No announcement yet.

Peacock: Endless Analyzing Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!, thank you for such a thorough report. I think the key is that you get asked the 2FA and that it is right at the beginning of the login. I thought that you were going to write that the 2FA happened when you chose a video. It sounds like you have purposely told Xfinity to perform 2FA for you. Is that true? If so, do you remember where you turned that on on your Xfinity account? In the meantime I'll try to find it myself in my account. This 2FA thing is interesting to me because it appears that Xfinity has added some additional Adobe security checks at https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ at exactly the same time as the Peacock problem started. I found that using the F12 Developer tools on Chrome but I obviously can't do that with StreamFab's QCEF browser. I need to do some more experimenting and hopefully the developer is able to find something rewarding in the new logs I sent in. If at all possible, could you send in your StreamFab.log and QEF.log from a Peacock session to the developers for comparison sake? Just zip them together and add them as an attachment here on this forum to Mona or Wilson.Wang. Thank you.

And now just a general bitch - The world has gone 2FA crazy and it is driving me nuts. Both my bank and pharmacy have recently started using 2FA and it has screwed up my getting on to their sites. I can't get into my bank without entering 2FA despite my having turned it off. No one at the bank can figure out why. As for my pharmacy, it is a similar case but far more complicated. I'll spare everyone the details. That, and the bulk of articles that I've read lately proclaiming that 2FA is no better than using a random long password at every site (which I do), I've really come to hate 2FA and "passwordless" signin.

Comment

Nobe32,

No luck with the 2FA. In fact I think another 2FA disaster has started. I started off adding "Extra Security" to Peacock which seems to just protect changing your settings. It does not ask you for a 2FA code at login as it did for you. I turned it off. Thinking maybe it wasn't Peacock 2FA but Xfinity 2FA, I turned that on. Tried the Peacock login and I still didn't get it. I went to turn it off and that's when the disaster started. I went through the sequence of giving my password 5 times and then entering the code they sent me via text 5 times and it just wanted to repeat again. I'll try again later. It's starting to seem like when these companies get you to sign up for 2FA they just don't want to let you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Nobe32,
        That's interesting and might be a clue. I, also, get Peacock Premium free (as a reward, they say) with my cable package. I am not asked for a 2FA when using Peacock; I just give my email address and password when first logging it. When is it that they ask for the 2FA? At login time or when you have chosen a series or movie you want to watch/download?
        I might have a lot more questions for you in the future after I think this through a bit more. Some will probably be about your access to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/.
        Peacock is also working OK for me, but I subscribe independently of Xfinity/Comcast, which is my cable provider. The only weird thing I did notice is that with 6.1.4.7. it took an unusually long time to load, and then an unusally long time after signin to open. That little spectrum-dotted caterpillar had to do a lot of gymnastics before I could get anywhere.

And agreed, I also loathe 2FA! Verizon can't sign me in half the time because their system keeps fouling up.

Comment

I did notice is that with 6.1.4.7. it took an unusually long time to load, and then an unusally long time after signin to open.
          About how long is unusually long? I'm used to, with the download analysis, having the green line go across the window 15-16 times (roughly 1 minute) before it kicks in with Peacock. With the 3 dot "caterpillar" (like that ) it's too hard to count. Maybe I'm giving up to soon? I'll just let it go and see what happens.

And agreed, I also loathe 2FA!
          I just filed my first complaint about it at Xfinity. I'm now stuck in an endless loop of giving my password followed by them sending a one-time code via text and me filling it in on their website when I try to turn it OFF. Wash, rinse, repeat, mainly repeat.

Comment

About how long is unusually long? I'm used to, with the download analysis, having the green line go across the window 15-16 times (roughly 1 minute) before it kicks in with Peacock. With the 3 dot "caterpillar" (like that ) it's too hard to count. Maybe I'm giving up to soon? I'll just let it go and see what happens.
            LOL, glad you like that. It lasted about about a minute - long enough for me to SS the situation in case it crashed or the caterpillar gave up on gymnanstics and spun a cocoon or some damn thing. FINALLY the sign-in appeared, followed by about 30-45 seconds of more undulation before the "who's loggin in" Peacock account holder icon appeared. I closed it out and reopened, and now the sign-in pops right up, so who knows at this point.

I just filed my first complaint about it at Xfinity. I'm now stuck in an endless loop of giving my password followed by them sending a one-time code via text and me filling it in on their website when I try to turn it OFF. Wash, rinse, repeat, mainly repeat.
            Xfinity will make you lose your mind, and I'm pretty sure they're doing it deliberately.
            A few months ago I had a sort of similar situation, with Verizon sending me text after text to authorize access to my account that - went absolutely nowhere. Luckily I got ahold of a rep who had the exact same result trying to access his account, so that was fun. It probably got fixed a lot faster since he experienced it firsthand. Plus, I reminded him that people who can't access their accounts also can't pay their bills, so neener. (We really need a schadenfreud emoji.)
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-27-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Justin, you're in Australia and using a VPN or a proxy. It's looking more and more like it could be related to it only happening to users on the Comcast/Xfinity ISP located in the US. Thank you for commenting though.
              Nope...USA and subscribe directly to Peacock. I waited so long my caterpillar evolved and flew away....everything is endless analyzing.

Comment

Xfinity will make you lose your mind, and I'm pretty sure they're doing it deliberately.
                I totally agree. I figured out how to get it to allow me to turn off the 2FA. Like my problem with watching any Live shows on https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ I had to put my browser into Incognito mode and I was able to get beyond the repeating password/2FA requests to turn off the 2FA. If only StreamFab had an Incognito mode, it might fix the non-stop caterpillar. Who knows?
                Last edited by Cats4U; 10-27-2023, 07:07 PM. Reason: Typo - OFF instead of OF

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Nope...USA and subscribe directly to Peacock. I waited so long my caterpillar evolved and flew away....everything is endless analyzing.
                  I was referring to Justin in message # 22. So, you are a Justin, too?

Comment

I subscribe directly through peacock and everything works fine

Comment

If at all possible, could you send in your StreamFab.log and QEF.log from a Peacock session to the developers for comparison sake? Just zip them together and add them as an attachment here on this forum to Mona or Wilson.Wang. Thank you.
                      Cats4U sorry to here of all your login problems.
                      I think I'm a little confused now. I thought you were able to login and choose a video but it just wouldn't analyze and get to the Selection popup.
                      I won't be able to share my logs for a few days, busy with work.

I had a thought about your login issues. Is it possible to have different logins for Xfinity and Peacock? I did this with a MAX profile for my granddaughter, as I did not want her having full access to my Xfinity account. You maybe able to create a Peacock profile to use with SF only. With separate login credentials.

Comment

I also can't get past Analyzing the Video. I am a Comcast/Xfinity customer but I subscribed to Peacock independently not through Comcast. I first noticed the issue on 10/20. I have reported it & done all the troubleshooting steps including deleting everything & doing a clean install of Streamfab. Nothing has worked. I can find the movie or show I want to download , but when I click on it I see the page for 1 second then it goes away & I just see a black page & the Analyzing the video popup. I waited a hour to see it It would go past Analyzing, never got past that. Using the direct url to the video didn't help either

Comment

I think I'm a little confused now. I thought you were able to login and choose a video but it just wouldn't analyze and get to the Selection popup.
                          No, you've got it right. I just took it to another level when you said that you had 2FA turned on and after you entered it you could get past the endless analysis and do the download. I tried that by turning 2FA on and going through the motions. Unlike you, it didn't work. Then the worst part was that I couldn't turn off 2FA (which I hate). I finally got 2FA turned off by going into Incognito mode on my regular browser and was able to throw the switch to OFF. Very strange. So, I'm back to just the original basic problem of endless analysis after choosing a video.

Comment

Originally posted by DawnB View Post
                            I also can't get past Analyzing the Video. I am a Comcast/Xfinity customer but I subscribed to Peacock independently not through Comcast. I first noticed the issue on 10/20. I have reported it & done all the troubleshooting steps including deleting everything & doing a clean install of Streamfab. Nothing has worked. I can find the movie or show I want to download , but when I click on it I see the page for 1 second then it goes away & I just see a black page & the Analyzing the video popup. I waited a hour to see it It would go past Analyzing, never got past that. Using the direct url to the video didn't help either
                            You described the problem perfectly. You waited an hour? You are really a trooper; I only lasted 5 minutes and gave up.
                            Well, it's out of our hands and hopefully the developer can make some sense out of it and get it fixed. I'm really getting bitched at by my wife because she can't watch her downloaded Days Of Our Lives in the way she prefers.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                              I subscribe directly through peacock and everything works fine
                              I have a feeling that they are using Xfinity ISP users as unaware Beta testers (aka Guinea pigs) with this. The rest of the Peacock subscribers will get it later. Probably the same is going to happen to Sky subscribers as some are experiencing similar problems now. Peacock and Sky are both owned by NBCUniversal (aka Comcast). Xfinity is another Comcast company and their cable TV streaming service would not let you access it unless you turned off your ad blocker. In my case, on my Chromebook, it would not let me in with or without ad blocker. I had to go into Incognito mode in order to get in. All three problem started at what seems like the same time. Digging into some of the log files, all three services are listed together and so it appears, to me anyway, that Comcast is trying to unify all their holdings into one program or similar programs.

Comment

I have a feeling that they are using Xfinity ISP users as unaware Beta testers (aka Guinea pigs) with this.
                                This is so baffling - DawnB subscribes to Peacock independent of Xfinity, as do I, yet they're subjected to endless, fruitless, analysis - and I'm not. So even if you cancelled out of Peacock through Xfinity and started a separate account, there's no guarantee you'd be able to add anything to your download queue. Make it make sense, someone!

Comment

Working...
                                X