No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.5.1: English Subtitle Selection for Non-en-US + More Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix StreamFab v6.1.5.1: English Subtitle Selection for Non-en-US + More Bugs

Bug #1:

So when analyzing a title that has English subtitles from a non-US region, they do not get automatically selected.

The settings only offer selecting English (United States) for some reason instead of just English. It should allow us to just select English like it does French. For French, it works fine and will select fr-FR or fr-CA. For English, it will not auto-select en-GB. Only en-US.

Settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	983
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	433383

Views:	415
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	433384

As you can see, none of the English subtitles are being selected. They are en-GB.

Bug #2:

Notice on the image above that there are 2 English tracks named the same. This happens with a lot of Netflix movies or shows. In a browser, there is only 1 regular English subtitles​ and 1 CC:

Views:	417
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	433385

I usually just uncheck one of them but if you keep them checked, you still only get 1 of the duped ones. Not 2. Just a minor annoyance but still a "bug".

Bug #3​:

The Original Audio (Netflix Only) should be moved to the Netflix specific settings. Right now, because it is for ALL modules, if you only choose that setting, then StreamFab cannot select the English Audio in other modules with multiple languages, ie. Amazon:

Views:	405
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	433386

For it to work with Amazon, i have to select English and Original Audio but then in the Netflix module, that would select the Swedish and English audio tracks, and that defeats the purpose of the Original Audio setting.

This is my first bug report as a Moderator. I will send it to my contact and see what happens. This is the litmus test. I am a developer too so i know this is very trivial to fix.

Let's see if we really have a louder voice now with me on board...

Jack
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Bug #2

Its not only english
    Other languages that are preselected are also affected.

But the problem has been there for 1-2 months.

Reporting does not help anyway. I have given up.​
    Last edited by Brozilla; 11-24-2023, 09:37 PM.
    You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
      Bug #2

Its not only english
      Other languages that are preselected are also affected.

But the problem has been there for 1-2 months.

Reporting does not help anyway. I have given up.​
      Yes i have noticed it for French and English but weirdly enough, never for Romanian. Those are the only 3 subtitle languages i download.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
        Bug #1:

This is my first bug report as a Moderator. I will send it to my contact and see what happens. This is the litmus test. I am a developer too so i know this is very trivial to fix.

Let's see if we really have a louder voice now with me on board...

Jack
        Well, i am very happy to report that the developers have responded and 2 out of the 3 bugs will be fixed very soon while the 3rd one will be addressed in the Netflix refactoring.

Bug #1 will be fixed in the upcoming version while bug #2 is aimed at being fixed in the following version.

I must say that my contact has been very accommodating and has kept her promise of having an open line of communication. This is a great start.

Comment

Streamfab 6.1.5.2

VIP-Services -> Pre-select Subtitle: none

Name:	streamfab_no_subs.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	433543

Pre-Selected subs after analysing (Netflix Germany): all

Name:	streamfab_all_subs.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	433544

That's not really better for me..​

Comment

subtitles still doubled
            Click image for larger version  Name:	kDgsxRB.png Views:	1 Size:	12.1 KB ID:	433547

and yes, stripped sdh english and the normal english is the exactly the same
            Last edited by Brozilla; 11-30-2023, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• jpp72
              jpp72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Please provide the title you are experiencing issues with. In my tests, the stripped SDH is not the same as the regular one.

ok i checked it again and apparently they really are 2 different subtitles in the same language. for some reason.
            im sry for my fail
            Last edited by Brozilla; 12-01-2023, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• jpp72
              jpp72 commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries!
          Working...
          X