This no no longer the product i purched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This no no longer the product i purched

You removed all of the 1080, which is why i bought this program for lifetime.

This change comes from Amazon, and not from
    Fab.
    It is comparable to copy protection (DVD/BluRay).
    The problem is already being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by duranman View Post
      You removed all of the 1080, which is why i bought this program for lifetime.
      I get the frustrafrustration
      Unfortunately this is what can happen with tools that work with web sites. When the site changes, the tools break.

With DVDFab Downloader, it's also about DRM and/or copy protection too. When the source DRM or copy protection measures change, DVDFab's tools will break.

Just takes some time until they can hopefully fix it.

Comment

I agree completely.

There seems to be almost no priority to maintaining existing sites, that don't work properly. They just keep trying to release new sites, none of which work as well as Amazon used to. Nothing lives up to the advertised quality currently. Disney's been stuck at 720p or not working at all for 2 months now. Paramount stopped working entirely for me well over a month ago, with no real follow-up from the company after multiple reports. Now amazon's broken. Netflix and HBO both have substandard audio. I don't use any of the other streaming services that they've added.

They claim to be working on stuff but there haven't been true fixes.

MAYBE something beyond "We're working on it" would help, even if just a progress report in release notes. I get that nothing is instantaneous, but ANY feedback would be nice.

Right now I kind of feel conned for having bought a lifetime subscription. This isn't my only DVD Fab product but it's currently the only on I'm truly disappointed with.

Sorry if comes across as overly negative, but this is my honest impression

Comment

that's predictable.
          the streaming services only have to change their encryption often enough, then providers come up with the
          hardly keep up with fixing their download programmes.
          Imagine you have a BluRay where the encryption changes by itself every few days.
          It is decrypted, and shortly afterwards, the whole thing starts all over again. That's the situation Fab always finds itself in.
          Last edited by D300; 05-16-2021, 04:48 AM.

Comment

It's quite funny that all of you crying about the product being horrible aren't spending the money to actually purchase the movie or TV show you want on blu-ray. If you care about quality, then why not purchase it that way? The coders and people behind this tool do a fantastic job.

The fact that you are upset that they can't just jump to it and make things work is beyond me. I can see that you have no idea about encryption and DRM.

I think going forward those that have a negative comment towards "this is taking too long" should be sent the program and see if they can fix it faster or decrypt things in order for them to work correctly.

Comment

I haven't download anything for a while now because there isn't anything there that interests me. I will say that the downloader has saved me some money since I bought it. I am sure they will fix whatever is broken with time. I would like to see YouTube movies and Peacock supported at some time and I think I have been waiting for over a month but it's okay. It's not like I am going somewhere or need it at this very minute. We will all be fine.

Comment

This is a best-effort service not metered by the day or week. Development continues at a breakneck pace and will continue to improve. Any more rants and I will close the thread. Posts the contribute to a solution to a problem are welcome; posts that don’t will be vanished if they ever see the light of day.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  This is a best-effort service not metered by the day or week. Development continues at a breakneck pace and will continue to improve. Any more rants and I will close the thread. Posts the contribute to a solution to a problem are welcome; posts that don’t will be vanished if they ever see the light of day.
                  This is about the most equitable moderator response you are ever going to get, anywhere, and it is both accurate and fair. Clearly English isn't the first language, but even so, it was well done and from a long time moderator on another very popular website, I believe it was probably even pretty lenient. Moderators never get any love, and I kind of feel like when given the opportunity in an actual (vs theoretical?) situation, you take the time to give props that rarely get given, if you can. Rant/Props over. Tx.

Comment

Working...
                  X