This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

If you are trying to say that users can download Peacock files if they use Download Now rather Add to Queue, I have not found that to be true.
    Both Download Now and Add to Queue generally fail for me on the first try and may take many tries using either do get a successful download. Makes no difference.

Comment

I was able to download The Secret Life of Pets 1 and 2 on Peacock without issue using 6.1.9.4.

I used the download link in the announcement post to install. Just ran it without uninstalling or any other special process.

The only thing I ever see is Controlled folder access not allowing the installer to write to a protected folder

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
        I was able to download The Secret Life of Pets 1 and 2 on Peacock without issue using 6.1.9.4.

I used the download link in the announcement post to install. Just ran it without uninstalling or any other special process.

The only thing I ever see is Controlled folder access not allowing the installer to write to a protected folder
        The issue seems to depend on geographic location in the USA and mostly the MSNBC shows.​ Issue is happening for some, but not all,US residents who do not use a VPN or proxy.

No issues with The Secret Lives of Pets 1 and 2 for me either, just downloaded to test because of your post. Was being discussed in the original thread that Wilson.Wang closed and asked that we start a new thread about the MSNBC shows issue. Since, for at least some of us, having the issue it is as it's the same discussion so, unfortunately, re-posting the fact about the info about it being mostly MSNBC shows was overlooked.

Has been occurring since 6.1.9.0 for me and clean uninstalls and even installing on my second computer that Streamfab had never been installed on.

Post 77 at at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...943#post447943

" Well, that ruined my morning.

You are right, there's a problem with Morning Joe and probably the rest of MSNBC (I haven't checked yet). But unlike you, I'm seeing the 0% and 0 segments problem from before 6.1.9.3. I tried all the usual tricks and finally went to my VPN to Boston. Boston finally made it work.

Wilson.Wang, please have the developer try to fix Peacock again. It appears that there is a problem with shows that originate on MSNBC. Go to the bottom of https://www.msnbc.com/ for a list of shows."

Post 126 at at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...435#post448435

" Hi,

I will close the thread.

Please try to do a clean uninstall and install first.

Please start a new thread and post the new log file if you still have the problem when downloading videos from Peacock with the latest version 6194.

Please tell us the details if you connected via VPN"

​​​

Comment

I use Revo Uninstaller Pro before doing a clean install of Streamfab because you can have it automatically remove leftover stuff that is missed by Windows' built-in uninstaller. Then I've been using Ccleaner to remove yet another couple more Streamfab registry issues. I no longer even consider upgrading to the latest Streamfab release using Streamfab's builtin updater.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uninstalled streamfab.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	448595

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          How to do a clean install of the latest StreamFab

1. Totally delete the contents of your StreamFab Log & Temp directories. Please refer to your StreamFab Settings as to where you have told SF where to save them.

2. Use a "professional" uninstall program to completely remove the old version of StreamFab.
          Make sure the uninstaller removes Registry entries for StreamFab as well as the program.
          Do not use the built-in Windows uninstaller (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) as it tends to leave stuff behind.
          A good source for currently available free uninstallers is at https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninst...ograms-2625188 or simply Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs. Some commonly used uninstallers are Revo, Ashampoo, and Total Uninstaller. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.
          Important: Be sure to choose to remove StreamFab's current configuration when asked.

3. Download the latest offline version of StreamFab from the "Sticky" announcement at the top of the forum. Otherwise just download directly from...
          32bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_Online
          64bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64
          NEVER use the online pop-up installer as it often produces bad installs.

4. Install the new version of StreamFab.
          If the uninstall program you used has a Install component to it, use that to install StreamFab.
          Using the Install component will keep a complete log of everything added and make a future uninstall easier the next time. When the install is done, start up your new version of SF. A pop-up will appear asking you to re-authorize your StreamFab, do that by giving your email/password. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
          Then go up to the upper right of StreamFab's display and click the Settings icon and set up your StreamFab configuration to your liking. After setting up your configuration and saving, it is best to close StreamFab and then restart it.
          Do a clean install everytime a new StreamFab version comes out and you will have fewer problems.

Comment

Wilson.Wang

Life on the Street fail

By the log file it appears to be the same issue as I have been having with the MSNBC shows.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Life on the street.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.5 KB ID:	448696
            StreamFab.zip
            Last edited by flylow+; 08-19-2024, 03:06 PM.

Comment

For what it's worth, Streamfab support finally replied to my support ticket today and said they have recorded the problem and will solve it as soon as possible based on the information.

Comment

I'm not sure of the relevance, on several Peacock downloads that moved excruciatingly slowly, I went in to Settings->Preferences, and changed the Video Resolution to "HD - 720p" and the download went at normal speed and the resulting file was still 1080p. It made me wonder if the quality tags used in the manifest files have been changed and StreamFab hasn't matched them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tilu3303 View Post
                  I'm not sure of the relevance, on several Peacock downloads that moved excruciatingly slowly, I went in to Settings->Preferences, and changed the Video Resolution to "HD - 720p" and the download went at normal speed and the resulting file was still 1080p. It made me wonder if the quality tags used in the manifest files have been changed and StreamFab hasn't matched them yet.
                  Maybe we will find out more if/when Wilson.Wang​ replies. But for now all we can do is wait and see if it is fixed in one of the future releases.

Comment

Still broken in 6.1.9.5 for me, YMMV.

No mention it was resolved in the changelog but just to be certain I did a clean install and the issue persists on at least 2, perhaps more, MSNBC shows. Would be awesome if the folks at DVDfab cared enough to post a known issues thread just to let us know a bit more about what is going on...

Windows 11 OS Build 22631.4037.
                    In the USA, Seattle WA region.
                    No VPN. No proxy.
                    Streamfab x64 6.1.9.5

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
                      Still broken in 6.1.9.5 for me, YMMV.

No mention it was resolved in the changelog but just to be certain I did a clean install and the issue persists on at least 2, perhaps more, MSNBC shows. Would be awesome if the folks at DVDfab cared enough to post a known issues thread just to let us know a bit more about what is going on...

Windows 11 OS Build 22631.4037.
                      In the USA, Seattle WA region.
                      No VPN. No proxy.
                      Streamfab x64 6.1.9.5
                      I sadly gave up hope of a fix, anytime soon. They closed the other topic and they seem to be ignoring this one even with numerous logs of the same issue.
                      And no one posting the logs are using a VPN, the big answer to why is because we are all in USA so no need or reason for VPN use with Peacock.
                      And again as stated before some shows and most movies work, it seems to be newer added seasons as one show I was able to get season 1 but 2 and 3 started erroring out.
                      And almost always can be recreated if tried on stuff from the MSNBC section, but also to name some specific shows, just search Peacock for 'on patrol'. There are 2 and both have issues as u get to season 3 and sometimes season 2 and late season 1.

NO attempt to address the issue in 94 or now in new 95. But what else can be expected.
                      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I'm still hoping Wilson.Wang​​​​ will be considerate enough to try to find out and then let us know if the developer is actually working on it or perhaps planning to work on it in the future. Perhaps, dunno, it is something the developer cannot resolve. Would be nice if they let us know instead of keeping us in the dark.

Comment

Still fails, posting the log file. StreamFab.zip
                          Have to compress the log file as it is too large.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fail joe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	449016 \

Click image for larger version  Name:	Still fails one.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	449017

Comment

hi new member here, I just wanted to add to discussion about peacock ,I have another streaming recorder on my phone I'm not sure I'm allowed to say it here but I've been recording Olympics and its hit or miss some record some don't.I have not tried peacock lately on stream-fab but I've not had any problem with paramount + it downloaded my show without any problems Little Bear for the record

Comment

Originally posted by Jewelcat2023 View Post
                              hi new member here, I just wanted to add to discussion about peacock ,I have another streaming recorder on my phone I'm not sure I'm allowed to say it here but I've been recording Olympics and its hit or miss some record some don't.I have not tried peacock lately on stream-fab but I've not had any problem with paramount + it downloaded my show without any problems Little Bear for the record
                              I have no issues at all with shows/movies on Paramount+. Hulu, Amazon, Tubi, Pluto and so on. I have not subscribed to apple+ or netflix for quite awhile.

Most shows on Peacock seem to download successfully for me on the first attempt except, mainly, the MSNBC shows. Example Morning Joe downloads might succeed on the first try or not. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to succeed while other times downloads of the MSNBC shows fail even at over a dozen retries.

As was discussed in the thread that was closed by Wilson.Wang​​​​​ it seems that it might depend on geographical location as some report no issues at all. Issue started in 6.1.9.0 for me. Peacock is only available US only but some US residents seem to only be able to successfully download if they use a VPN and connect to Boston. IMO US Peacock subscribers should be able to successfully download the MSNBC and a few other shows without using a proxy or a VPN. One member insisted using a proxy was necessary for Peacock.

For what it's worth, Streamfab support finally replied to my support ticket a few days ago and said they have recorded the problem and will solve it as soon as possible based on the information.

The most frustrating part for me, I expect issues from time to time with this type of software, is trying to find out what, if anything, can or will be done, for those of us in the USA experiencing the issue.

Advice, so far, from support is to repeat to delete the log and temp files and to to do a clean uninstall and install. which has not, despite numerous tries, done anything to resolve the issue. Maybe it's something they can't fix. dunno
                              Last edited by flylow+; 08-23-2024, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I will ask the dev to check the problem again.

And the video should be downloaded if you can play back the video in your PC browser in the same network connection.

Wilson
                                Please post your logs the default location is:
                                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X