Very Slow Netflix Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Slow Netflix Performance

I'm finding the download performance of Netflix to be 1:2 (2 minutes to download 1 min of video) so a 2 hour movie takes more than 4 hours to get to the remux stage (didn't matter where the high speed switch was set) . With Prime Video I was seeing the opposite 2:1 performance which was inline with my expectations. HBO Max fails with an error regarding private browser mode so I can't comment on its performance. My laptop is an i7-2640M@2.8GHz with 8GB RAM. Is there an issue with Netflix or do I need more horsepower?

Please supply more information in the form of your drmDownloader log and info on you GPU. If you have DVDFab, you can supply the fabcheck log. These should be attached to a post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here are the files from a Netflix session which was downloading about 20 seconds of the movie per minute, which is a 1:3 ratio, not sure why it was even slower than last night. My internet connection is 200Mb down, so it's not the issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

That’s great, the developers will check it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please give version 3019 a try and feedback, thanks.

Comment

Same issue, choppy video is displayed and the download process is very slow. See attached logs.
            Attached Files

Comment

Any updates?

Based on what services I subscribe to:
              Prime Video - 2X performance, no issues, works great!
              Netflix - unusable performance, 4-5hrs/movie
              HBOMax - Private browsing issue, can’t even start a download
              Hulu - any ETA on availability?

I need to get at least one more service working to justify the license cost, at some point I’d like to think all 4 work be functional.

Comment

Please update to version 3.0.2.2 to try again.
                HBO Max is supported, slow downloading with Netflix should be fixed.
                Hulu still needs time.

Comment

Same for me Amazon works only with SD content. Any other service and any HD content wont download or if they do its scary slow like 200kb/s. Im on the latest 3.2.0.3. Any ideas on this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by katcountry1033girl View Post
                    Same for me Amazon works only with SD content. Any other service and any HD content wont download or if they do its scary slow like 200kb/s. Im on the latest 3.2.0.3. Any ideas on this yet?
                    We didn't set any limit on this. It could be the website's server limits the speed based on the video quality.

Comment

I was using 3.2.0.3 and was also seeing very slow downloads (<1MB/sec) so I uninstalled 3.2.0.3 and installed 3.2.0.2 and performance is way better (10-35MB/sec).

There is something wrong in 3.2.0.3 when it comes to download speeds.

Note: I only tested Netflix (1080p), HBOMax (1080p) and Hulu US (720p) and saw the very slow download speed in 3.2.0.3 and the faster download speeds in 3.2.0.2

Comment

many of the services will cap downloads under 1MBps after downloading several gigs in a short period.

NOTE: transfer is reported in Bytes, while encoding bitrate is in bits

Comment

Working...
                        X