Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes....I did read the thread....did you read mine? Or even have a point?

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
      Yes....I did read the thread....did you read mine? Or even have a point?
      I understood you are stumped about the issue since it does not affect you. We narrowed it down to being regional a month or so ago.

Evidently you were agreeing with what others had already posted numerous times. When I read your post it came off as you were offering a fresh diagnosis even though you do not have the issue.

In the future I'll ignore your posts.

Hope you ignore my posts.
      Last edited by flylow+; 09-10-2024, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Little Girls use LOL.

I haven't had the issue with any version nor any location I happen to have the VPN set too. I didn't offer any diagnosis. Did you imagine one in my post.
        Since you seem slow, I'll say it again. I did not have any problems downloading with the newest version. The post was not directed at you so ignore everything and anything you wish.
        I don't think I was required to ask your permission to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          I've been busy, so I haven't had time to do any extensive testing. The last two days of my regular downloading of Days of Our Lives for my wife, I was able to download (for the first time in a long time) those two episodes without any problem and without having to VPN to Boston. When I get the chance, I'll do some extra testing.
          Looking forward to seeing the results.

Comment

There is another possible fix coming in the next update of SF for Peacock. The same for Netflix.
            Can't say if the fixes will work.
            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I did a short test. The files being my usual daily download of Days of Our Lives for my wife, yesterday's Morning Joe, yesterday's Dateline: White House, and some randomly picked half-hour reality show recent episode that I can't remember the name of. Things started off good with DOOL downloading with no problem and without the need to VPN to Boston. Second, Morning Joe failed with 0% and 0 segments showing on the download. The same happened with Dateline: White House. Both Morning Joe and Dateline: White House are MSNBC shows. One other thing I'd also like to add, I had to try to get yesterday's Morning Joe since that was the latest available on StreamFab whereas if you go straight to NBC.com or MSNBC.com with your browser you can watch today's episode. Another thing, trying to use the URL from the browser in StreamFab results in an Adobe provider screen that is endlessly searching with a white display. Since I do have the right to NBC and MSNBC as a Xfinity/Comcast subscriber, I have no problem with my browser with the Adobe provider check, but this happens all the time with StreamFab. This is a long-standing problem and should have been fixed a year or more ago. And finally, the reality show downloaded with no problem. I tried Morning Joe again and it failed. Dateline: White House downloaded without a problem this time. I did Morning Joe again, and on this, the third attempt, it downloaded. So, in all, I'd say it is still mixed results.

Comment

I did a short test. The files being my usual daily download of Days of Our Lives for my wife, yesterday's Morning Joe, yesterday's Dateline: White House, and some randomly picked half-hour reality show recent episode that I can't remember the name of. Things started off good with DOOL downloading with no problem and without the need to VPN to Boston. Second, Morning Joe failed with 0% and 0 segments showing on the download. The same happened with Dateline: White House. Both Morning Joe and Dateline: White House are MSNBC shows. One other thing I'd also like to add, I had to try to get yesterday's Morning Joe since that was the latest available on StreamFab whereas if you go straight to NBC.com or MSNBC.com with your browser you can watch today's episode. Another thing, trying to use the URL from the browser in StreamFab results in an Adobe provider screen that is endlessly searching with a white display. Since I do have the right to NBC and MSNBC as a Xfinity/Comcast subscriber, I have no problem with my browser with the Adobe provider check, but this happens all the time with StreamFab. This is a long-standing problem and should have been fixed a year or more ago. And finally, the reality show downloaded with no problem. I tried Morning Joe again and it failed. Dateline: White House downloaded without a problem this time. I did Morning Joe again, and on this, the third attempt, it downloaded. So, in all, I'd say it is still mixed results.
                The Adobe Authenticator updated over a year ago.....Streamfab needs to update the browser for it to be able to work.
                I was able to grab your shows without any problems at all...(Phoenix). If you want the logs let me know, I'll upload.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Thankfully downloads from Comcast/Infinity in Seattle are now succeeding for me on the first try. Just tested Morning Joe, Days of Our Lives and Deadline: White House without any issues. Still thinking it is likely a Comcast/Infinity issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tested peacock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	450109

Click image for larger version  Name:	tested peacock.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	450108
                  Last edited by flylow+; 09-12-2024, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Thanks for the update. Thankfully downloads from Comcast/Infinity in Seattle are now succeeding for me on the first try. Just tested Morning Joe, Days of Our Lives and Deadline: White House without any issues. Still thinking it is likely a Comcast/Infinity issue.
                    I don't know why you are thanking them. They didn't do anything. One thing I forgot to mention in my last post which you reprinted was that I'm still running 6.1.9.6. I saw nothing in 6.1.9.7 to make me want to install it. Since I don't subscribe to Netflix, I have no interest in 6.1.9.8 either. Well, I reran my test today with yesterday's Dateline: White House, today's Morning Joe, today's Days of Our Lives, and a randomly picked half hour episode of a show named Community which I don't think I ever heard of before. All downloaded this time on the first try without having to use my trick of VPNing to Boston. So, after a few days, it seems the problem possibly is fully solved. But not by StreamFab, Peacock must have fixed all their CDNs.

Comment

So, after a few days, it seems the problem possibly is fully solved.
                      But not by StreamFab, Peacock must have fixed all their CDNs.
                      I'm sorry, but I can't let it go:

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                      How should SF be able to solve Peacock's CDN problem?
                      duck and away -> AFK​​

Comment

I said almost from the beginning that it was a problem with Peacock's CDN. The thing is that I think that I had the concept backwards. I thought that since I could connect 100% of the time to the Boston area CDN via VPN, I thought it was because they were still using an older version of the CDN "firmware" (for lack of what the proper term should be) and my local CDN was using the newer "firmware" which StreamFab had trouble connecting with. I thought that StreamFab would need to adjust their scripts to work with newer "firmware". Well, I now think it is just the opposite. My local CDN had the old firmware and Boston had the new. StreamFab worked better with the new. So, if that is true, then when Peacock updated all their CDNs to the new "firmware" then everyone could connect without pulling any VPN tricks to reach a CDN that had the new "firmware". I hope that makes sense.

Comment

I don't know why you are thanking them. They didn't do anything. One thing I forgot to mention in my last post which you reprinted was that I'm still running 6.1.9.6. I saw nothing in 6.1.9.7 to make me want to install it. Since I don't subscribe to Netflix, I have no interest in 6.1.9.8 either. Well, I reran my test today with yesterday's Dateline: White House, today's Morning Joe, today's Days of Our Lives, and a randomly picked half hour episode of a show named Community which I don't think I ever heard of before. All downloaded this time on the first try without having to use my trick of VPNing to Boston. So, after a few days, it seems the problem possibly is fully solved. But not by StreamFab, Peacock must have fixed all their CDNs.
                          Did not thank them, I thanked you for posting your test results. I did say thankfully but perhaps I should have said "I am pleased that downloads from Comcast/Infinity in Seattle are now succeeding..."

Comment

Did not thank them, I thanked you for posting your test results. I did say thankfully but perhaps I should have said "I am pleased that downloads from Comcast/Infinity in Seattle are now succeeding..."
                            Whoops! My bad. I see that now. I'm really sorry I misread that. I was so eager to see how everyone felt about 6.1.9.8 not listing anything about Peacock again in the changelog that when I saw the word "update" I immediately thought you were referring to 6.1.9.8 and not my test result.

Comment

... The files being my usual daily download of Days of Our Lives for my wife, yesterday's Morning Joe, yesterday's Dateline: White House, ...
                              Did you mean: Deadline: White House ???

Comment

Did you mean: Deadline: White House ???

Yep! Hey, I'm a senior citizen. My neural synapses don't always connect to the right place. Dateline is what's on MSNBC on the weekend, late nights. I do like Nicolle Wallace on Deadline: White House. She's one of my favorite hosts, along with Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes, of course, the crew from Morning Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X