This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

What does " they use PR for it" mean? What pray tell is PR?
    Play Ready maybe??

Comment

What does " they use PR for it" mean? What pray tell is PR?
      PlayReady.

Comment

Can stream, fab, crack, play ready? I don’t think so or else they wouldn’t have to re-encode. The developers here are so far behind. It’s pathetic
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

They really ought to invest some money into forum software, this software is so outdated it’s pathetic. It takes what seems like a year for a post to be seen. I realize that’s an exaggeration, but I think you will know what I mean

Comment

Funny thing is now I have to use a competitor's trial to download Netflix audio. While I spent money on streamfab lifetime all-in-one version.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDalibaba View Post
              Funny thing is now I have to use a competitor's trial to download Netflix audio. While I spent money on streamfab lifetime all-in-one version.
              Yeah, 30 download is their trial. I used mine up.

Comment

They really ought to invest some money into forum software, this software is so outdated it’s pathetic. It takes what seems like a year for a post to be seen. I realize that’s an exaggeration, but I think you will know what I mean
                It's been reported about the slow post. Actually, I'm kind of impressed with the forum software now that I've seen the other side of it. A lot of the problem seems to be that it hasn't been set up right. I already fixed a major screwup where users weren't being automatically promoted to a higher level, i.e.; new member, junior member, member, senior member. Jack has some great ideas on things he wants to fix up.
                As far as the slow posts, I ran all the maintenance scripts that are available from the forum program itself and it did nothing. It's probably going to need a Tech in China to kick the server. It probably wouldn't hurt to delete the thousands of old users that haven't visited the forum in five years, all the way back to 2009. I could do it, but I don't want to overstep my bounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Air View Post

PlayReady.
                  I still don't get it... PlayReady is a competitive DRM from Microsoft. Amazon as far as I know uses Widevine DRM which is not compatible with PlayReady ??? Or has that been changed

Comment

I was doing my usual Googling of a topic that comes up in passing, this time cracking a PlayReady key. According to this VideoHelp discussion, cracking PlayReady methods are not publicly available... https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...-playready-key

I also found an interesting educational paper for the technical-minded that goes over a method of cracking streaming videos. The PDF name lists 2010, but the document properties show it created in 2013. Either way, it is pretty old and who knows how applicable it is to today. I just appreciate seeing the thought that had to go into it. I wasn't able to find a Google listing anywhere for the program listed in the paper, and so I think it might not have ever been released to the public.

As far as I know, the Wang listed as an author of the paper is neither our Wilson.Wang or related to him.

Comment

I've found most often older Amazon titles that are "rent only" still come down 1080p (Atlantis: Milo's Return for example) but those older "included with prime" (such as Marlowe) that offer SD to HD purchase options are 480p only or they crash SF altogether (even after clean uninstall, folder and reg entries deleted and fresh install, already reported). Not a fan of re-encoding. 480p is still 480p with added "nearest neighbor best guess" pixels to increase resolution, not native 1080p and not always for the better. It will be nice to get back to utilizing the full potential of the lifetime license. Fixes in the past were always prompt so I'm guessing Amazon really stepped up their game (along with all the ads )
                      Attached Files
                      An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

So this is most likely a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway, Are they even close to getting passed the new DRM? I refuse to re-encode a video. I paid for this software to download not re-encode.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                          So this is most likely a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway, Are they even close to getting passed the new DRM? I refuse to re-encode a video. I paid for this software to download not re-encode.
                          We, the users, can't determine that. Maybe the mods can.

Its a good question, but what constitutes close? How do they determine it? I mean to me they've either cracked the DRM or they haven't. Its kind of like asking how "closer are you to finishing picking that lock?" I would think any "where xx% there" update would just be a guess that may not be accurate.
                          Last edited by KidJoe; 03-14-2024, 01:56 PM.

Comment

We, the users, can't determine that. Maybe the mods can.
                            I already wrote the latest that we have been told in another thread. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...076#post439076

Basically we, the mods, were told that the developer is having problems getting the regular download of Amazon with the new DRM to work. We are supposed to get a new status report on the Amazon fix tomorrow, Friday. Personally, I don't think we'll get a regular version update on Thursday or Friday this week. If we do, I doubt an Amazon fix will be part of it, and I give re-encoding a 70/30 chance that it is removed. Also mentioned was that Netflix would be the next streamer to be worked on. Jack and I feel that if StreamFab's prime competition can't fix Netflix in almost 2 months, we are screwed. I'll spare everyone here my usual rant about hiring new developers. If that doesn't come to pass, I suggest that everyone start thinking about finding alternate sources, whether it be the competition or torrenting/newsgroups. I've already switched almost all of my downloading back to torrenting. I think I only downloaded one video this past week via StreamFab. I have informed Management about this, so they are not in the dark about my feelings about the slowness of this fix. If everything is not back to normal by April 1st, I am going to unsubscribe from all the streamers that I pay for. I think it is ironic that the movie/TV studios force the streamers to change their DRM regularly and that is forcing me to be a full-out torrent pirate where I'm not going to pay anyone anything for their shows. It's a true story that I came over to StreamFab because I was feeling guilty about not paying anyone for what I took via torrenting. Paying streamers gave me a cleaner conscience. Not anymore. My conscience is clean and I have no guilt.

Comment

Well, there is a new version (6.1.6.9), but it is still not possible to download new Amazon videos.

Instead, minor, unimportant bugs have been fixed.

It would be better if the developers would put all their energy into fixing the DRM problems and not distract themselves with minor issues.

In the meantime, I have tried out the competitor for test purposes and you can actually download every new video from Amazon without any problems.

That shows me that there are apparently far better developers there who have solved the problem quickly.​

Comment

Once again, the Moderators have been left in the dark about 6.1.6.9. They released it at the very same time that I was writing that there probably wouldn't be a release this week.
                                Jack and I have told them over and over, concentrate on only fixing the DRM and nothing else. Now look at the crap we get. Can you tell whether they removed the re-encoding or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X