Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New YouTube Movies error: "update your web browser and try again. Error code: 99,999"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Movies New YouTube Movies error: "update your web browser and try again. Error code: 99,999"

Trying to download this free to watch title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WTxRCdef2Y

It gives this result:

Click image for larger version  Name:	error.png Views:	18 Size:	92.2 KB ID:	435860

This error actually occurs outside of StreamFab, in a regular web browser as well.

This error is pretty new. I was only able to find this URL with some discussion about this error:

https://mstdn.social/@Linux_Is_Best/111750209336123949

I tried following the instruction in the message to update the browser. I downloaded the latest Google Chrome Portable, which at the time of this writing is 121.0.6167.86:

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google-chrome-portable-64

I ran it, put in the above YouTube URL, and sure enough, it played!

I did try the temporary CEF fix... it had no effect on this problem in StreamFab.

I also tried clearing the StreamFab temp folder... that also had no effect.

So, it appears that StreamFab needs to be updated in order to work with YouTube Movie titles that are giving this error.

Of course I am aware of the latest DRM updates that are affecting StreamFab. I'm not sure if this is related, so I know it may be some time before this can be fixed. :\
    Last edited by AllNight; 01-26-2024, 06:06 AM.

If I replace WidevineCdm in AppData\Local\CEF (version 4.10.2557.0) with the one from the latest Google Chrome 121.0.6167.86 (version 4.10.2710.0), then the video plays in StreamFab, but it still gives the above grey "Analysis Failed" error box.

So, it would appear that StreamFab needs to support WidevineCdm version 4.10.2710.0 in order to be able to download YouTube Movies now.

Looks like this is affecting several different VIP downloaders.
    Last edited by AllNight; 01-26-2024, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Do NOT try to replace the WidevineCDM yourself. It will not work!!

Hi all, To users who have issues with Skyshowtime/OnlyFans/Channel4/Peacock/Crackle, please try this temp solution. 1. Download the CEF file from the following link: https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/download/CEF.7z. 2. Extract the CEF file to the directory %userprofile%/AppData/Local/. and overwrite the

Comment

Heh, I know, just troubleshooting.

I ran the application updater to 6.1.6.1 and got the same "Error code: 99,999" error in the YouTube player in StreamFab. I noticed that the files in AppData\Local\CEF were the same after I ran the update. Widevine was still at version 4.10.2557.0. I double checked and StreamFab said it was at 6.1.6.1.

I didn't trust it and ran a complete uninstall, and manually went around and deleted leftover DVDFab directories, the AppData\Local\CEF directory, and DVDFab registry keys, so that I would be installing from scratch. I downloaded the full StreamFab 6.1.6.1 installer, and afterwards checked and found that the AppData\Local\CEF directory was in fact supposed to update, as now Widevine is at version 4.10.2710.0.

I don't know why the AppData\Local\CEF directory didn't update after running the StreamFab updater... I had replaced the AppData\Local\CEF directory with the one from the temporary CEF fix, so maybe that had something to do with it? Anyway, you might want to check to make sure users running the updater aren't left with old versions of Widevine! (This is why I personally prefer to always do a complete uninstall and reinstall of any software, and manually re-enter settings... it takes more time but helps avoid these kinds of things.)

It didn't fix the YouTube problem reported in the original post, and I didn't expect it to, given the top announcement in red text. But, StreamFab isn't consistent as it will fail in one of three ways:

1) Video plays in StreamFab, but gives grey "Analysis Failed" box shown in original post.

2) Video plays in StreamFab, gives white and orange "Analyzing video URL" box, which stays on screen and does nothing until the "Cancel" button is pressed.

2) Video starts to play in StreamFab but then StreamFab.exe crashes:

Code:
        Faulting application name: StreamFab64.exe, version: 6.1.6.1, time stamp: 0x65b320be
        Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
        Exception code: 0xc0000409
        Fault offset: 0x0000000000071208
        Faulting process id: 0x2434
        Faulting application start time: 0x01da50d59f311bb4
        Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe
        Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
        Report Id: 277f7467-7027-48ac-9770-612a9339bf7d
        Faulting package full name:
        Faulting package-relative application ID:​

Comment

May I ask a personal question? I'll ask it anyway. Do you know how to read?
          I wrote in the message right above yours...
          Do NOT try to replace the WidevineCDM yourself. It will not work!!
          I went through this back in early November and the experiment was a failure. In the message above, I gave a link to the message thread that covered the TEMPORARY fix. The last message says...
          Please, everybody, do not try replacing the WidevineCDM yourself. It will not work and could potentially interfere with any fix that StreamFab makes in the future. CDMCats.zip was an attempt to temporarily solve a problem at the time of its release. It will NOT solve anything now, and could possibly do much harm.
          What more do I need to write so that you fully understand this?

I downloaded the full StreamFab 6.1.6.1 installer, and afterward checked and found that the AppData\Local\CEF directory was in fact supposed to update, as now Widevine is at version 4.10.2710.0.
          I don't know why the AppData\Local\CEF directory didn't update after running the StreamFab updater... I had replaced the AppData\Local\CEF directory with the one from the temporary CEF fix, so maybe that had something to do with it? Anyway, you might want to check to make sure users running the updater aren't left with old versions of Widevine!​
          The reason why the updater didn't install 4.10.2710.0 was it was never intended to. The 6.1.6.1 update was being finalized at the very time when we were just hearing that there might be a DRM issue. There is already a mechanism installed within StreamFab to automatically update the CDM, if need be, when StreamFab is run. This goes back to the 6.1.4.9 update. Just installing 4.10.2710.0 is not going to fix the problem. The Developers need to break the key codes for each affected module. That is where the problem lies, not in the CDM. I am told that the Developers are working night and day, including this weekend, to get a handle on the situation. Please learn to have some patience and let the ones with the source code do the fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
            AppData\Local\CEF directory was in fact supposed to update, as now Widevine is at version 4.10.2710.0
            It didn't fix the YouTube problem reported in the original post
            The CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) is only used for playing in StreamFab
            it has nothing to do with getting keys for decrypt a downloaded video.

=> Why you will an analysis - if an encrypted video is not playable ??​

Video starts to play in StreamFab but then StreamFab.exe crashes
            Please note post #3 + #5 from Cats4U

---

On dailymotion is very pixelated: https://dai.ly/x8gio0k

or select s02e05 on https://archive.org/details/the-outer-limits-1995​

Comment

I'm not sure how you read that I replaced WidevineCDM myself (other than the second post which was just temporary experimenting).

I completely uninstalled StreamFab. The only thing that uses Chrome Framework on the machine is StreamFab, so that's the only thing that's using the AppData\Local\CEF directory. I simply deleted it when deleting all files, folders, and registry keys associated with StreamFab. When I then installed StreamFab by running streamfab_x64_6161.exe, I checked the AppData\Local\CEF directory after StreamFab 6.1.6.1 was installed and found that the StreamFab installer had installed WidevineCDM 4.10.2710.0.

I apologize for over-analyzing, I'm prone to it. Of course I can see that this is a big DRM update that will take time to fix.

Comment

I'm not sure how you read that I replaced WidevineCDM myself
                your post #1

I did try the temporary CEF fix... it had no effect on this problem in StreamFab.​

Comment

That was when I was messing with 6.1.6.0, which I uninstalled. So my install of 6.1.6.1 is from scratch and completely un-messed and un-tinkered with.

I would never mess with an application's files or folders in that way and then use the application normally and expect it to work properly.

Sorry if I caused anyone any frustration in what I can see is already a frustrating situation. Sounds like this is a pretty big deal, hopefully everything can eventually be fixed!

Comment

Me again - small addition:

If you have "Roku Channel Downloader" - this works currently in SF:

The Outer Limits (1995) s02e05 https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watc...d507ca2572aa8c

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Outer Limits_s02e05.jpg
Views:	1257
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	435923

if not bad quality - see post #6​

Comment

Thanks Germania, that helps but Roku downloads are poor quality (HD, but very low bit rate). That's why I was trying to get the YouTube DRM download.

Attaching log as per Cats4U instructions. Error code is 304.

StreamFab.log

Comment

Going by the StreamFab.log and specifically the 304 error code, this is not an obvious DRM change issue. It might still be because Google is the source of all these problems, but in this instance it probably is more likely that it is caused by all the extra security measures they added to YouTube in the last two months or so. Can't really do anything about it until the DRM change problem gets cleared up.
                        I've tried playing with downloading the video myself for the last hour and have gotten nowhere. Googled 304 error and tried the fixes, no luck. If it is still not working after the DRM problem is over, post again, and I'll get the Developers on it.

Comment

Understood, thanks very much for the time and attention, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Cats4U something that seams to be forgotten is that when something like this effects StreamFab it usually also effects PlayerFab and ExplorerFab as well...

Comment

Probably it does. Even MusicFab, maybe. Those aren't my departments. I wouldn't know how to spot a problem there, or what it would take to fix them. I've never used any of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X