This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VLC Media Player

This excellent tool is an open source media player/framework/streamer with versions for many OSs. It is thoroughly documented and many third-party guides are available. It will play virtually any media file including DVDs and does not require codec downloads. It is free and is available here. Many DVDFab users have VLC installed and use it for testing/troubleshooting file conversion issues. VLC can be discussed in this thread.

Thanks to all who have contributed to its development.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

One issue with VLC is that it can not play wmv files created with WMA10 5.1 audio. It will display the video but it will provide an error regarding audio when attempting to play files created with the Fab profile for WMV 10 using 5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
      One issue with VLC is that it can not play wmv files created with WMA10 5.1 audio. It will display the video but it will provide an error regarding audio when attempting to play files created with the Fab profile for WMV 10 using 5.1.
      I just attempted to reproduce this error and was not able to do so.
      The "Fab profile for WMV 10 using 5.1" files played just fine, no problem with the audio at all.
      Just an FYI, using VLC 1.0.5
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Not sure when this 1.1.3 version came out or if anyone knew of this version, but here is a link...

Comment

Yeah, but Maineman is an member of the "OLD FARTS CLUB" anyhow!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks SJ
            I had missed the update.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Yeah, but Maineman is an member of the "OLD FARTS CLUB" anyhow!!!
              So am I but don't see what that has to do with the update

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
                So am I but don't see what that has to do with the update
                Greg was just poking fun at me.

As long as we're on the subject of rationales for posts, were you making a point about MRL_DVDFab's post? or just commenting on updates in general?

I see that this is less than a pressing matter to MRL_DVDFab.
                He has not returned to this thread and never posted which version of VLC he had trouble with.
                Oh well, if he doesn't care, I sure don't

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  Greg was just poking fun at me.

As long as we're on the subject of rationales for posts, were you making a point about MRL_DVDFab's post? or just commenting on updates in general?

I see that this is less than a pressing matter to MRL_DVDFab.
                  He has not returned to this thread and never posted which version of VLC he had trouble with.
                  Oh well, if he doesn't care, I sure don't
                  Was only reporting on a newer version I didn't know about, hope I wasn't out of line cause it was not my intent

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                    Thanks SJ
                    I had missed the update.
                    Your welcome my friend

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
                      Was only reporting on a newer version I didn't know about, hope I wasn't out of line cause it was not my intent
                      Nah, I was trying to figure out if you had, or didn't have, the same issue as MRL_DVDFab, but like I said, no one else has reported the problem and he hasn't returned.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Nah, I was trying to figure out if you had, or didn't have, the same issue as MRL_DVDFab, but like I said, no one else has reported the problem and he hasn't returned.
                        Oh you know me I never have an issue/problem and if I do I can usually fix it or figure it out myself without help

Comment

VLC Media Player is a favourite of all life open source, and the latest version is also the first to be out of beta development. This is not the only option for video playback free, but it is one of the best, and updates for the version and make it worth the upgrade.
                          The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Comment

VLC Media Player Hit by New Critical Vulnerability VLC 1.1.6.

VLC Media Player Hit by New Critical Vulnerability VLC 1.1.6.
                            It seems there was a security flaw in version VLC 1.1.6. http://news.softpedia.com/news/VLC-M...y-181754.shtml so it is advised to install the latest version VLC 1.1.7 found here
                            http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

CBR929
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                            X