VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN

I was wondering should I be using a VPN while downloading from Netflix HBOmax ect.? Thank you.

Do you use one when you are normally watching those services?

I mean, you're logging into those services so VPN or not, they know it's you.

And as far as your ISP, they see you using a streaming service to get a movie to watch.
    Last edited by KidJoe; 04-19-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

sorry it almost 420 I'm in the ⛅right now.

Comment

lol Ace!

But there is a VPN question I have been meaning to ask. Sometimes I find movies or episodes on Amazon that are "not available in my area". I am in the United States.

Assuming one of these movies/episodes is avaialble in a different region, like UK for example, can I VPN to a UK server and access/download these? I am specifically asking about any settings in the DVDFab Downloader that I may need to adjust/change to account for a new/different region.

I can play around with it myself, but if someone has already done something like this it might save me some time.
        Last edited by dillon77; 04-19-2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon77 View Post
          lol Ace!

But there is a VPN question I have been meaning to ask. Sometimes I find movies or episodes on Amazon that are "not available in my area". I am in the United States.

Assuming one of these movies/episodes is avaialble in a different region, like UK for example, can I VPN to a UK server and access/download these? I am specifically asking about any settings in the DVDFab Downloader that I may need to adjust/change to account for a new/different region.

I can play around with it myself, but if someone has already done something like this it might save me some time.
          I wouldn't see why not, I specifically use expressvpn I will try and see if I can log in amazon jp to downloads some movie that isn't available in USA and I'll get back with you.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon77 View Post
            lol Ace!

This is in fact one of the most famous uses of a VPN!

You may do this, but be very careful since Netflix is constantly evolving the way it blocks VPN users. It learns which IP addresses come from VPN servers, and blocks them. It's also fairly easy for streaming sites to know which accounts are using VPNs since these accounts change IP addresses at almost every connection, even if they If I may suggest, it would be worthwhile looking for a VPN that has offers a dedicated IP address, or at least safe static servers. The former are usually add-ons to your subscription, while the latter may come for free. A static IP will let you connect without looking like you're coming from a VPN, so there's less chance that your account will be banned by Netflix.

Just my two cents ^^,

Comment

I use Nord VPN which works well (DVDFab uses Nord for testing). It is my personal opinion that if you are paying for the service, you should be able to watch from anywhere without penalty or restrictions. If you use a VPN as a workaround for provider restrictions be sure it works. Many of the free ones don’t provide much protection and may leak your DNS data to the evil watchers. You can test your VPN for security and leaks at www.hidemyass.com/en-us/ip-info , provided by HideMyAss, another good supplier of VPN services. Note that download speeds will be slower on most VPNs.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I suggest you to get free trial first and test. If you satisfied with their services and features then get a long term subscription, otherwise say sorry. https://www.purevpn.com/trial.php

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  I use Nord VPN which works well (DVDFab uses Nord for testing). It is my personal opinion that if you are paying for the service, you should be able to watch from anywhere without penalty or restrictions. If you use a VPN as a workaround for provider restrictions be sure it works. Many of the free ones don’t provide much protection and may leak your DNS data to the evil watchers. You can test your VPN for security and leaks at www.hidemyass.com/en-us/ip-info , provided by HideMyAss, another good supplier of VPN services. Note that download speeds will be slower on most VPNs.
                  I'm still unable to get Nord to work with Netflix. I see this was posted awhile ago. Are you able to use with Netflix now?? I've already posted logs for this but have heard nothing for awhile on it. Thanks for your time!!

Comment

Originally posted by AceDaMack View Post
                    I was wondering should I be using a VPN while downloading from Netflix HBOmax ect.? Thank you.
                    Hi, yes, I had the same problem. It's just that in some regions these services are not available (due to political problems between countries, for example).
                    To avoid restrictions, you can use a VPN. Specifically for streaming services you can use some from this article https://en.vpnwelt.com/vpn-for-netflix/.

Personally, I would recommend picking a resource that will be available in your region. No matter how you look at it, a VPN is a third-party service and will not work perfectly, combining with sites like this)

I prefer to download movies to my computer and then watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X