Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you tell if a software is a screen recorder or a downloader?

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
      How can you tell if a software is a screen recorder or a downloader?
      This can usually be seen in the blurring during fast movements.

And apart from the higher CPU load when capturing ..
      .. the bit rate of the selection and result is often very different​

Comment

So do you possibly already know if pazu streamget is a recorder or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister DL View Post
          I use Pazu Netflix Downloader. No screen recorder.
          Sigh... If you do a search on the forum, you will see we have already discussed that this is not a WEB Downloader but a WEB Ripper.

These record at high speed but it is not the original file like what you get from StreamFab.

Once StreamFab is fixed, download that same episode and you will see it is not at all the same. You can do a diff with WinMerge but you will see the difference just with the file size and the codec and encoding settings displayed in MediaInfo.

Here is an example of what to look for that are telltale signs it's not a downloader:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	450072
          I have it installed from way before as i wanted to test it but trust me they would have made a big announcement if they switched from recording/ripping to actually downloading.
          1. Video Quality of High/Medium/Low or having Video Quality at all for that matter
          2. Using Hardware Acceleration
          3. Conversion. Why convert if you download?
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Ok thank you for the info. Sorry for not searching. Now I know how to tell.

Comment

• jpp72
              jpp72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Search comment was not aimed at you but you are welcome

Also having an Analyzing problem with NF on version 6.1.9.7 (wont stop analyzing). I hadn't downloaded anything from NF in a while. Other channels were and are fine. Hopefully, this can be resolved sometime soon. Do I need to provide a log file?

Comment

Pazu Video Downloader Überprüfung: Pro & Contra 2024 Update (dvdfab.at)

Comment

I actually like Erika but that comparison is horrible. No mention of the download vs high-speed recording or that you need a powerful GPU for H265.

The most egregious part is saying no simultaneous downloads when there are also no simultaneous downloads in StreamFab. You can't even analyse/add videos to the queue when there are ongoing downloads for that service. You used to be able to but once i pointed out a bug with the wrong metadata being used when adding vids while downloading, they simply disabled that feature instead of fixing it.

Smh...
                How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

...but that comparison is horrible.
                  Yes, not the most unbiased review she's put out. A little like Ford reviewing a GM truck.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDalibaba View Post
                    i have noticed many times when there is a problem with Streamfab. most of the time when you see Streamfab having a problem, the publisher appears like a fairy and says I will fix it right away [meaning they know how to fix it]. but when Streamfab has a problem and you don't see that fairy appear, it means they don't know how to fix it. and when they know how to fix it, the fairy will appear.

So don't expect Streamfab to be back on your netflix anytime soon.​ it will be resolved. but not as quickly as you think
                    5 days have passed and the fairy still hasn't appeared

Comment

since they usually release an update every 7 days, we'll see what the fairy brings tomorrow. it's only the 6th day from the last update.

Comment

i updated the new version v6.1.9.8
                        and netflix is ​​working again
                        thanks developer​

Comment

9.8 does fix NF. Thank you SF.

Comment

Here, everything is also back to normal with netflix. Many thanks Dvdfab!

Comment

Working...
                            X