X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    Hi,

I will ask the dev to check the problem again.

And the video should be downloaded if you can play back the video in your PC browser in the same network connection.

Wilson
    Usually fails many times when trying to download in Streamfab, sometimes succeeds after 2 or three tries. Sometimes it continues to fail at over a dozen tries.

Mostly the MSNBC shows on Peacock but have experienced it with some other, but only a few other, shows. Most shows on Peacock download successfully on the first try.

No issues watching in Chrome or Firefox. Have not tried in Edge.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fail joe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	449030

Click image for larger version  Name:	Plays in Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	449028

Click image for larger version  Name:	firefox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	449029

Comment

Wilson.Wang

They just replied to my support ticket and said they are working on it.

IMO they definitely need to something to improve communication. Gets frustrating as it seems as though I might as well be talking to a fence post...
      Last edited by flylow+; 08-23-2024, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I'm having an issue with Peacock also. Analyzes for a little, then says failed, error 310????
        Was wokring fine yesterday

Comment

My issue is similar, I'm getting an error 310 when attempting to download. Was working ok yesterday. Using SF 6.1.9.5

Comment

Wilson.Wang

Now getting error 310 from both Peacock and Paramount+. Seems to be a new issue.

Windows 11 OS Build 22631.4037.
            In the USA, Seattle WA region.
            No VPN. No proxy.
            Streamfab x64 6.1.9.5​

Click image for larger version  Name:	error 310 peacock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	449052

Click image for larger version  Name:	paramount 310.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	449053

Comment

I just downloaded Field of Dreams, The Killer, The Bikeriders using 6.1.9.5. No issues beyond download is kind of slow (7-8 KB/s, I have 1gbps internet, other services give me much higher download rates)

I'm in USA (east coast), no vpn, no proxy, etc. Just plain comcast internet and their DNS.

I have American Ninja Warrior S16, and Kung Fu Panda that I'm about to start, I'll reply later with how they make out.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                I just downloaded Field of Dreams, The Killer, The Bikeriders using 6.1.9.5. No issues beyond download is kind of slow (7-8 KB/s, I have 1gbps internet, other services give me much higher download rates)

I'm in USA (east coast), no vpn, no proxy, etc. Just plain comcast internet and their DNS.

I have American Ninja Warrior S16, and Kung Fu Panda that I'm about to start, I'll reply later with how they make out.
                Just tried Field of Dreams, The Killer and the The Bikeriders.

No VPN. No proxy.
                Streamfab x64 6.1.9.5​​

Field of Dreams was successful on the first try. Both The Killer and The Bikeriders failed for me on the first try, did not try them again.

Also tried Morning Joe Episode 170 and it failed with multiple retries.

Issue still, as previously reported, seems to depend on location.

Glad the reply to my support ticket yesterday said they are working on this issue that some, but not all, are experiencing.
                Last edited by flylow+; 08-23-2024, 08:54 PM.

Comment

No issues beyond download is kind of slow (7-8 KB/s, I have 1gbps internet, other services give me much higher download rates)

I'm in USA (east coast), no vpn, no proxy, etc. Just plain comcast internet and their DNS.​
                  I, too, am in the USA (east coast, eastern Pennsylvania to be exact) and use Comcast/Xfinity 800mb/s Internet. The difference being that without a VPN, I would never connect to download a Peacock video. I would get a few kb/s displayed, but it would remain at 0% and 0 segments downloaded. If I walk away from it for a while, it will eventually display a red "Failed".
                  I have previously used Cloudflare DNS as a primary and a Quad9 DNS as my secondary. These were set on my router, and my computer uses the router as the DNS.
                  About 2 weeks into this problem, I decided to change out my DNS as an experiment. I went with the Boston Comcast/Xfinity DNS as my primary (since I had great luck VPNing into Boston) and Control-D as my secondary. Control-D is the DNS side of WindScribe, my VPN company. It did not fix the problem.
                  Since you had good results with your standard Comcast/Xfinity DNS, I am about to try something I don't want to do, and that is using the DHCP assigned Comcast/Xfinity DNS. I really do not want to provide Comcast with additional information, although I've already done that with the Boston DNS. I'll let you know how it goes.
                  The other idea I was thinking of trying was to make Control-D my primary and use the DNS address that specifically blocks ads, tracking, malware and social networks. Then I would be able to remove the uBlock Origin Lite extension from my browsers and I would still have blocking even covering the StreamFab CEF browser. I'm pretty sure it probably won't fix the Peacock problem, but it should be done anyway because of the change to MV3 by Google. uBlock Origin Lite is not as effective as the MV2 non-Lite version. Blocking by DNS should work better.

Comment

Morning Joe Episode 170 finally succeeded. I tried about a dozen time then gave up for awhile. About 15 minutes later I tried again and succeeded after about another 8 or 9 times.retries.

Comcast/Xfinity
                    Cloudflare DNS (Same issue when I tried Comcast/Xfinity DNS)
                    No VPN. No proxy.
                    Streamfab x64 6.1.9.5​​​

Comment

In reference to my Message # 38, both of my DNS experiments failed after numerous tries. It's back to VPNing to Boston for me. I don't understand why it works, but it works every time for me.

Comment

The problems I've been having seem to disappear whenever I exit StreamFab and go and delete all the files in the "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder. It seems as though the accumulation of orphan files are making it more likely for errors to occur and my limited use of cleaning them up and restarting StreamFab seems to fix the issue. The problem is that some shows seem to be more likely to create these orphan files than others (I can always tell problems are going to begin appearing again when the bitrate of a download is nearly double that of the good ones in the same set).

This may only be a function of the frequent DNS errors I get, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it helps anyone else. It would be nice if the user interface had a Clear Cache -type function that would clear up these orphaned files without having the exit the program each time.

BTW, I've had DNS errors for a couple years and tried numerous methods for reducing them it seems the best results are when I use Cloudflare DNS servers in addition to resetting my modem and router about once a week.

Comment

Originally posted by tilu3303 View Post
                          The problems I've been having seem to disappear whenever I exit StreamFab and go and delete all the files in the "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder.
                          Most likely, IMO, coincidence,

Problem is the server is not found at times. As reported by Cats4U​ when he connects to Boston using his VPN he has no issues but when he connects to the other locations he has tried he has the issue. I am in the US and connect without using a VPN or proxy in the Seattle area and nothing, including deleting various folders, clean installs, crossing my fingers eliminates the issue.

Just exiting Anystream and restarting sometimes results in a successful retry but does not resolve the issue.

Deleting entire Temp folder doesn't resolve the issue for me. Note the temp folder includes the "outputTemp\Peacock" folder. Issue occurs after deleting the temp and​ log files and restarting Streamfab. Issue occurs after deleting the temp and​ log files and the AppData\Roaming\DVDFab​ folder then uninstalling with Revo uninstaller that deletes orphan files. Then Using CCleaner to delete a registry entry or two that Revo did not remove. Then the new install of Streamfab in which the "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder starts as completely empty has the same issue.

Multiple retries eventually result in success, sometimes after two or three tries, sometimes a dozen tries or more don't do the trick. Just leaving Streamfab open and waiting for several hours the retrying sometimes results in a successful download but does not resolve the issue.

All we can do is wait and see if the issue is resolved in the next update or two. In the last reply to my support ticket said they are working on this issue that some, but not all, are experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

I agree. I'm in the greater Seattle area also - which may or may not be a factor - and I have found a series that has some episodes that I have had no luck at all saving, even when playing it simultaneously in a Brave browser (I'm assuming StreamFab uses Chrome - which is essentially the same thing). I've been trying to get the first season of "Being Erica" and have had no success at all with about half of the episodes. I've tried S01E02 about a dozen times already and have always had to abort it to keep from having to reload it each time (I wish StreamFab kept a history of most recently downloaded programs so they could be reloaded more efficiently).

I hope StreamFab has the expertise to address this issue. Perhaps they should recruit some of the talent at JDownloader or somewhere that has a long track record of being able to quickly adapt to various security measures used by paid for streamers.

Comment

Originally posted by tilu3303 View Post
                              ... I've been trying to get the first season of "Being Erica" and have had no success at all with about half of the episodes. I've tried S01E02 about a dozen times already and have always had to abort it to keep from having to reload it each time....
                              Just tried Being Erica_S01E02_What I Am Is What I Am. Took about 5 tries before success.

On a side note all 4 seasons of Being Erica show as available on archive.org.

Click image for larger version  Name:	being erica.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	449186
                              Last edited by flylow+; 08-25-2024, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Problem is the server is not found at times. As reported by Cats4U​ when he connects to Boston using his VPN he has no issues but when he connects to the other locations he has tried he has the issue. I am in the US and connect without using a VPN or proxy in the Seattle area and nothing, including deleting various folders, clean installs, crossing my fingers eliminates the issue.

Just exiting Anystream and restarting sometimes results in a successful retry but does not resolve the issue.

Deleting entire Temp folder doesn't resolve the issue for me. Note the temp folder includes the "outputTemp\Peacock" folder. Issue occurs after deleting the temp and​ log files and restarting Streamfab. Issue occurs after deleting the temp and​ log files and the AppData\Roaming\DVDFab​ folder then uninstalling with Revo uninstaller that deletes orphan files. Then Using CCleaner to delete a registry entry or two that Revo did not remove. Then the new install of Streamfab in which the "StreamFabTemp\outputTemp\Peacock" folder starts as completely empty has the same issue.

Multiple retries eventually result in success, sometimes after two or three tries, sometimes a dozen tries or more don't do the trick. Just leaving Streamfab open and waiting for several hours the retrying sometimes results in a successful download but does not resolve the issue.

All we can do is wait and see if the issue is resolved in the next update or two. In the last reply to my support ticket said they are working on this issue that some, but not all, are experiencing.

I had similar issues with HBO Max recently where I spent hours troubleshooting what appeared to be a DNS issue (based upon teh StreamFab logs), yet I run my own DNS servers and was always able to resolve the URLs wven though the StreamFab logs said they couldn't be found.

The solution I found to this was:

1. Stop StreamFab
                                2. Delete the contents of the %AppData%\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\taskdata folder
                                3. Restart StreamFab

That has always worked for me when I get this type of issue.

Might be worth trying and see if it works for you.

Thanks,

Jeff​

Comment

Working...
                                X