Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still no fix for downloads from Amazon Prime not able to play on Sony Blu Ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no fix for downloads from Amazon Prime not able to play on Sony Blu Ray player

I reported a problem with BritBox (through Prime) and Prime downloads not playing on Sony Blu Ray players with Blu Rays created with StreamFab back in January. I created a ticket and have been conversing with Rain. I still have not seen a fix and have requested a refund. Has anyone else had this problem?

Are you able to play the videos that StreamFab downloads on a regular video player such VLC, MPC-HC, PotPlayer, etc.?

Comment

Cats4U: Yes i can play Amazon Prime StreamFab downloads on VLC, but i purchased it so that I could burn the downloads to Blu Ray that I could burn them to blank Blu Rays that I could play on my blu ray player, as StreamFab advertises on their website. I use Sony blu ray players, which I would consider to be the standard.​​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	StreamFab Advertisement 6.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	425635..​

Comment

Yes, I understand what you are trying to do. I'm just trying to figure out the source of your problem. Are you able to take a video file from any other source than StreamFab and using Bluray Creator create a working Blu-ray? On the surface, without knowing all the facts and details as well as any logs or error messages you might have given Rain, I'm leaning more towards your problem lying with Blu-ray Creator rather than StreamFab. I see from the Blu-ray Creator forum that Mona has sent your issue to the developer. Hopefully she'll get back to you with a solution.
          One last question - Have you tried to use a different brand of BD-R? It's been years since I've worked with optical storage but it was always a challenge to find the right disk brand to work with your drive. Once you found it, you never strayed from it.
          Last edited by Cats4U; 05-22-2023, 11:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by paulblain View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	StreamFab Advertisement 6.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	425635..​
            see the video on this page - https://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-creato...ckid=headmenu2

Comment

Cats4U & october262: Appreciate your responses. Yes I have used Blu Ray Creator for years to create Blu Rays using videos from sources other than StreamFab with excellent results. I use Verbatim 25 GB BD-Rs, which have never given me any problems using Blu Ray Creator. I feel that the problem lies with a combination of the format of the Amazon Prime downloads and how Blu Ray Creator deals with that format to create Blu Ray ISOs.

Mona and Rain have both said that they have passed my issue to the developers. I have given Rain lots of information about my problem but he will not tell me if they have been able to recreate my problem or if they have any solutions. I get told to be patient, wait for the developers to get back to him or to try the newest release, which never have solved any of my problems I first reported the problems 3 1/2 months ago and still have no hint of a solution. I feel I am being delayed in the hope that I will give up. Maybe lighting a fire on the Forums will prompt some action. (Or get my posts removed.) Just trying to see if any one else has had the same problems. Surely someone else has.

Comment

Cats4U & october262: Appreciate your responses. Yes I have used Blu Ray Creator for years to create Blu Rays using videos from sources other than StreamFab with excellent results. I use Verbatim 25 GB BD-Rs, which have never given me any problems using Blu Ray Creator. I feel that the problem lies with a combination of the format of the Amazon Prime downloads and how Blu Ray Creator deals with that format to create Blu Ray ISOs.

Mona and Rain have both said that they have passed my issue to the developers. I have given Rain lots of information about my problem but he will not tell me if they have been able to recreate my problem or if they have any solutions. I get told to be patient, wait for the developers to get back to him or to try the newest release, which never have solved any of my problems I first reported the problems 3 1/2 months ago and still have no hint of a solution. I feel I am being delayed in the hope that I will give up. Maybe lighting a fire on the Forums will prompt some action. (Or get my posts removed.) Just trying to see if any one else has had the same problems. Surely someone else has.
                what issues are you having ?? do the discs not play ?? are you burning your discs at 4x speed and using imgburn ?

Comment

The Blu Rays will just not start playing. It seems to try to load the menu but will just sit there with a black screen for 10 minutes or more, but never starts. If there is no menu (like a concert video) the player quickly reverts to the home screen. I am burning my discs at 4X speed using ImgBurn. The discs will play on a friend's Sony UBP-X800, although menu reading time is very slow; I don't think I should have to buy a very expensive UHD player to play these downloads.

Comment

Sounds like you have an issue with blue ray creator. It isn't a streamfab issue.

Comment

Sounds like you are trying to drag and drop the MP4 or MKV files to a disc and play them from your player. That is considered "user created media" and is likely not supported by your player, or you need to convert it first.

The other way is you need to actually master a blu-ray from the files.

Or, get a media player that supports the files. Not necessarily saying get an Nvidia Shield or such, there are other players that might do the job.

Comment

That may well be, however there is an issue with the company's software not being able to accomplish what it advertises it can do. And I cannot seem to be able to get anyone to pay attention and really try to fix it. I just seem to be getting delay tactics and not even attempts to address the issue. That's why I have asked for my money back.

Comment

MrKrawk, I am not trying to drag and drop files to a disc. I am using Blu Ray Creator, adding files in the prescribed manner, as I have successfully used it for years with files from other sources. I am trying to master a blu ray from the files using Blu Ray Creator. I want to burn the files to Blu Rays that I can play on a Sony blu ray player, as advertised by the company on it's website.

Comment

MrKrawk, I am not trying to drag and drop files to a disc. I am using Blu Ray Creator, adding files in the prescribed manner, as I have successfully used it for years with files from other sources. I am trying to master a blu ray from the files using Blu Ray Creator. I want to burn the files to Blu Rays that I can play on a Sony blu ray player, as advertised by the company on it's website.
                            1st - check to see if your Blu-Ray player has the latest firmware update.
                            also go into common settings - av codec - disable all gpu codecs for encoding and decoding
                            restart dvdfab and retry using creator again.

Comment

Does your Sony Blu-Ray player have a USB port?

If it does, you could look up your model and see what video formats it will play. If it doesn't support your video file, then you can convert it to a supporting format and put it on a USB Flash Drive to watch it. Then you wouldn't have to bother with burning to disc and save yourself the hassle and money.

You can also do the same if your TV has a USB slot. Install a video player app and play it from your TV.

Lots of other options to try unless you HAVE to play it from a disc.

Comment

Working...
                              X