No announcement yet.

StreamFab 6.0.0.3 not downloading DRM MPD files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to download from the UK My5 site for a long time. Even though downloads became possible a while back they were always SD but with the latest version downloads fail every single time on any programme

Comment

Originally posted by radiah View Post

I have what's called a Plex Pass ($5.29/month). Everything I have downloaded so far from Plex has been 1080, except in one or two circumstances where 720 was the max resolution offered anywhere (It does happen!). I do receive subtitles with Plex. Hope this helps you.
      While I was waiting for your response..... I went ahead and bought a month's Plex Pass..... I figured for $4.99 it wasn't much to lose even if I couldn't download anything.....

The problem is..... It sets up like any other download..... I'm seeing 1080p in the popup and there are subtitles showing that will download..... but when I click to begin the process and it starts to analyze..... after a period of time..... I'm getting a "failure to analyze" message..... and I have no idea as to why.....

I guess I'll need to report it in a post with a log file.....

Anyway..... Thanks for your response and info..... At least now I know PLEX is downloadable..... and if I'm reading the site correctly..... there are over 4500 titles available so I'm confident there will be many that I'll want.....

HANG ON!..... As I'm sitting here typing..... I just realized the purpose of this thread to begin with was to report that DRM MPD was failing in StreamFab 6.0.0.3..... so the fact that my attempt to download something using DRM MPD is failing is nothing more than me validating that I'm also having the same reported problem..... so it's not my problem..... it's a StreamFab problem.....

I'll still post a log file to support my resulting error..... but at least I don't have to go looking for something here on my end.
      Last edited by weavermovies; 11-21-2022, 09:49 PM.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

The MPD problem is known, the developer needs time to work it out, please wait, thanks.

Comment

@weavermovies​ - Plex still works fine for me with 6.0.0.3. Maybe it's your location or a VPN?

@Mona​ - Hope you're well. Please pass on to the developer that Vudu will not work as it still complains that the StreamFab browser is incompatible. Also https://ondemand.drafthouse.com/ (Alamo On-Demand) has the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by radiah View Post
            @weavermovies​ - Plex still works fine for me with 6.0.0.3. Maybe it's your location or a VPN?
            I'm in Northern Virginia using Verizon FIOS Gigabyte that performs flawlessly..... and I never ever use a VPN.....

Hell!..... I don't even use the queue to download..... I'm a one video at a time kind of guy..... and very rarely download television shows..... I like movies..... and usually older movies.....

As far as StreamFab goes..... I subscribe to the old adage..... "just because you can..... doesn't mean you should"..... and that philosophy keeps me from having the vast majority of the problems I see reported here on this forum..... but alas..... like with this DRM MPD problem now..... that's not a usage problem caused from an over extension of the software's limits coupled with VPN cloaking and God only knows what else..... it's something fundamental to the coding algorithm..... so I guess I'll just have to wait since Mona said..... "the developer needs time to work it out".....

I think I may have read that phrase here on this forum a time or two.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Man View Post
              I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some thoughts on how to work around this.

The latest version of StreamFab 6.0.0.3 doesn't seem to allow downloading of files from a particular source I have used in the past (running these as DRM MPD downloads).

I am seeing a message within StreamFab on the tab where we're browsing to the content to allow it to be analysed for downloading:

"We've detected that your browser version may not be able to play some of our video content. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version as soon as possible."

Additionally, in the bar across the top, the "Analysis Failed" can be clicked to reveal "Sorry, video analysis failed - this video is DRM protected".

I have the DRM MPD downloader purchased and licensed, and have used it previously.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated!
              Can you tell me what the show/episode is that you are trying to download?

I download some shows from 9Now with yt-dlp if they are not DRM Protected. I noticed that the Australian shows are not protected but some UK ones are (Like Love Island UK).
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I have the same symptoms downloading itv.com (I get the error "We've detected that your browser version may not be able to play some of our video content. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version as soon as possible."). This might be the same issue, or because ITV have recently redesigned their website - either way, it used to download OK, but now all I get is this error message for every download I've tried.

Comment

Same thing for me, will not download MPD files from www.AMC.com . Have not had any problems prior to 6.0.0.3, so now mine won't download from AMC nor ESPN+. How about getting this fixed?

Comment

Well that explains why i could not get it to work, because in an earlier topic it was said that Viaplay should work, but the MPD DRM would not activate.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post
                      Well that explains why i could not get it to work, because in an earlier topic it was said that Viaplay should work, but the MPD DRM would not activate.

Hmm, tried with 6.0.0.2 on Viaplay as well and that one does also not work. So obviously they guy who claimed that StreamFab should work there was lying.​

Comment

Regarding ITV and other websites for the UK - you should find that if you subscribe or download via Prime Video Channels rather than their own website you'll get better results. Britbox for example - 720 via their own website but 1080 via Prime Video

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          The MPD problem is known, the developer needs time to work it out, please wait, thanks.
                          Will that include being able to get 1080 from My5 ?

Comment

I've updated to 6.0.0.4 just now.

Unfortunately, DRM MPD still fails. I used the original and same item I reported not working in the original post.

A new log file is attached.

Many thanks for looking into this issue!

Attached Files

Comment

Still the same issue... metadata failed to analysis ! Mona, really? team doesn't fix any problem from mpd drm, just vip services, how many months or years need to wait? i have the feeling dvdfab don't own this software, it's the same than y2mate, same issue... i have the feeling dvdfab bought this software from another compagny and redistribute it... and it's why it's so long...

i got really frustrated right now..

Hello, when i download video from tou.tv, if the video description audio is avaiable it will be downloaded.. possible to choose language to have the audio without the video description? Thanks!

and this issue now...

Comment

Same thing with mubi.com & metrograph.com, fyi. (Did work now doesn't)

ALSO on MUBI the SF browser now prompts this message to display:
                                "Please update your browser by December 6th, to keep watching MUBI."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Streamfab-mubi_22-11-25.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	418149

Comment

Working...
                                X