Peacock: Endless Analyzing Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

StreamFab will install the Widevine files default in next version.

And for the problem that the files are deleted automatically, the dev also found a way, but need a few time, I may will post a test version at tomorrow for testing the problem.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson,

I am hopeful that they use the latest version, 4.10.2710.0 for the next version. As I wrote, based on everything I read, the developer needs to register the particular Widevine .dll to make it stick. I don't see why it would disappear if it weren't registered. One favor I would ask is for you to find out exactly what the developer did to fix the problem so that I can see how close I was.
      One thing I did not mention this last disappearance was that besides the files placed under %userprofile%/AppData/Local/CEF by both CEF.7z or CDMCats.zip I also went back to my first solution I tried before you even released CEF.7z. That was to add a 4.10.2710.0 folder to C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\cdm\widevinecdm. All previous 4.10.xxxx.x folders are removed. Within 4.10.2710.0 is placed manifest.json and windvinecdm.dll. This matches the way that other browsers, such as Chrome and Edge, have it. I am hoping that having 4.10.2710.0 listed in both places will have a positive effect despite not having registered the 4.10.2710.00 .dll. So far I'm on the second day without a disappearance.

No need to release a test version if you feel it is working well because today would be the normal release date for a new version anyway.

Comment

Wilson.Wang,

One thing I did not mention this last disappearance was that besides the files placed under %userprofile%/AppData/Local/CEF by both CEF.7z or CDMCats.zip I also went back to my first solution I tried before you even released CEF.7z. That was to add a 4.10.2710.0 folder to C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\cdm\widevinecdm. All previous 4.10.xxxx.x folders are removed. Within 4.10.2710.0 is placed manifest.json and windvinecdm.dll. This matches the way that other browsers, such as Chrome and Edge, have it. I am hoping that having 4.10.2710.0 listed in both places will have a positive effect despite not having registered the 4.10.2710.00 .dll. So far I'm on the second day without a disappearance.
        That didn't work either. It disappeared sometime during the second day of the test. There is nothing more I can do now than install 6.1.4.9 and hope the developer got it right. I'll keep you informed.

Comment

Just installed 6.1.4.9. So the developer when back to Widevine 4.10.2557.0. WHY!? Why do they have such a major adversion to using up-to-date versions. There are some major parts of StreamFab that are two or more years out-of-date. Everytime I read of someone having a subtitle problem or missing audio or some other such thing I wonder if it is because you are using MKVMerge from MKVToolNix version 68 rather than the latest version 80. Version 68 is a year and a half old and version 80 has many fixes (including security fixes) and improvements over it.
          I just don't get it.
          Back to Widevine - it looks like you abandoned the User folder for the Programs folder. You already had a cdm folder that contained a widevinecdm folder but you moved the CEF that you had in your CEF.7z over to a new folder at C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab. I don't understand why we need a new CEF folder in the StreamFab folder when we had only the cdm folder before and it worked. The Changelog for 6.1.4.9 says that you are going to test Widevine now at install and start, so it looks like we are stuck with it. No mention of registering the .dll so it's possible that if someone keeps StreamFab running for more than two days Widevine might disappear again. And finally, why didn't you use 4.10.2710.0????
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-10 1.41.54 AM.png
Views:	295
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	432782

Last edited by Cats4U; 11-10-2023, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X