This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
    SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP MESSING WITH THE FORUM.
    WE HAVE NO LABELS WITH NEW POST (https://img001.prntscr.com/file/img0...kByBaIhyHw.png)
    EVEN GOT A 350 MAX LIMIT.
    I just tested it. Prefixes on new posts work fine. I have no idea what you mean about a 350 max limit.

AND SEEMS THEY REFUSE TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OF PEACOCK AS FROM THIS POST HERE ON, WHERE TITLED FOR THE NEW 6196.
    AND MYSTERIOUS MERGED TO THIS OLD 6194 POST.
    The reason your message was merged with an existing old message was because that old message was still existing and active. There is no reason for everyone to start their own topic for the same problem. That's what the prefixes are for. If you have a Peacock problem, look for the colorful Peacock prefix. If your problem is the same as the one in that thread, add to it. If it is something completely different, start a new topic. There is no need to have 6 topics/threads running for the same problem as we have here now in some cases. Topics should be issue oriented, not based on version numbers. The old topic's title will be adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I just tested it. Prefixes on new posts work fine. I have no idea what you mean about a 350 max limit.

The reason your message was merged with an existing old message was because that old message was still existing and active. There is no reason for everyone to start their own topic for the same problem. That's what the prefixes are for. If you have a Peacock problem, look for the colorful Peacock prefix. If your problem is the same as the one in that thread, add to it. If it is something completely different, start a new topic. There is no need to have 6 topics/threads running for the same problem as we have here now in some cases. Topics should be issue oriented, not based on version numbers. The old topic's title will be adjusted accordingly.
      OK, I am sorry for speaking out.
      I don't fully understand it.

Just also frustrated from 6192 on nothing fixed issue.
      A fix was attempted in 6193 and now attempted in 6196. Still get same thing.
      I know you're experiencing the same thing, so will just let it be.
      I can download some stuff from Peacock, so I have that to look at. And SF is the only downloader that even downloads anything from Peacock.
      The so-called screen recorder software, only one even attempts to support Peacock, and it don't work there either, in most cases.

I did not know what the 350 max limit meant either, it was something that popped up only once today, and never got it before. If I get it again, will try to take a screenshot of it.
      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Am patently waiting for next version and more than willing to test and try it.
        Perhaps they might be able to fix the issue someday but I wonder if they are even still working on it. Very poor communication from them.

Comment

I Don't know what's going on But At Time's New Movies or Tv show Will Not
          Download at First, But then at Time the will Download with out Problem's.
          Does anybody Know what's going on??? This is right Now only happen with
          Peacock Movies and Show's.

Last Show's was Below Deck Mediterranean! Season 9 E13 and E12.
          At First Try Didn't download but after trying over and over at diffend times
          was able to download with no Problem's

And Also tried to download Hallmark Movies The Magic Lemon Drops, Nelly Knows Mysteries A Fatal Engagement and A Costa Rican Wedding
          and also at First it Didn't download but After Some Time it Downloaded.

At First they Try Downloading at 100 to 200 Bit/B. Then after so time
          They When Download at 1 to 10M.
          This happen with both Movies and Tv Show. And at Time Only is happing on Peacock!!!
          All other's Working Ok right Now.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
            I'm on the West coast in the Great Pacific Northwest.

Just an FYI. I am in the Midwest and not on Comcast. Works fine here.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post

Just an FYI. I am in the Midwest and not on Comcast. Works fine here.

Jeff
              Seems to depend on location.

Perhaps ISP might have something to do with it. dunno.

Folks at Streamfab apparently cannot figure out how to resolve the issue. They are still being quite secretive, perhaps they have given up and do not want to admit defeat. dunno

It's been an issue for some, but not all, for so long now that I would be very surprised if they are able to resolve it in the next few releases.

Comment

I can only say if it is something Comcast/Xfinity is doing, they are cutting off their arms only to spite themselves.
                I don't see anything other than an SF issue that is causing it to get /$RepresentationID$/ instead of /r0/audio/stereo/en/, in the links when trying to download.
                (Reference post HERE)
                SF is possibly not decoding the .mpd right, what makes it worse is it only affects some locations. When I looked, the .mpd seemed to have some kind of encoding.
                It might be simple or not-so-simple encoding. It might be different for those locations having the issue, than for those who don't.

As I stated some weeks ago, since it is so location-based as well as only affects some, not all, it may be a LONG wait for a REAL fix.
                That is, IF they are even still trying.​
                ALL items play fine in ALL browsers, even some of the broken items that don't download, play fine in Streamfab itself.

ADDED: I take back the encoded.mpd I easily see r0/audio/stereo/en for audio and r0/video/sdr/avc/ for video.
                Last edited by Stan001; 09-02-2024, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Seems to depend on location.

Perhaps ISP might have something to do with it. dunno.

Folks at Streamfab apparently cannot figure out how to resolve the issue. They are still being quite secretive, perhaps they have given up and do not want to admit defeat. dunno

It's been an issue for some, but not all, for so long now that I would be very surprised if they are able to resolve it in the next few releases.
                  It would be good to understand the ISPs involved here. Based upon the reports, I have suspected that some ISPs are spraying traffic across proxy farms which could be breaking some legacy session tracking techniques but we wouldn't know that unless we had two folks in the same area on different ISPs with one working and one not. I thought most ISPs may have moved away from proxy farms by now but there are reasons why some may still employ them but I won't go into that here.

One option / trick might be for someone who isn't working but has IPv6 support from their ISP, is to disable IPv4 on their machine running SF and only run with IPv6 and see if they can download from Peacock. It is unlikely someone in the US can run that way to many sites but it might provide some insight on the issue.

Jeff

Comment

I caved and installed a VPN to finally be able to download "Homicide: Life on the Streets". It didn't have a Boston location and only had minimal success with New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Dallas, but worked like a charm (and fast) with Phoenix selected.

Comment

I have Norton360 (gasp), I turned its VPN on. It doesn't allow selection of end point, but it worked to get The Fall Guy Extended. I still had to retry on two American Ninja Warrior episodes, but eventually got them.

Comment

I know a few others report contacting support. I did now too. 'Rain' claims, they will pass it to the developer to check.
                        Not very reassuring. And it's been going on since mid to end of July. We are into September now.

Comment

I know a few others report contacting support. I did now too. 'Rain' claims, they will pass it to the developer to check.
                          Not very reassuring. And it's been going on since mid to end of July. We are into September now.
                          I've started several support tickets. Terrible communication from them, pretty much like talking to a fence post...

Comment

I've started several support tickets. Terrible communication from them, pretty much like talking to a fence post...
                            I pretty much told them everything they need to know, except how to fix it.

If I could fix it, I would not need SF support.
                            And SF is back to slapping people in the face with this so-called update 6197 that don't fix anything, just adds a module or two.

Comment

For my case, it was definitely Comcast, in the midwest. I couldn't get "The Fall Guy" to complete without failing at the last minute. Turning on a VPN and still connecting in the Chicago area, the download completed fine. It would seem that something is happening with Comcast/Peacock when you have Comcast.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbalo View Post
                                For my case, it was definitely Comcast, in the midwest. I couldn't get "The Fall Guy" to complete without failing at the last minute. Turning on a VPN and still connecting in the Chicago area, the download completed fine. It would seem that something is happening with Comcast/Peacock when you have Comcast.
                                I had to stop speculating, as nothing makes total sense.
                                I can get some things from Peacock fine, others give the issue.
                                Other than a VPN, guess no way to bypass Xfinity/Comcast. Others have tried different means.
                                And with Comcast/Xfinity offering Peacock to many customers, it really makes you wonder why there would be an issue, unless Comcast wants to again stop offering Peacock.
                                And EVERYTHING is fine if watching any of the programs, it's only once SF tries to analyze and then download the trouble programs that issues show.

I showed SF support exactly what was happening on trouble items and what it should be doing when not having trouble, but I have no idea how to tell support or reconfigure the program itself to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X