This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return licenses ?

I would like to return my licenses from StreamFab (Amazon and Netflix) because the promised services are not delivered. Is this possible ?

I feel your pain but most likely not, given the fact that trials can be used.
    You'll need to contact them via their helpdesk for a definitive answer as only they can tell you that
    This is more of a customer:customer support forum, not really designed for that information

Comment

I think there is a period of time where they will give your money back. Unless you waited too long. I am still quite happy with my licenses, I have gotten back more than I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by UluKay View Post
        I would like to return my licenses from StreamFab (Amazon and Netflix) because the promised services are not delivered. Is this possible ?
        The program works as advertised, if you do not know how to use it then, I wouldn't think you get any money back. You never mention what promised services that were not delivered?
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          The program works as advertised,
          No, it doesn't... For many people

You never mention what promised services that were not delivered?
          Read through the forums, the list of things not working (and ignored by devs) is huge
          • Netflix is just garbage all around. The quality varies from show to show, and even if the program lies and says it's in 1080p, the end framerate says quite differently
          • Amazon has been crippled for months now. It's not even worth bothering to download from there, as the quality is SD
          • Apple is unreliable, mainly because developers cannot be bothered to figure out how to get it to reveal which episodes are really available (it always ends up with a +1, unless the season is over, forcing a pause in the program)
          • Disney+ was reduced from 1080p to 720p by developers. This was not a have to thing. This was a choice. They could have left D+ alone and we'd still have HQ video AND audio just fine. Now, we do not
          • Hulu (US) only records at 720p. Again, they could have introduced this at 1080p (same way they did Apple and had everything else running), but chose not to.
          Right now, as it is, this is the classic scam known as 'bait and switch'. Advertise something, then in the middle of things, switch everything to something which is a lower value product. For some, this might be acceptable, but it's not.

When you advertise 1080p, and deliver far inferior quality, you'd better expect people to be upset.

Comment

• Netflix is just garbage all around. The quality varies from show to show, and even if the program lies and says it's in 1080p, the end framerate says quite differently
            I get 1080P 90% of the time, so thats just wrong.

• Disney+ was reduced from 1080p to 720p by developers. This was not a have to thing. This was a choice. They could have left D+ alone and we'd still have HQ video AND audio just fine. Now, we do not
            • Hulu (US) only records at 720p. Again, they could have introduced this at 1080p (same way they did Apple and had everything else running), but chose not to.
            720P on these 2 providers is not the program's fault, it is due to L1 CDM being disabled in May. I guess you don't know much about that.
            Amazon downloads just fine for me and many others, so maybe you just have a crappy computer or don't know how to work the program, either way, none of what you say is true.

Comment

Refunds were available only for the first 30 days after purchase.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Tbh, I totally understand the OP.
                I did not take it to get 720p movies. I can get them in an other way.

I finally have given up StreamFab and have choosen an other software (I won’t quote here and don’t bother asking, I can say that google is your friend) that works for the services I use. I can get video at 1080p with 5.1 sound and subtittles...

In the end, this is not really good for DVDFab. Yes I took the all in one. I have paid it a good price... but let’s be honest, I won’t take any other service they could release cause of this poor experience. At the end, I am not sure it is a good business thing for them.
                Maybe if they could get back to what they advertised, but.. I am not sure I will even see it, as I use something else now.

Sure, I will follow forum and let's see if it can go better. I am yet interested by apple tv downloads...

<I was thinking I had validated my post... it seems I did not>

Comment

I get 1080P 90% of the time, so thats just wrong.
                  No you don't. You get what the program tells you is 1080p. If you look at the framerate for those , you'll see that they're not 1080 at all.
                  Netflix, as it is right now is dodgy at best. The quality is not 1080, at all.
                  For some shows, it might be close, but as has been discussed numerous times here, it's not for the majority of them. Example after example has been given.

720P on these 2 providers is not the program's fault,
                  Wrong again.
                  IF the program can be streamed via browser at 1080, it CAN be downloaded at 1080.
                  D+ WAS at 1080, when they were STREAMING it, not DOWNLOADING it.
                  This means, it is 100% the program / developers fault. THEY chose to do things this way, not the other way around

Amazon downloads just fine for me and many others, so maybe you just have a crappy computer or don't know how to work the program,
                  Yeah, try that one again, kid.
                  Amazon hasn't been at 1080 for months. it hasn't even pulled 720 for better than a month.
                  Amazon, in the LATEST updates has caused MASSIVE issues, from taking 15+ minutes (post download) to parse a video to literally grabbing crap quality.
                  It's GREAT, if all you want to watch is old school stuff, stuff that came out 20+ years ago and hasn't been updated to HD by now. Not so much if you' want anything that's worthwhile.

either way, none of what you say is true.
                  That may be your opinion, but it is 100% incorrect. Every single thing that I've said is 100% based in fact . Might want to look it up, and do some research

When you pay as much as people do for this product (it is rather expensive), you have the right to expect support and updates in a timely fashion, and yes, the OP has every right to be upset at how this has gone.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
                    No you don't. You get what the program tells you is 1080p. If you look at the framerate for those , you'll see that they're not 1080 at all.
                    For some shows, it might be close, but as has been discussed numerous times here, it's not for the majority of them. Example after example has been given.
                    Hey bud, you do realize that Frame Rate and Frame Height don't actually have anything to do with each other right?

I downloaded Black Lightning season 4 from Netflix the other day. These numbers are FHD

Frame Width: 1920
                    Frame Height: 1080
                    Frame Rate: 23.98 f/s

Amazon does download for me just fine, the parsing doesn't take too long on my 5950X. The only set back is the video Resolution is SD. This is not the fault of the Dev's, this is due to Amazon (or google) changing their decryption keys and the Dev's have not cracked it, or obtained a copy.

Back when the Dev's switched Disney from Stream capture to download they noted that it will be limited to 720 until they can get 1080 to be stable, this is probably the same with Hulu. The thought was to sacrifice resolution for better audio. Because Disney limits browser viewing to stereo only. The download method, while only at 720, gives us 5.1. The video quality of my download through Plex vs the Disney app on my Roku is not all that bad to me. At least I have a copy and I can always redownload if they every up it to 1080.

For the record you cannot stream in FHD in your browser if the "Widevine Content Decryption Module" for it is not up to date

Comment

You are just telling fibs so you can get your money back, everything I posted is true. Are you new to computers? It sure looks that way. Anyhow, I really dont care if because you downloaded everything you want to see,. now you want your money back, its a pity there are people like you taking advantage of these wonderful programs. You should ashamed of yourself.

Comment

IF the program can be streamed via browser at 1080, it CAN be downloaded at 1080.
                        Except it CAN'T be streamed via browser at 1080p. I have tried telling you this multiple times but you either won't or can't accept it. You keep making the argument the it was 1080p in the past so they should be able to still do it. Hulu has been confirmed BY HULU to only stream at a maximum of 720p in a browser. That's a limitation they implemented. StreamFab uses a browser to access the video so if the highest quality stream a browser can stream is 720p then the highest quality it has access to is 720p. Disney+ is presumably exactly the same since many people have verified 720p being the maximum in a browser and Hulu is part of Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by tdfrgsn View Post
                          Except it CAN'T be streamed via browser at 1080p. I have tried telling you this multiple times but you either won't or can't accept it. You keep making the argument the it was 1080p in the past so they should be able to still do it. Hulu has been confirmed BY HULU to only stream at a maximum of 720p in a browser. That's a limitation they implemented. StreamFab uses a browser to access the video so if the highest quality stream a browser can stream is 720p then the highest quality it has access to is 720p. Disney+ is presumably exactly the same since many people have verified 720p being the maximum in a browser and Hulu is part of Disney.
                          Because I don't understand the intricacies of DRM on these streaming sites/apps I appreciate the discussion!

I never really questioned it when Disney+ changed to 720p in DRM Downlaoder/StreamFab, and just accepted and assumed that getting 720p video was a trade off in order to get faster downloading with up to 5.1 audio. And I had seen the 720p limit mentioned on Hulu's site.

But I wonder if the argument of Disney+ is based on the files DVDFab DRM Downloader OUTPUT as MP4's when it was first release. Back then it was a 1x watch while "downloading" with only 2 channel audio. But yes, those files are 1920p per MediaInfo.

For example... Here are the specs of a movie I downloaded From Disney+ using DRM Downlaoder the end of January...
                          Code:
                          codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                          Duration : 2 h 8 min
                          Source duration : 34 s 829 ms
                          Bit rate mode : Variable
                          Bit rate : 5 194 kb/s
                          Maximum bit rate : 5 500 kb/s
                          [B]Width : 1 920 pixels
                          Height : 1 080 pixels[/B]
                          Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                          Frame rate mode : Constant
                          Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
                          Now, that is the OUTPUT file. I do not know if the actual captured video, BEFORE they remuxed the audio with the video to make the MP4, was truly 1080p or not. But playback looks really good.

And of course I do not know (or understand) what, if any, changes were made to the Disney+ site, or Amazon for that matter (since it has been stuck at SD).

I do have stream/screen recording software that is supposed to work on Amazon, Disney+, Netflix, and others, and has been out long before DRM Downloader/StreamFab, and it could NEVER record higher than 720p with those services on my PC, even though it claims its capable of doing so, no matter how I configured it, or which browser I used (Chrome/Edge/Firefox). I doesn't matter if I use my Desktop (i9-10900K, GTX1660ti now RTX3060, 16 gig ram, Win10, LG 1080p monitor that supports HDCP, etc) or using my Surface Pro 4 i5 with Win 10, etc. So it doesn't surprise me if StreamFab can't do better than 720p with some services.
                          Last edited by KidJoe; 07-14-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

If I wasn't doing the all in one yearly payment, I'd have tried getting my money back.
                            I don't really care about hulu since I can't get passed that damn captcha bullshit but others are downloading in shit quality, I'd rather just pirate bay it instead. at least that way I can get actual HD or better.
                            This 720p limit bullshit makes this not worth buying separately at all.I'd rather get stereo sound and full HD from D+ than non HD crap with better audio.

Comment

As previously mentioned FRAME RATE does not impact if a video is 1080p or not. Its Frame Height and Width that do. And the BIT RATE also impacts the video quality. If you have a 1080p video with say 950kb/s bit rates, its going to look horrible even if its 1080p. With everything else (i.e. codec, frame height/width, color depth, scan type) being the same, higher bit rates will look better. IF the bit rate is variable, then a higher average bit rate looks better than lower.

Most of my downloads from Netflix ARE 1080p still, with reasonable bit rates. In my folder currently there are 18 movies, of which only 2 are not 1080p.

For example, downloaded a couple days ago...
                              Doom Annihilation 1080P
                              Code:
                              Codec ID : avc1
                              Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                              Duration : 1 h 36 min
                              Bit rate mode : Variable
                              Bit rate : 4 393 kb/s
                              Maximum bit rate : 20.0 Mb/s
                              [B]Width : 1 920 pixels
                              Height : 1 080 pixels[/B]
                              Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                              Frame rate mode : Constant