StreamFab for Windows Amazon Downloads Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon StreamFab for Windows Amazon Downloads Failing

I've been having download issues with Amazon for about a week now.

StreamFab Version, Platform, and OS:
    v6.1.6.0, Win x64, Windows 11 Pro all updates applied.
    Region/Country: USA (No VPN)

There is more text detail after the screen shots.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	105.5 KB ID:	435604

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	435605​​

​​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	435606

​​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	435607

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	435608

I've been at 6.1.6.0 since 1/20/2024 13:12 PM.
    I've been having this issue since before I went to version 6.1.6.0.
    I was at version 6.1.5.8 since 1/9/24.
    Yesterday, I did a complete uninstall and then did a clean install of 6.1.6.0.

The behaviors exhibited below just started around 1/16/24.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    Restarted Modem, Router and Computer.
    Cleared cache and temp files.

Added Sister Boniface Mysteries S3 E1 Christmas Special from Amazon to Download queue. (This is Britbox via Amazon).

The Episode keeps failing when trying to download.
    Have tried this at least a dozen times today, with no luck.
    I captured the log from my last clean attempt. [ATTACH]n435610[/ATTACH]

Also see screen captures above.

I've been having this issue off and on for about a week or so now, also with other TV and Movie titles. Sometimes I'll get 2 or 3 in a row that download with no issue, then others that fail but I can restart them in the download queue and then they finally download after a few tries, Others that no matter how many times I try (like Sister Boniface) that don't ever succeed. Examples, was able to download Inherit the Wind and To Kill a Mockingbird movies this morning with no problem except the missing SRT file for To Kill a Mocking Bird, which I did a Subtitle only download and got it. I was also able to download Father Brown S11 E1 and E2 yesterday with no issues.

Log is attached for the Sister Boniface issue I reported above.
    I don't really know how to read the log, but it looked to me as though it thinks it succeeded, which it did not (see screen shots of Failure and empty output directory.

If you want one that is purely Amazon, without the BritBox, try "Tracker (2002)" (one with Adrian Paul) Season 1 (22 episodes). Sorry, no log for this example, as I did it yesterday,but when I tried to download the entire season at least half the episodes failed. However, after numerous retrys, Iwas finally able to get them all. Also, on this one Iwas missing .SRT files for several episodes. I then did a Subtitles only download for those, and those kept failing also, but eventually succeeded with retrys.

All the above play fine in the Edge browser.​

Not having this issue with Peacock, Disney, or Netflix.

Hope this helps to figure it out.

Log for above.
    Attached Files

Comment

First off, thank you for providing all this info. It would be so awesome if everyone followed your example.

The fact that it works with retries is what is stumping me.

My troubleshooting steps would be:
      • Check that i have enough free space on the drive containing the StreamFab temp folder
      • Try downloading 1080p instead of 720p
      • Try downloading in H265 instead of H264
      • Try all this again while StreamFab is running in Administrator mode
      Just grasping at straws here but we need to find the exact scenario that is repeatable if a dev is to work on it.

BTW i just did all episodes of Tracker in 480p H265 and everything downloaded correctly, including subtitles, the very first time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1674
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	435621

Only issue is StreamFab says it's 360p when it actually is 480p.

This seems to be on your end but we need to understand the root cause.
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Jpp72,

Thanks for the list of things to try, my responses in red.
        • Check that i have enough free space on the drive containing the StreamFab temp folder Over 1TB free
        • Try downloading 1080p instead of 720p Did not try this one, but tried Sister Boniface one again this morning with settings shown previously and it downloaded.
        • Try downloading in H265 instead of H264 Did not try this one, but tried Sister Boniface one again this morning with settings shown previously and it downloaded.
        • Try all this again while StreamFab is running in Administrator mode I always install and run StreamFab in admin mode.
        ​However, I did notice that I got this error trying to logon to Amazon inside of StreamFab (VIP - Amazon)

Failed to load URL https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront with error ERR_CONNECTION_RESET (-101).​
        I simply refreshed the page and it went away.
        Problem occurred

And yesterday, I got the following message both inside StreamFab Amazon and in my Edge Browser window.
        The video player didn't load correctly. Please try opening the video again. If the problem continues, please contact Amazon Customer Service and refer to error 7131.​

Again I just did a page refresh and it went away and shows would play fine in Edge browser and Analyze properly in Streamfab.

I googled those messages, but it wasn't much help.

If you have any insight on these or seen them before and know a possible solution, please let me know (Thanks).

So today, I loaded Tracker, the one you were successful with, but only picked Subtitles Only in the Mode dropdown.
        Cleared the log and click the download button on the Season 1 tab.

These failed:

Views:	1782
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	435657

Views:	1632
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	435658

And these succeded:

Views:	1634
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	435659

Also, I noticed this in the log (attached) but again I'm not an expert at reading these logs. [ATTACH]n435661[/ATTACH]
        There seems to be a connection error message in the log also, so wondering if you know what that mean, or have any suggestions on how to mitigate it, maybe its my culprit, but I don't know.

Views:	1589
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	435660

I did shut down the modem, router and computer, switched the ethernet cable to different port on the router, restarted all and retried the Tracker Subtitles only with similar results, so no joy.

Also wanted to mention not getting any errors on any other services (Disney, Peacock, etc.) in StreamFab, nor getting any error messages in Edge when I go to all the many sites I typically visit everyday.

Any ideas you have on this are welcome and if I could ask a favor, could you do the Subtitle Only download of Tracker and let me know how that works for you. I've done these in the past and they were usually lightning fast (a minute or so to do 22 eps), but this one took over 15 mins, maybe because of the errors.

Thanks.

Comment

Here's the Log, Not sure why they don't attach the first time.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry to butt into an issue that Jack (jpp72) is handling, but you might want to run either a ping test to the CDN that Amazon is using or even better a traceroute (tracert). If you don't know how, I (or Jack) will help you. That will show if there is any communication problem between the two of you.

Comment

Cats4U,

Thanks for your reply. I'm okay with you trying to help and hope Jack is also. I tried to do the traceroute you mentioned but don't know if I'm doing it right.

I used the command:
              tracert www.amazon.com

I don't know how to interpret the results. I've posted them here so perhaps you or Jack and see and interpret/comment. I don't know if those time outs are normal or not.

Tracing route to d3ag4hukkh62yn.cloudfront.net [2600:9000:25f3:de00:7:49a5:5fd3:b641]
              over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 2603-6010-3b00-ebbf-2e30-33ff-fe48-0fde.res6.spectrum.com [2603:6010:3b00:ebbf:2e30:33ff:fe48:fde]
              2 10 ms 9 ms 8 ms 2603-90c5-0004-01c3-0000-0000-0000-0001.inf6.spectrum.com [2603:90c5:4:1c3::1]
              3 11 ms 17 ms 18 ms lag-60.shrnpaaq02h.netops.charter.com [2605:a000:0:4::2:1203]
              4 * * * Request timed out.
              5 * * * Request timed out.
              6 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms lag-1-100.rpr01clmcohwh.netops.charter.com [2605:a000:0:4::2:971]
              7 15 ms 16 ms 15 ms 2620:107:4008:d13::1
              8 * * * Request timed out.
              9 * * * Request timed out.
              10 * * * Request timed out.
              11 * * * Request timed out.
              12 * * * Request timed out.
              13 17 ms 17 ms 14 ms 2600:9000:25f3:de00:7:49a5:5fd3:b641

Trace complete.​

Thank you.

Comment

I am getting something similar,

StreamFab.log
                Log file attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting same error. Amazon pops up a notice behind the Streamfab analyzing window that says something about needing a later version. Can't read the whole message mostly hidden behind the Streamfab window.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon Fail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	435757

Click image for larger version  Name:	Amazon Fail 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	435758
                  Last edited by whb; 01-25-2024, 02:30 PM. Reason: Log file won't attach.

Comment

Originally posted by whb View Post
                    I'm getting same error. Amazon pops up a notice behind the Streamfab analyzing window that says something about needing a later version. Can't read the whole message mostly hidden behind the Streamfab window.

Click image for larger version Name:	Amazon Fail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	435757

Click image for larger version Name:	Amazon Fail 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	435758
                    This Error Message is because Chrome CDM 2557 is revoked.

The Devs must fix this.

Comment

We are now in 2024. It is time to end support for Windows 7/8.

It can't be that old programs are being used under the hood, just that it still runs under Windows 7.​

Comment

Originally posted by KurtH3 View Post

So today, I loaded Tracker, the one you were successful with, but only picked Subtitles Only in the Mode dropdown.
                        Cleared the log and click the download button on the Season 1 tab.

These failed:

Views:	1782
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	435657

Views:	1632
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	435658

And these succeded:

Views:	1634
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	435659

Any ideas you have on this are welcome and if I could ask a favor, could you do the Subtitle Only download of Tracker and let me know how that works for you. I've done these in the past and they were usually lightning fast (a minute or so to do 22 eps), but this one took over 15 mins, maybe because of the errors.

Thanks
                        Yes there is definitely something wrong on your end. VPN, Firewall, AdBlocker or something else that could be interfering with your network connection.

Can you go into your Windows tray and hover over the icons to see if anything running could be interfering?

In the meantime, you can use TamperMonkey or ViolentMonkey and install this script to download the subtitles from Amazon inside your browser.
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I tried to do the traceroute you mentioned but don't know if I'm doing it right.

I used the command:
                          tracert www.amazon.com
                          ​
                          You did the traceroute correctly but used the wrong address. Normally you would use the CDN from where your Amazon streaming comes from. I got it from your SteamFab.log. It appears to be "ABEZPDMAAAAAAAAMI37ZCOOMYBTLJ.shard-6.pop-iad-2.cf.dash.row.aiv-cdn.net". You don't have to run it again. Even though there were a lot of missing hops later on, your close to home hops look good. Not all transport servers (routers) are accepting pings anymore for security reasons. You're not having latency issues. It's not the wires between you and Amazon.

Comment

Cats4U and Jack:
                            First of all thank you so much for taking time to try to help with this. It's bit maddening, so any info, feedback or suggestions are welcome.

Responses to Jack's suggestions:
                            VPN -- Do not use a VPN.

Firewall -- is there something specific I can look for here? I have changed nothing in the Firewall for over a year. If so, please advise what and how to look for this. Odd that all other web browsing functions normally, so not sure on this one, but willing to check out whatever you can point me to.

AdBlocker or something else that could be interfering with your network connection. -- Not using any additional ad blocker software other than what might already be in Edge? Do you have any Edge settings that are preferred for this and if so could you provide what they are and how you have them set?

Can you go into your Windows tray and hover over the icons to see if anything running could be interfering?
                            -- There is nothing in the system tray open. When I run StreamFab I make sure all other items in the tray are closed. Once StreamFab starts, I never run anything else, not Edge, or even opening folders, until after I exit StreamFab.

-- I do have antivirus software, but it has never caused issues before.

Thanks for the alternate method to pull subtitles. (I got them after numerous retries, but keep using this as a repeatable example of the problem.

Here is some additional info:
                            Just for grins and giggles, I did run the trace route with the CDN. I compared it to two others I'd run with just the amazon.com address and the results were very similar. So, this seems to mean there is no issue there.

I also tried changing router ports and ethernet cables, with no change with the failure problem.

Yesterday, before the DRM change kicked in, I did a complete uninstall of 6.1.6.0 and did a clean offline install of 6.1.4.4.
                            I always run all StreamFab installs as admin.

I ran the subtitles only pull for Season 1 of Tracker again. Only half of the 22 subtitles were downloaded the rest failed.
                            After clearing cache and logs, I then used the offline install to update to 6.1.6.0.

I ran the subtitles only pull for Season 1 of Tracker. Only about half of the 22 subtitles were downloaded the rest failed, although the episodes that succeeded/failed this time were not the same as the first test. I was able to get them all by repeatedly restarting the failed ones. Some would succeed on one retry, other took numerous (4 to 8) retries to succeed. So very strange.

Also, I remembered I had Streamfab on an laptop I have NOT been using for the past 3 months. I connected it to my network via ethernet cable and fired it up. After all the microsoft updates finished, I checked and the Streamfab on that device was sitting at version 6.1.4.4. That was the last most recent update before I shut it down and stuck it on a shelf some months ago.

I ran the Tracker S1 Subtitle Only test on it 3 times about 15 minutes apart. In all 3 tests, all 22 subtitles downloaded successfully the first time with no retries. The 22 episode subtitle only downloads took about 2 mins each, so very fast.

Cats4U and Jack:
                            Please let me know if you agree that all this testing and the trace routes seems to indicate that we can eliminate the modem, router and ethernet cables as a source of the problem, and that the issue is most likely with either the StreamFab software, or something on my Desktop. Since Jack's test seem to indicate he's not having issues with the 6.1.6.0 version of the software, then the most likely conclusion is that something is going on with my Desktop machine. Desktop machine is a high end Dell and is about 2 years old. Do you think a NIC could be going bad and causing this issue? I've never heard of NIC going bad, but I guess it's possible?

I have checked the StreamFam Qt5Core.dll and it is at the correct version (5.12.12.0) dated 1/18/24 (release date of 6.1.6.0).

If you know of anything else I can check or anything else that might be the cause, please advise. I'm at my wit's end trying to figure this out.

I realize that now, with the DRM change, I won't be able to retest with any of your suggestions until after that is fixed.

Thank you again for your patience and indulgence.

Comment

I don't know how Jack feels about this, but my opinion is that all testing for problems on ALL modules are a waste of time until this DRM change issue is resolved. It would be impossible to tell the difference between a common "garden variety" issue that gets reported to the forum every day and this colossal problem of the DRM change. I think we all need to sit back and be patient. This is not a StreamFab-caused problem. Google revoked a widely used CDM, probably at the request of streaming and media companies, and we are now in the position we are in. It affects us, our competitors, as well as the individuals that are technically savvy enough to manually download videos themselves. If spirituality is your thing, pray for the Developers to find a solution as soon as possible. We have been through this before (and will be through it again in the future), and they have always come through for us. Patience is the key.

Comment

Working...
                              X