No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.3.6 APV: H264 Profile Defaults to CBR When Downloading H265 CVBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.3.6 APV: H264 Profile Defaults to CBR When Downloading H265 CVBR

When downloading TV Shows in H265, there are some times where an episode is not available in H265 so StreamFab will download it in H264. No issue there. Annoyance is with the Amazon content handlers i guess.

The issue is that, when the files are downloaded in H264, they are always in CBR when i selected H265 CVBR. I understand that H265 CVBR is not available but H264 CVBR is.

So StreamFab should always respect the bitrate mode (or Bitrate Adaption, whatever that means...) and download in CVBR, no matter what codec is available, if that is what was selected.

Log: https://paste.bbtools.ca/?784a5f31b9a3dfe2#juMSccPoSdHKZUy3uVLhPYhSFuzHiq58 DGjgcorcNfC​

Bug Tracker Link: https://bugs.bbtools.ca/view.php?id=11
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

There are also other issues with Amazon, I was trying to download something with 55 episodes ( But only 25 are available on Stream Fab) , this is also evident on almost every title with more than 25 episodes. Tribunal Justice Season 1 has 55 episodes on Freebee, only 25 are downloadable, maybe you can add that to the fix-it list jpp72.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tribual Justice Season 1 55 episodes.png
Views:	372
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	429480

Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      There are also other issues with Amazon, I was trying to download something with 55 episodes ( But only 25 are available on Stream Fab) , this is also evident on almost every title with more than 25 episodes. Tribunal Justice Season 1 has 55 episodes on Freebee, only 25 are downloadable, maybe you can add that to the fix-it list jpp72.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tribual Justice Season 1 55 episodes.png Views:	1 Size:	142.8 KB ID:	429480
      try copying the URL from your regular browser and paste it into streamfabs browser.
      this URL - https://www.amazon.com/Obstruction-of-Justice-Between-Friends/dp/B0BZ6RXRDZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1K9YZQOUUGT6Z&keywords=Tribunal+Ju stice&qid=1692731480&s=instant-video&sprefix=tribunal+justice%2Cinstant-video%2C153&sr=1-1 shows all 55 episodes, but if you paste it into streamfabs browser, it stops at 25 episodess and you have to click show more to see the
      rest of the episodes.
      Last edited by october262; 08-22-2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try copying the URL from your regular browser and paste it into streamfabs browser.
        this URL - https://www.amazon.com/Obstruction-of-Justice-Between-Friends/dp/B0BZ6RXRDZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1K9YZQOUUGT6Z&keywords=Tribunal+Ju stice&qid=1692731480&s=instant-video&sprefix=tribunal+justice%2Cinstant-video%2C153&sr=1-1 shows all 55 episodes, but if you paste it into streamfabs browser, it stops at 25 episodess and you have to click show more to see the
        rest of the episodes.
        That's not gonna work. I tried force showing all episodes and nothing. I tried setting the next episode to watch as episode 50, still nothing, i tried force analyzing episode 45, zilch.

Comment

So can this go on your new ​ which I think is excellent jpp72?
          Last edited by Chameleon; 08-22-2023, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

That's not gonna work. I tried force showing all episodes and nothing. I tried setting the next episode to watch as episode 50, still nothing, i tried force analyzing episode 45, zilch.
            The Compertior already fixed it in their latest release, I dont need this anymore. Thank you jpp72 for all your help , you are an amazing fellow.

Comment

The Compertior already fixed it in their latest release, I dont need this anymore. Thank you jpp72 for all your help , you are an amazing fellow.
              Ya i had an emergency yesterday and couldn't add it but i will do it today. It still needs to be fixed in StreamFab cause there are plenty of shows with more than 25 episodes

Comment

Thank you jpp72 for all your help , you are an amazing fellow.
                Issue has been created: https://bugs.bbtools.ca/view.php?id=12

Thanks for the kind words

Comment

I am going to keep track of what they fix on your bug tracker. Things like not having 1080p on Max are not a bug, it's just purposely ignoring something that should, in all honesty, be included. They advertise it, so it should be available. There are many other instances of this here. I could go on and on, but I do not think it would help. Maybe your bug tracker will show what the real issues are to the potential customer, and just how long they have been an issue.

Comment

When downloading TV Shows in H265, there are some times where an episode is not available in H265 so StreamFab will download it in H264. No issue there. Annoyance is with the Amazon content handlers i guess.

The issue is that, when the files are downloaded in H264, they are always in CBR when i selected H265 CVBR. I understand that H265 CVBR is not available but H264 CVBR is.

So StreamFab should always respect the bitrate mode (or Bitrate Adaption, whatever that means...) and download in CVBR, no matter what codec is available, if that is what was selected.

Log: https://paste.bbtools.ca/?784a5f31b9a3dfe2#juMSccPoSdHKZUy3uVLhPYhSFuzHiq58 DGjgcorcNfC​

Bug Tracker Link: https://bugs.bbtools.ca/view.php?id=11
                    I really like the "Steps To Reproduce" idea in the bug tracker, thanks jpp72.

About the log, I cannot download it, it asks for a pw.

Comment

The Amazon 25 max problem is known, it's been worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I really like the "Steps To Reproduce" idea in the bug tracker, thanks jpp72.

About the log, I cannot download it, it asks for a pw.
                        It's bizzare... I don't know why the link has the extra characters at the end...

This is the actual link: H264 CBR when H265 CVBR Selected

Comment

It's bizzare... I don't know why the link has the extra characters at the end...
                          Probably the same issue when I tried downloading one of your videos before you posted a new link here, lol.

Comment

This is the actual link: H264 CBR when H265 CVBR Selected
                            Thanks, the QA team could duplicate the problem, it's now waiting for the developers to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X