs, they will more easily and quickly identify the issue/cause, and fix it.

Comment

I have sent in 3 log files. They keep telling me to try 6.1.8.7, but they have no idea what I am talking about. I specifically said MAX doesn't get past the analysis phase.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                            I have sent in 3 log files. They keep telling me to try 6.1.8.7, but they have no idea what I am talking about. I specifically said MAX doesn't get past the analysis phase.
                            Many people already said thru this forum and support tickets that Max cannot pass the endless analyzing fase in SF 6.1.8.7. It was fixed in the fixed 6.1.8.4 version that Wilson.Wang posted in the other thread. Do they even have a clue that there is Max analyzing problem in 6.1.8.7? Its very quiet.......

Wilson.Wang Is this max problem in 6.1.8.7 known with devs. please give us an update.​

Comment

6.1.8.8 Fix: A failure problem when downloading videos from Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                                6.1.8.8 Fix: A failure problem when downloading videos from Max.
                                I just came to the forum for the first time a while today. Saw 6.1.8.8. Downloaded the offline installer and installed it.

I am able to download Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. (as expected, I got the Enhanced DRM pop-up and 720p limit, but its HEVC and AC3 5.1.)

As expressed in another thread, its 1600x666 which is 900p at 2.41 aspect ratio. so HD+ according to some monitor makers which is not a common resolution. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...738#post445738

Comment

Working...
                                X