This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Amazon 6.1.6.4 is still SD even with old movies

Click image for larger version  Name:	ssmile fab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	436586 Pathetic
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ssmile fab.jpg
Views:	2563
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	436588

Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

I tried Live Free or Die Hard (2007) which I purchased a while back... yup, 960x540.

I'll post logs later.

Comment

The good news: SF only offering, what we can dl (and without re-encoding)
      The bad news : No old content more in >540p

After inspecting i know: 6164 use only the SD mpd (for new and old content)
      so you can't see/select the real max resolution​

Comment

I dont even know why anyone would use this program in the state that it's in. No 1080p anyplace, no 4K anyplace. Who wants to download and add 540p to their media collection? Not me.

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-07 221014.png
Views:	1296
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	436611

6.1.6.1 I'm so relaxed

Comment

Lets me what it looks like when its done downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

6.1.6.1 I'm so relaxed
              Yeah, I downloaded the offline installer, I apparently didn't run it, and was on 6.1.6.2 and saw 1080p but didn't download... then I got pop-up noting I wasn't on the latest.

After installing 6.1.6.4 I get...

Name:	image.png
Views:	1239
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	436616

Comment

I was a bit confused by the release notes. "Download mode is back to normal" made me think it was safe to go 6164 and still get the older content at full rez, nope.
                I guess what this thread does tell us is they have worked through a first layer or two, so there is an end near. Progress being made!
                As a long time user, overall quality has gone UP. In the early days there were Netflix videos that were never 1080, that was later fixed to include 1080 on almost everything. Seeing Hulu go over 720 was something we were led to believe would not happen.
                I would LMAO if at some point these cat and mouse updates, that SF finds a way to see even the L1 stuff. No more cached keys on D+ for example, just straight 1080. (Never say never)

Comment

The release notes were indeed confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                    The release notes were indeed confusing.
                    I absolutely don't understand them. Also, Jack and I are NEVER given any information beforehand like we were promised. We are in the dark, just like the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                      I dont even know why anyone would use this program in the state that it's in. No 1080p anyplace, no 4K anyplace. Who wants to download and add 540p to their media collection? Not me.
                      There's a lot of content, sitcoms especially, produced on tape in the 70s, 80s, 90s that is inherently limited to SD resolution. There are other old programs made on film that have not yet been digitized at HD resolution. Amazon has 12 seasons of My Three Sons from the 60s that are well worth downloading. Presumably produced on film, but the show has never been released in HD. When 1080p downloading returns, check out The Absent-Minded Professor, Son of Flubber, and The Shaggy Dog (Disney movies that Fred MacMurray made while doing or just before doing My Three Sons.

Comment

Hi all,

For the movie "Smile", yes, 1080p should be also downloaded in 6164, but there is a problem for now.

I known the problem, I will post a new test version later.

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi all,

For the Amazon problem, please download the new test version from here.

Hi, For Amazon, the problem that the old videos can not be downloaded as 1080p is fixed in the new test version. In the new test version, it will do: - The old video still can be download as 1080p video quality, like the movie "Smile". - The newly released video can be only downloaded as 540p video quality due to

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-20240208-153730.png Views:	1 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	436657

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot-20240208-153705.png Views:	1 Size:	90.5 KB ID:	436658

File size : 10.6 GiB
                          Duration : 2 h 8 min
                          Overall bit rate mode : Variable
                          Overall bit rate : 11.8 Mb/s
                          Collection : Live Free or Die Hard
                          Track name : Live Free or Die Hard
                          Genre : Action;Adventure;Compelling;Intense
                          Description : HD. Super cop John McClane brings his old-school tactics into a battle against techno terrorists in this fourth 'Die Hard' film.
                          Recorded date : 2007
                          Writing application : Lavf60.3.100
                          Cover : Yes

Video
                          ID : 1
                          Format : AVC
                          Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                          Format profile : High@L4
                          Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
                          Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                          Format settings, Reference frames : 4 frames
                          Codec ID : avc1
                          Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                          Duration : 2 h 8 min
                          Bit rate : 11.1 Mb/s
                          Width : 1 920 pixels
                          Height : 800 pixels
                          Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
                          Frame rate mode : Constant
                          Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS​
                          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 02-08-2024, 07:57 AM.
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson,
                            You do realize that if everyone stayed with 6.1.6.1, they would have gotten the same results.

I didn't know what version of Smile you were talking about, but it didn't matter since they both downloaded 1080p with 6.1.6.1.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-08 6.10.36 AM.png
Views:	1108
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	436660

And if everyone stuck with 6.1.6.1 they wouldn't have had to deal with re-encoding and the 13000 error in 6.1.6.2. And then the 13000 error fix in 6.1.6.3, followed by old Amazon videos at 540p in 6.1.6.4., followed by this [TEST VERSION] which gives the same results as 6.1.6.1. And all this while you are wasting time working to get it to do what 6.1.6.1 already does and the DRM problem is not being fixed. I must say the users on this forum have, for the most part, been amazingly patient, but as I outlined to you back on January 25th, that will only hold up for so long. The users that hang out on the Reddit forum are already ready to riot. Users don't want bits and pieces and interim solution, they want the whole thing completely finished and back working like it was before Google pulled the plug on 2557.

Comment

I agree with Cats4U, just update the app when it's ready to use, release BETAs if you want, but not like official realeases, and don't go back and forth witth the app.

Keep with true WEB-DL and forget re-encodes and shit.. release betas, for people to test in from the forum and that's it, release the final version when you have the new chrome cdm

Comment

Working...
                              X