Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Party Firmware software will be needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Party Firmware software will be needed!

It looks like to me that new players are going to have more and more problems with playing back DVDs with new and different protections being created from time to time. Old protection free DVD players are just that, old! The will start having problems over time and they also lack the new technology that make new better players much better.

Someone who can write firmware versions for the most common name new and current DVD players would be very beneficial for this software company. At least that is the way I see it!

Don't count on it. The handwriting is on the wall for disc players anyway, time to think about making the move to a media player and forget the high dollar blanks and Cinavia.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Don't count on it. The handwriting is on the wall for disc players anyway, time to think about making the move to a media player and forget the high dollar blanks and Cinavia.
      Are you saying that they Cannot make a Copy Protection for a Media Player (something simular to Cinavia, or something else) ????

Comment

All I'm saying is the discs my set top player won't play because of Cinavia my media player will. Who knows what the future holds but so far so good.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It depends on who makes the media player, but in most cases the studios do not have any control over the player makers (as they do over the disc players via AACS) and Cinavia requires hardware and firmware that the media player makers will not have to install (at least the ones that 1) play discs and 2) use DVDFab's core technology).
          Originally posted by ordman View Post
          Are you saying that they Cannot make a Copy Protection for a Media Player (something simular to Cinavia, or something else) ????
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by cattman View Post
            It looks like to me that new players are going to have more and more problems with playing back DVDs with new and different protections being created from time to time. Old protection free DVD players are just that, old! The will start having problems over time and they also lack the new technology that make new better players much better.

Someone who can write firmware versions for the most common name new and current DVD players would be very beneficial for this software company. At least that is the way I see it!
            Just my 5 cents worth. I just bought a sony el cheapo from wallmart 55.00 plays dvds just great. The last player a had was a cheapo one aswell.

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
            Just my 5 cents worth. I just bought a sony el cheapo from wallmart 55.00 plays dvds just great. The last player a had was a cheapo one aswell.
            I agree but I believe that dvd's will eventually become old thus mothballing our dvd players.

Comment

Question From Not So Savy Techie

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post

I agree but I believe that dvd's will eventually become old thus mothballing our dvd players.
              Guess I'm just a real novice to this, but can someone please tell me what DVDs are going to be replaced with? My current "old" DVD players both still play anything and everything whatever the protections so far. Shows my ignorance I guess, but there you are, sorry!

Comment

Where is the Beta forum, I don't have VHS? LOL . Kidding a side Optical will be around long after I'm gone ( Opinion ) but I am 60+ . Disc basically will never ware out if you don't damage or abuse it, say leaving in your car in Arizona on a 120 degree day. The younger high tech generation love this new streaming and and they seem to make the excess money to afford it. But if you do transfer all your movies to memory, keep your hard copies, or make hard copies DVD or BD if downloaded. A acquaintance of mine bought 2 Large TB hard drives and put all his movies on one and used the other for back up. Then gave away his DVD's and BD's he says. First drive failed and he started to use his back up, yep that's rite it failed to before he got it backed up, total lose of his collection. Evidently they where flawed. If he still had his optical disks he could start over. By the way who needs to watch a 4K movie on there ipad or smart phone, or spend $4000 dollars on a 4K LCD. Save your money and get one of the new holographic TV's. Then in the mean time you can eat Steak.....

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieBob View Post
                  A acquaintance of mine bought 2 Large TB hard drives and put all his movies on one and used the other for back up. Then gave away his DVD's and BD's he says.
                  If your acquaintance no longer has the physical DVDS or Blu-Ray's in their possession, then they have no right to have the HDD with movies either, they must be destroyed...
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The solution to this is simple..

Keep your original disks.

Implement a stringent Disk Check/Backup routine.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

ErnieBob, this is not the venue for political editorials, please stay on topic.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                        ErnieBob, this is not the venue for political editorials, please stay on topic.
                        Your correct, a political comparison of why people will lie for personal and monetary gain was condescending to forum rules, and off topic.

Comment

Working...
                        X