This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query The developer is stuck with the latest version

Recent updates have added 1080p encoding for amzn, which shows that the developer is stuck and has never had a solution. because if they had a solution they wouldn't need to include encoding.

What surprises me most is that the DRM problems at Amazon and Netflix were fixed very quickly last year and this time it's taken so long and there's still no solution in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
      What surprises me most is that the DRM problems at Amazon and Netflix were fixed very quickly last year and this time it's taken so long and there's still no solution in sight.
      I look at it the opposite way. With all the money Amazon and the other companies have, I find it surprising that they can't come up with a way to stop programs like StreamFab that can't be broken quickly. Though they seem to have done a better job of it this time.

Comment

That's just this program lagging, others have already figured out the issues with Amazon and are moving on to bigger and better things. This program needs better development.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The competitor's product still says on the homepage that they have problems with netflix. And, who knows, maybe they will also offer amazon the way StreamFab does...

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
            The competitor's product still says on the homepage that they have problems with netflix. And, who knows, maybe they will also offer amazon the way StreamFab does...
            streamfab has a large number of paying customers to use their services, so streamfab needs to make efforts to satisfy the needs of paying customers. As for what streamfab's competitors have done or are doing, we shouldn't care.

Comment

Right, but we can't be completely indifferent - although I would prefer an early solution. I'm just saying that it won't be any quicker elsewhere. That has sometimes been claimed.

Comment

I consider the best downloads you can get from Netflix at 960x540 as being broken and that has been since last year, sounds like you know that Amazon is broke as hell now with them also just as Streamfab, so I'm not sure what people are expecting and saying that other streaming sites has this thing figured out. Think post #3 up top in this thread said it best.

Comment

The competitor's product does not use encoding on Amazon. They cracked it a few weeks ago. I actually haven't used SF to download anything in the last couple of weeks because I only can use Paramount here.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

The competitor's product does not use encoding on Amazon. They cracked it a few weeks ago. I actually haven't used SF to download anything in the last couple of weeks because I only can use Paramount here.
                    Hi, maybe you can be a bit more specific: SF can still download a lot from Amazon in HD without re-encoding. Can your competitor download something in HD which SF needs re-encoding for? Please give an example content and also the downloaded file size in regard to the file size shown by SF download screen and whether H265 comes down as H265 or turns out to be H264?

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

I look at it the opposite way. With all the money Amazon and the other companies have, I find it surprising that they can't come up with a way to stop programs like StreamFab that can't be broken quickly. Though they seem to have done a better job of it this time.
                      All they got to do is adopt the encoding that Vudu uses. But then again, that might cause them too look at that method too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

Hi, maybe you can be a bit more specific: SF can still download a lot from Amazon in HD without re-encoding. Can your competitor download something in HD which SF needs re-encoding for? Please give an example content and also the downloaded file size in regard to the file size shown by SF download screen and whether H265 comes down as H265 or turns out to be H264?
                        They can download all the new releases from Amazon in 1080p without re encoding because they use PR for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

Oh, they don't give a damn. From all Amazon subscribers worldwide. How many subscribers use Streamfab to download something? I'm guessing no more than 1%. We are also paying subscribers. The pirates who spread things are a greater harm to them.

Comment

Posted by Air
                            They can download all the new releases from Amazon in 1080p without re encoding because they use PR for it.
                            What does " they use PR for it" mean? What pray tell is PR?
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

The second half of Hazben Hotel. H265 vs h264 depends on what it is available in. But I just downloaded mr and mrs smith 2024 in hevc no encoding. Encoding uses lots of cpu or gpu after the download, this does not.

Comment

Working...
                              X