Will VUDU be added!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will VUDU be added!

This is a streaming site. With almost 10,000 movies and tv shows to watch for free with ads! It was around long before Netflix. I have also a huge collection of movies and tv shows that I have purchased and would like to back them up. It is very similar to plutotv, tubi, crackle, redbox, and imdbtv. Please add this!

Thanks for the feedback!
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Another request for VUDU

Comment

It's on the to-do list, no timetable at the moment though.

Comment

VUDU is a MUST HAVE! Best streaming movie/TV service by far. Please add it soon!

Comment

According to VUDU them selves, they don't use standard HD but something they call HDX that uses something called TruFilm, which is entirely exclusive to VUDU.
            So it sounds like that a special format is required in being able to play them as a physical mp4 or MKV file, even though H.264 has been used as codec, unless they add something to StreamFab that can turn it in to standard video that can be played with all types of media players.

The scenario could also be different:
            You are forced to do a complete recode (most likely forced to use DirectShow filters) to get a standard video with H.264 that can be played properly.
            This sorta thing i have run in to a couple of times in the past when downloading HD video at streaming sites using IDM, where the downloaded video turned out not to be using the standards.
            Last edited by Per K; 03-23-2022, 11:53 PM. Reason: Adding past experience

Comment

Vudu quality is decent but iTunes is far better. Much higher bit rate and better options for sound.

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
                Vudu quality is decent but iTunes is far better. Much higher bit rate and better options for sound.
                Yeah, shame they gave up on the Apple DRM Removal Tool.

Comment

ITunes purchases can be download to PC, not sure about Vudu purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill39014 View Post

Yeah, shame they gave up on the Apple DRM Removal Tool.
                    I don't think they "gave up" so much as they couldn't find a way. Neither could anyone else, at least I've seen many other similar products also stop working and not get fixed for newer iTunes.

That being said, the 1080p files I downloaded from iTunes to use with DVDFab DRM Remover had lower bit rates for video and AAC 2 channel audio or AC3 5.1 audio compared to Amazon and elsewhere using StreamFab that ha higher video bit rates and EAC3 5.1 audio with higher but rates.

it's just unfortunate that there are non-MoviesAnywhere titles on Vudu ad iTunes with no way to backup what you've purchased.

I too asked for Vudu in the Features and Suggestion thread a while back just for that reason. I have many Digital movie purchases in Vudu that I'd like to have.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                      I don't think they "gave up" so much as they couldn't find a way. Neither could anyone else, at least I've seen many other similar products also stop working and not get fixed for newer iTunes.

That being said, the 1080p files I downloaded from iTunes to use with DVDFab DRM Remover had lower bit rates for video and AAC 2 channel audio or AC3 5.1 audio compared to Amazon and elsewhere using StreamFab that ha higher video bit rates and EAC3 5.1 audio with higher but rates.

it's just unfortunate that there are non-MoviesAnywhere titles on Vudu ad iTunes with no way to backup what you've purchased.

I too asked for Vudu in the Features and Suggestion thread a while back just for that reason. I have many Digital movie purchases in Vudu that I'd like to have.

​​
                      have you tried a pc running itunes for downloading itunes purchases?

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post

have you tried a pc running itunes for downloading itunes purchases?
                        Yes. I used Itunes on Windows with it set as "Download Full-sized HD" and "Download High-Quality SD Videos". I would download to PC, then use DVDFab DRM Remover on them. (back when you could still use older versions of iTunes with DRM Remover which allowed it to worked. DVDFab DRM remover still works on audio, as well as videos that do NOT require the latest version of iTunes)

Audio on the iTunes movies were always 128kb/s 48kHz AAC-LC 2 channel and 384kb/s 48kHz AC-3 (DD) 6 Channel. While for Amazon I get up to 640kb/s 48kHz EAC-3 6 Channel, rarely stereo. Its not just the higher bit rates, but EAC3 is better than AC3 too.

Video bitrates on iTunes downloads were always between 4000 kb/s and 5000 kb/s. (a most were at/near 4500kb/s) AVC/H264.

For Amazon, the video bit rates do vary a lot depending on content. Add StreamFab can download from Amazon as H265, so while H265 can/will have lower bitrates, H265 is more efficent so it can use a lower bit rate, and save space, yet achieve the same and better video quality.

Compare Aquaman from iTunes (BEFORE running it through Fab DRM Remover, however after using DRM remover the specs were still the same)
                        First Video Stream: 5,091kb/s, 1920*1080 (16:9) at 23.976 FPS, AVC
                        First Audio: English, 160kb/s, 48 kHZ, 2 channels, AAC LC
                        Second Audio: English, 384 kb/s, AC-3 6 channel (Dolby Digital)

Aquaman from Amazon (using StreamFab)
                        First Video Stream: 5,622 kb/s, 1920*1080 (16:9), at 23.976 FPS, HEVC
                        First Audio: English, 640 kb/s, 48 kHz, 6 Channels, E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus)

in this case, the video bit rates of 5000 vs 5600 seems "close" but Amazon is using HEVC (iTunes is AVC which is H264) and still has a higher bit rate.

And as you can see the 6 channel audio is a lower bit rate and AC3 compared to the Amazon download.
                        Last edited by KidJoe; 03-26-2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X