This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
    The other main issue is financial. Between the totally outrageous price for StreamFab you've got the ass-backwards policy of promising Lifetime All-In-One and it just being one big lie. If they were located anywhere but in China they would be brought up on charges by their host country for fraud. I'd be a little worried if I was one of their affiliates.
    . . . More to follow. Got to go now.
    I had to buy a second lifetime license for the other guys' disc program. I know we can call it a technicality, it changed names, well, sort of. But their price was always fair, even for getting a new license.

Good point from KidJoe on the Watch list of each provider. But as far as speed, I have not noticed any negligible difference between the two, could be my location and connection.

Another positive: when all the providers update their DRM, Streamfab usually is faster to the punch, except of course implementing Max.

Regarding 1080p clarification, why won't a show like Elena of Avalor Season 3 download in 1080 but something much newer, Encanto at Hollywood Bowl does. Regardless of the source of this bonus feature though, who cares? You still have to implement the process and produce files on your hard drive, a posting somewhere with a list of keys is absolutely useless to the laymen. One would hope they add more keys as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

I had to buy a second lifetime license for the other guys' disc program. I know we can call it a technicality, it changed names, well, sort of. But their price was always fair, even for getting a new license.
      That was one major factor in my choosing StreamFab over the competitor. For anyone not familiar with this they can get a summary of the competitor's sleezy history on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedFox and much more complete articles all over the Internet. Little did I know at the time that StreamFab had their own sleeziness going on with regards to their "Lifetime All-In-One" plan.

Comment

Well I Don't Know the Competitor you guys are talking about !!!

BUT Fab has their Programs out there UNDER Different Names !!!!!!

SO Be Careful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          I may be wrong but they have a very big German following, they have a German sub-forum that looks very busy. Plus the fact that Austrians and other countries over there use the German providers a lot. Of course, I do not know this for a fact, but it makes sense.
          I can understand the pressure they are receiving from the German community but so was there great pressure from Peacock fans. That didn't stop the stalling of the inclusion of Peacock until they found a loophole around their own policy by this talk of a consortium. I've got to be honest that I had no idea what consortium he was talking about. I really don't follow streamer news outside my own country. A quick check on Google seems to show that Peacock is now available as of January in limited Europian countries on Sky and NOW. Still, that means you would have to go through those services to get it, meaning using Sky (WOW?) and NOW logins. To get Peacock directly using its own login and its DRM keys you'd still have to use a VPN and connect to the US. So, it seems they had the ability to give the people Peacock all along but stalled it because of their policy until a loophole came along. Now, it seems they just don't care and will add streamers as they see fit. I see them trying to monetize the extra streamers sometimes in the future by creating another level of lifetime all-you-can-eat resulting in great outrage again by the users.

Comment

I am sure it was a financial decision but also a confidence one. They know they are good at adapting to the DRM changes and they probably have a threshold where they see a certain amount of new sales and when it dipped below said threshold, they pulled the trigger on adding new downloaders. Furthermore, all these streamers probably share the same type of DRM protection so they feel it's a good risk to take.

I also wouldn't put it past them to just declare something uncrackable if it ever came to a point they can no longer adjust to the DRM changes. If WOW stops working, they can just say it's uncrackable and proof is the competitor doesn't even offer it.

If nobody else was doing Max, StreamFab could pull off saying 720p is best that can be done. It's already the case for AppleTV+ @ 480p. We are savvy users who know all about torrents and newsgroups so we can clearly see that it is possible to get 1080p and 4K for AppleTV+

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	471
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	429298
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I have lifetime licenses for both. Each has their unique benefits and drawbacks. My MAIN issue is with SF I have to buy a SECOND license to use on my windows machine. The Mac version, which when I purchased a Mac was my daily driver, is awful. Rarely updated and always laggy. Doesn’t have the DRM MPD module, etc. I paid a pretty steep price for my original license and that just miffs me to need to do it again for Windows. The competition allows any platform. Yes, they were originally Windows only, but recently released Mac and it works just as well if not better than Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                That is the only reason I started with FAB products to be honest. When that all went down, I purchased Passkey... and later DVDFab 10, and some of the modules like DRM Remover for iOS, Enlarger AI, Cinavia Remover, etc.

So it took a lot to overcome that license invalidation for me to trust them to by their stream downloader. BUT with SF not having 1080p HBOMax and theirs having 1080p HBOMax that quickly, I took the chance because 1080p HBOMax was that important to me.

Little did I know at the time that StreamFab had their own sleeziness going on with regards to their "Lifetime All-In-One" plan.
                ​They do the same thing with DVDFAB. The DVDFab all-in-one had been the same, you get what was available at the time of purchase. Its not just a StreamFab thing,.. its a FAB thing... I had upgraded to DVDFab AIO a while back and as I look at my DVDFab 12 now, I see "Complete your AIO" for $69 for 6 new products.... (oddly only 4 on on my license list in the app with status of "Buy with discount"... 4K Recorder Copy, 4K Recorder Ripper, Blu-Ray to UHD, Smoother AI, so I'm not sure how they come up with 6 )

That being said... Yes, when DVDFAB Downloader came out, they did make it seem that you would get ALL NEW modules as they are released in the future if you purchased the DVDFab Downloader. So that was miss leading. Thankfully they grandfathered early purchasers, and although I don't get the "adult" type download modules for free, and I don't really care about those, I do get the others on the VIP tab for free.
                Last edited by KidJoe; 08-18-2023, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post

This thread just keeps getting more interesting.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

This thread just keeps getting more interesting.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	357
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	429311

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

They do the same thing with DVDFAB. The DVDFab all-in-one had been the same, you get what was available at the time of purchase. Its not just a StreamFab thing,.. its a FAB thing...
                      Yeah, I didn't know that at the time I first purchased StreamFab. I had only purchased DVD Passkey before that. I only learned of StreamFab's ludicrous Lifetime AIO lies when they came out with a new module after my initial purchase of it. That's when I went through the fine print and found out I was snookered.

Comment

MakeMKV, a practically free program (many of us paid the $$ by the way) is also implemented under a few sleazy names (without Mike's permission).

Comment

If you couldn't figure it out with what I wrote in message # 17 then you just aren't paying attention.

And I also covered this at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...265#post429265 and for more info on the affiliate program they provide it all out in the open on their website at https://www.dvdfab.cn/webmaster.htm. I fail to see what you have to be careful about other than no forums on the affiliates website and Support only through email to a company with little or no contact information other than that email address. But you MIGHT find a better price for StreamFab (under a different name) if you compare all the various pricing models.

Comment

If you couldn't figure it out with what I wrote in message # 17 then you just aren't paying attention.

And I also covered this at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...265#post429265 and for more info on the affiliate program they provide it all out in the open on their website at https://www.dvdfab.cn/webmaster.htm. I fail to see what you have to be careful about other than no forums on the affiliates website and Support only through email to a company with little or no contact information other than that email address. But you MIGHT find a better price for StreamFab (under a different name) if you compare all the various pricing models.
                            IF CleverGate is the Competitor-----How is that ???/

If it's Connected to FAB-----it's the same Company ??????

Comment

You definitely aren't paying attention.

Comment

You definitely aren't paying attention.
                                I have to hand it to you Cats4U, you have a lot more patience than I do.
                                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                                X