6188 - Max still downloading wrong episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max 6188 - Max still downloading wrong episode

Instead of downloading House of the Dragon S02E04, 6188 downloads some commentary/behind the scenes episode. (The same one that 6184 downloaded after downgrading to get around the endless analyze failure of 6187.)

I can't upload the log file because it's about 47 kb too big (yes I deleted it and repeated the problem so it's literally the only thing in the log file.)

Originally posted by Dredbyrd View Post
    Instead of downloading House of the Dragon S02E04, 6188 downloads some commentary/behind the scenes episode. (The same one that 6184 downloaded after downgrading to get around the endless analyze failure of 6187.)

I can't upload the log file because it's about 47 kb too big (yes I deleted it and repeated the problem so it's literally the only thing in the log file.)
    Use the feedback function in Streamfab. Support automatically receives the log files. A support ticket will be opened in your account on the Streamfab website. In it you can see the further progress and answers from support.

There is no point in posting the log file here because no one can forward it.​

Comment

Yes, it's happening to me also; I am currently trying all the different bitrates. I am also trying to download all of Season 2, not just Episode 4, to see if it works.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Nothing worked on Episode 4, so I did it the old-fashio ned way. 3.85gb/s full 1080p with Dolby

Click image for larger version

Name:	House 4.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	446118

Comment

If they aren't going to test anything, they need to have a beta channel that people can opt into. That said, we might never get an actual release then.

Of course the release notes don't say anything about fixing downloading the wrong episode, just that you can add it to the queue now and get the wrong episode. So... :shrug:

Comment

Originally posted by travelar View Post
            If they aren't going to test anything, they need to have a beta channel that people can opt into. That said, we might never get an actual release then.

Of course the release notes don't say anything about fixing downloading the wrong episode, just that you can add it to the queue now and get the wrong episode. So... :shrug:
            Sometimes you just have to go with the old-fashioned way; Fab is only 640p anyway; the old-fashioned way is 1080p or 4K full Atmos.

Comment

I just tried 6.1.8.9 with House of the Dragon Season 2 episodes 4 & 5 and both are not downloading the correct episode. I was hoping this version fixed the issue. Surprisingly episode 3 downloaded at 1080P. It looks like StreamFab is having a problem with the Max page for season 2 beyond episode 3. .

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                I just tried 6.1.8.9 with House of the Dragon Season 2 episodes 4 & 5 and both are not downloading the correct episode. I was hoping this version fixed the issue. Surprisingly episode 3 downloaded at 1080P. It looks like StreamFab is having a problem with the Max page for season 2 beyond episode 3. .

Jeff
                Episode 3, 4 and 5 works fine with SF 6.1.8.9, problem your side. P.S i made test just now to be clear.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CocoJambo; 07-18-2024, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CocoJambo View Post

Episode 3, 4 and 5 works fine with SF 6.1.8.9, problem your side. P.S i made test just now to be clear.
                  I am glad it is working for you. It isn't for me and it is just these 2 episodes. All other episodes work fine so I am not seeing anything on this end which could cause this. I've tried dumping the temp directory, playing with the StreamFab settings and similar. I'll see if others, who had problems previously, are still seeing the issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

It's working fine for me. I have been paying particular attention to this since the OP started this thread, and I could reproduce it. But I believe it has been fixed; I am not even sure it was a Fab issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                      It's working fine for me. I have been paying particular attention to this since the OP started this thread, and I could reproduce it. But I believe it has been fixed; I am not even sure it was a Fab issue.
                      OK. I suspect ti is an issue on the Max side, maybe the servers I am hitting. It acts like it is downloading the right thing but when I go to episode 4 I get a 10 minute commentary even though it thinks it is 50 minutes long. I'll keep banging on it.

Jeff

Comment

OK. I suspect ti is an issue on the Max side, maybe the servers I am hitting. It acts like it is downloading the right thing but when I go to episode 4 I get a 10 minute commentary even though it thinks it is 50 minutes long. I'll keep banging on it.

Jeff
                        Here is the Media info from Episode 5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	media info.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	446474

Comment

I am glad it is working for you. It isn't for me and it is just these 2 episodes. All other episodes work fine so I am not seeing anything on this end which could cause this. I've tried dumping the temp directory, playing with the StreamFab settings and similar. I'll see if others, who had problems previously, are still seeing the issue.

Thanks,

Jeff
                          i am having the same issues

Comment

Thanks,

Jeff

i am having the same issues​

Comment

Chameleon It's still not working for me either. I'm in the U.S. using the H265-SDR or the Dolby Vision (HDR10 Compatible) profile: 1920 x 960. Both episodes play correctly in the iOS app, the TV app, and in a PC browser. But--for whatever reason--when selected in StreamFab, both episodes instead point to the brief commentaries for that particular episode rather than to the episodes themselves. According to your profile, you're not in the U.S., correct? Could that be why it's working for you and not us?

Comment

Working...
                              X