No announcement yet.

StreamFab 6.0.0.3 not downloading DRM MPD files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What worries me a bit is that I don't think anything has changed about DRM encoding among the providers. For example, I can still download from a channel where I used to be able to download with another solution using that alternative application. It is only via Streamfab that it no longer works. I fear the programmer made a fatal mistake somewhere, ...

Comment

Originally posted by rdeweer View Post
      What worries me a bit is that I don't think anything has changed about DRM encoding among the providers.
      If that was the case, one could potentially uninstall, and reinstall a 5.X.X.X client, and it would work, yes?

Comment

I fear not. To be honest: I have already tried to go back to a version 5.x and this did not help (now it was not a clean install though). I think there is a part being processed on DVDFab's servers and maybe things are going wrong there.

A little feedback and communication from DVDFab would be welcome.

I myself have purchased Streamfab to save a few local DRM transmissions (www.vtmgo.be) offline and this worked very well. Until this summer suddenly this functionality came to an end (the broadcasts don't want to play anymore and aren't being analyzed -> it must be something with the built-in browser). but unfortunately we get no further than 'our programmer is going to have a look at it'. By now we are almost half a year further ...

Too bad ...​

Comment

Originally posted by rdeweer View Post
          I fear not. To be honest: I have already tried to go back to a version 5.x and this did not help (now it was not a clean install though). I think there is a part being processed on DVDFab's servers and maybe things are going wrong there.

A little feedback and communication from DVDFab would be welcome.
          Feedback was given by Mona (post #18) as noted that this was a known problem and needs time to be addressed/fixed.

Appears that this did not start happening with users until V6.0.0.3, so that is a starting point for them to see what changed. But since V6.0.0.0 was a totally reconstructed version of V5.X.X.X and different as suggested in how it works with DRM MPD's, don't think falling back to version 5 is possible once version 6 is installed. (Been here before, use caution with upgrades)
          Last edited by Down2Earth; 11-27-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I have a hypothesis on the rash of MPD DRM problems going on in the last two weeks. It is purely speculation and I have no way to prove it at this point. Time will prove me right or wrong. As I've mentioned previously in another message, Google is deprecating the Widevine CDM come December 6th. They released the new CDM to Chrome 107 on October 25th and then released the code to all other Chrome-based browsers on November 15th. As far as I have been able to research, Google has not placed an embargo on using the new CDM until December 6th. That is just the day that the old Wideviine CDM will no longer work. With the new CDM released to all the Google-approved Chrome-based browsers on November 15th (roughly two weeks ago) it could be possible that some of these smaller non-VIP MPD video streamers have already made the jump to the new CDM thinking that their user base should now have the means to use it if they are using the latest version of a Chrome-based browser. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              I have a hypothesis on the rash of MPD DRM problems going on in the last two weeks. It is purely speculation and I have no way to prove it at this point. Time will prove me right or wrong. As I've mentioned previously in another message, Google is deprecating the Widevine CDM come December 6th. They released the new CDM to Chrome 107 on October 25th and then released the code to all other Chrome-based browsers on November 15th. As far as I have been able to research, Google has not placed an embargo on using the new CDM until December 6th. That is just the day that the old Wideviine CDM will no longer work. With the new CDM released to all the Google-approved Chrome-based browsers on November 15th (roughly two weeks ago) it could be possible that some of these smaller non-VIP MPD video streamers have already made the jump to the new CDM thinking that their user base should now have the means to use it if they are using the latest version of a Chrome-based browser. Time will tell.
              I was thinking the same thing... I have been getting prompts by webapps that a new version is available and to click here to upgrade and reload (kinda like the WhatsApp webapp updates)

Happened with Sling.com and after that. i wasn't able to download the only show i use it for... Maybe i should try other shows and see...
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I was thinking the same thing... I have been getting prompts by webapps that a new version is available and to click here to upgrade and reload (kinda like the WhatsApp webapp updates)

Happened with Sling.com and after that. i wasn't able to download the only show i use it for... Maybe i should try other shows and see...
                Just fyi,

I had a few problems with shows in series I normally get off Dish (History Channel & others) not being able to download in last week and got a "your browser is not supported" message.

I don't get a lot from Dish and have enough stuff in queue that I'm working on to keep me busy.

I also didn't think it'd be much use to post it here with logs since it's a provider done thru StreamFab's generic app and I doubt the StreamFab programmers would give a good response to that specific issue or reconcile the problem.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, StreamFab 6.0.0.4, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro
                Last edited by Mike_M; 11-28-2022, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Just fyi,

I had a few problems with shows in series I normally get off Dish (History Channel & others) not being able to download in last week and got a "your browser is not supported" message.

I don't get a lot from Dish and have enough stuff in queue that I'm working on to keep me busy.

I also didn't think it'd be much use to post it here with logs since it's a provider done thru StreamFab's generic app and I doubt the StreamFab programmers would give a good response to that specific issue or reconcile the problem.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, StreamFab 6.0.0.4, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro
                  Ya same. Sling was already super annoying to grab things with StreamFab and then this happened. So i finally said fuck it and got myself a US Phone number, created a US Amazon account and bought the latest season of Life After Lockup. Once again proving that we "pirates" are not cheap ass thieves. We don't mind paying for shit if we can keep it and be able to play it on any device and with any player we want...
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Installed now version 6.0.0.7, but DRM MPD download is still not possible anymore. I used to use following sites:
                    The website dedicated to the greatest films of the 20th century selected and commented by directors from all over the world

and other similiar archive streaqming sides, but at none of them downloading is possible anymore. But it used to work until mid- November 22 !

When can we expect a fix ? I mean we all paid money for this function, which is mostly not working anymore ?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by AndiK View Post
                      Installed now version 6.0.0.7, but DRM MPD download is still not possible anymore.
                      Just to report in based on my original question in this thread, I also have updated to 6.0.0.7, and am also still not able to download DRM MPD files from the site I usually use.

If another log is required to assist in diagnosing, please let me know and I will post one ASAP.

Comment

The DRM MPD problem still needs time to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          The DRM MPD problem still needs time to work out.
                          Thank you for the update Mona

Comment

Now, with 6.1.0.2 DRM MPD download is working again! Great!! Thank you very much!!

Comment

Originally posted by AndiK View Post
                              Now, with 6.1.0.2 DRM MPD download is working again! Great!! Thank you very much!!
                              Where? Still fails when it comes to the nordic Viaplay service and ditto on SkyShowtime.​

Comment

Also fails on Bibel.tv

Comment

Working...
                                X