License Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows License Question

Several months back, we bought a lifetime license for StreamFab: Prime Video. But Amazon will be addin' ads to their content, in a couple weeks. We don't want to pay extra to remove them and are just tired of Amazon, in general. So, we're goin' to be cancellin' our Prime account, altogether. So, what can we do w/ this soon-to-be-useless SF? Can we get a refund? Give it away? Or transfer it to a different stream service (e.g. Netflix)?

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We will check it when it's released.

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
      Several months back, we bought a lifetime license for StreamFab: Prime Video. But Amazon will be addin' ads to their content, in a couple weeks. We don't want to pay extra to remove them and are just tired of Amazon, in general. So, we're goin' to be cancellin' our Prime account, altogether. So, what can we do w/ this soon-to-be-useless SF? Can we get a refund? Give it away? Or transfer it to a different stream service (e.g. Netflix)?
      i believe streamfab already removes the ADS from amazon prime.
      see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/amazon-downloa...ckid=headmenu2

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

i believe streamfab already removes the ADS from amazon prime.
        see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/amazon-downloa...ckid=headmenu2
        Yes, any of their current content that is free with ads from Freevee does not include ads when I download them. Or from any other service that I can download with SF that usually contains ads. So, I highly doubt that will change once Amazon goes to with ads for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
          It do support to remove ads. you do not need to pay more. If your purchase is within 30 days, you can contact the customer service through ticket to switch your downloader.

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Doesn't StreamFab remove all commercials as part of the download process?..... I've always thought that was one of their biggest selling points.....

To be honest..... I select the "ads free option" for any paid streaming service to which I subscribe.....

However..... whenever I use free sites..... which there are a few..... those sites have ads embedded but if I download a video file through StreamFab..... I've never seen any commercials in the end result.....

So either I'm just plain lucky..... or StreamFab has been operating as I have expected..... with respect to commercial editing..... since I first became a user.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
              Doesn't StreamFab remove all commercials as part of the download process?..... I've always thought that was one of their biggest selling points.....

To be honest..... I select the "ads free option" for any paid streaming service to which I subscribe.....

However..... whenever I use free sites..... which there are a few..... those sites have ads embedded but if I download a video file through StreamFab..... I've never seen any commercials in the end result.....

So either I'm just plain lucky..... or StreamFab has been operating as I have expected..... with respect to commercial editing..... since I first became a user.
              You are correct. Most sites have 2 different manifests for the content and the ads and StreamFab will download the content only. Some have both in the same but the ads can still be filtered while others can't. The later is very rare. I think i have encountered it twice before... Probably WEtv...
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

In https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...738-amazon-ads, Wilson.Wang, wrote
                We will check it when it's released.
                I would consider this "wait and see" approach to be the official StreamFab policy on this Amazon change. Sure, SF has always been able to handle ads in the past including the various add-ons that Amazon offers, but you can't tell what might happen in the future. There is always the possibility that Amazon might get tricky and come up with a method that heretofore StreamFab has not dealt with before. So, everything should be just fine, business as usual, but you never know. Let's just wait and see.

Comment

OK yeah, the change is supposed to start on the 29th, so we'll stand by.

Comment

Working...
                  X