Hulu in 4.0.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu in 4.0.0.2

There is definitely something wrong with this new version. I was previously downloading all episodes of NYPD Blue and there were around 10 random episodes which wouldn't download from Hulu. After upgrading to version 4.0.0.2 I am able to download these episodes but the 'parsing' step takes about 3-4x as long as normal and the frame rate is off with the resulting files. The video appears extremely choppy compared to the previously downloaded episodes.

As a test, I downloaded two episodes together, one that had previously downloaded normally and one that didn't work with the previous version of StreamFab. Both downloaded but like I said the one that previously failed took much longer during the 'parsing' stage. The episode that had previously downloaded normally looks identical to the version I already and the frame rate is smooth, the other episode has the poor choppy frame rate. I have attached the portion of the log file for these episodes.
    Attached Files

Good feedback, thanks.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just downloaded entire Station 19 series without any problems from Hulu. Yes it was in 720p but knew that would be the case before I started. Everything seem to download smoothly without any failures!

Comment

Originally posted by isrdude View Post
        Just downloaded entire Station 19 series without any problems from Hulu. Yes it was in 720p but knew that would be the case before I started. Everything seem to download smoothly without any failures!
        Did you watch any of the episodes? I downloaded the last episode available (S04E16) and it has the same frame rate issues I described in my post.

If you use MediaInfo on the file, this is the information on frame rate from the Station 19 episode:
        Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
        Format settings, CABAC : Yes
        Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
        Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=24
        Frame rate mode : Variable
        Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
        Minimum frame rate : 23.974 FPS
        Maximum frame rate : 23.981 FPS

And this is the frame rate info from the NYPD Blue episode I described in my post which I downloaded with 4.0.0.2 but did not have an issue with downloading on previous versions:

Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
        Format settings, CABAC : Yes
        Format settings, Reference frames : 5 frames
        Frame rate mode : Constant
        Frame rate : 23.976 FPS

There is clearly something different happening with the frame rate with the way the files are processed.

Comment

I concur, this is happening with not just Hulu , but netflix as well. The post download parsing stage is taking longer to deal with overall

Comment

I watched Station 19 S04E16 that I downloaded with lver 4.0.02. Showing 23.975 fps and it was a smooth playback with out any chop or audio issues either..

Comment

Working...
            X