This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
    Cats4U I for one appreciate ALL the effort you've put in for the rest of us and on our behalf. Definitely way above and beyond! It also angers me how management obviously puts you and Jack in the middle with few to no concrete answers yet plenty of double-talk. They simply don't listen.

I've switched back to 6.1.6.7 to avoid the StreamFab.exe crashes and at worst it falls back to 480p (or on rare occasion 540p ). But at least it doesn't crash or fail and no re-encoding. I do keep in mind that I backed up all my DVDs, all 768 of them to MKV using DVDFab and all those are 480p. I never again had to touch the original discs.

Mods, feel free to split or delete as you see fit.

Did a little research. The results were interesting to say the least. Names have been altered for word filter reasons.

I have tested SF AND the competition as if I had never had any and all but two have cracked the DRM issues, and one is just plain suspicious. All are listed below including cons and if applicable pros. Movies tested were Road House 2024 (Included with Prime) and Criminal (Freevee). It is both pointless and a waste of precious time to test with much more.

I did this not just to educate myself but also for those like me frustrated to the point of strongly considering alternatives. Fair warning, most appear to be "buyer beware."

StreamFab - Fails DRM immediately (Win7 StreamFab.exe crashes) and shortly after (Win11 with "network errors"). Original developer gone? Advertised as 1080p download (no exceptions mentioned) yet doesn't deliver as promised. 3 video per service trial version marginally enough to evaluate usability and functionality.

EnnnnyStreeeem - Works as advertised but too dense to figure out credit card payments. NOT doing BTC. The BTC exchange sites have a much better chance of getting a pic of my bare ass than they are my driver's license. However the 21 day trial is more than adequate to determine usability and functionality.

TuuuuunePaaaaat, Kiiiigoooo, SaaaameMovieeee, TuuuuuuneBoooooto, MooooovPiiiiiilot all essentially the same software. Non-existent customer support, failed activation, registration fee theft, bogus 30 day guarantee. At least worked as advertised though, gotta give credit where credit is due. 6 minute trial limitation extremely restrictive for any real world evaluation.

FreeeeeGraaaabApppppp - Fails DRM immediately. Doesn't deliver as promised but it is cheap.

YYYY2Maaaaate - This one is VERY INTERESTING. Either it is a complete ripoff of SF or it is SF in a different dress and panties. Distributed via Switzerland. Crashes immediately after launch in Win7. Same DRM issues as SF in Win11. Sound familiar? 6.1.7.0 in disguise? No offline installer download. No previous versions either.

I did attempt to test Audials Movie but A) it uses Edge and B) does not support Win7.​

Audials is a screen recorder!

Comment

I suspect more than that. Several downloaded no faster than if I had watched the movie, others 2 to 3 times or more faster. I didn't take notes on them as after reading the many unfavorable reviews they were eliminated and no longer a consideration.

My mistake, StreamClient.exe crashes in Win7, not StreamFab.exe. Sorry for the confusion.
      Last edited by NewMelle; 04-08-2024, 01:05 AM.
      An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by Ninko View Post
        Cats4U Your one of the only ones that are trying to make sense of all this mess! I understand if you do decide to leave, but myself I'm hoping you decide to stay and continue your hard work!
        Too late. I resigned as Moderator. I also unsubscribed from all the streamers I pay for. I get both Peacock (through Comcast) and Amazon (through Prime) for free, but with StreamFab they are useless to me now until they figure out the DRM. I'm going torrenting from now on.
        Jack says he will stick around for, at least, a little while. But, he's a busy man, so I don't know how much you'll see him on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Too late. I resigned as Moderator. I also unsubscribed from all the streamers I pay for. I get both Peacock (through Comcast) and Amazon (through Prime) for free, but with StreamFab they are useless to me now until they figure out the DRM. I'm going torrenting from now on.
          Jack says he will stick around for, at least, a little while. But, he's a busy man, so I don't know how much you'll see him on the forum.
          Thank you for all your efforts here, and for bashing your head against the wall trying to make people who are bound and determined to run this thing off into a ditch see sense. I find the communications from your contacts that you've shared utterly baffling in their inability to grasp the actual issues - it's like their only focus is furiously polishing the brightwork on the Titanic as it sinks. One can only stand so much of this, and ultimately, some people simply can't be saved from their own folly.

At least we can take comfort in knowing this Dunning Kruger debacle is simply so f**king stupid that there's no way James Cameron will be making a movie about it.

Comment

Really sorry to see you go Cats4U - we'll miss you

Comment

A sad day indeed but quite understandable. It is apparent the cumulative IQ of the management falls well below 100 to allow things to progress to this point. You know the ship is doomed when one of it's best Captains disembarks for good. Fair travels Cats4U and thanks for all you've done!

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Too late. I resigned as Moderator.
                Sticking around as a contributor I hope?

Comment

I tested EnnnnyStreeeem as a trial version. Perfect with Amazon, HEVC video 1080p but Netflix only 960x540
                  Last edited by Willimoon; 04-08-2024, 03:42 PM.

Comment

They are still having issues with Netflix but they are VERY transparent about it in the banner at the top of every page.

Comment

Sorry to see you leave Cats4U, can't say as I blame you though. They may not see it currently but I think they will regret loosing you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninko View Post
                        Sorry to see you leave Cats4U, can't say as I blame you though. They may not see it currently but I think they will regret loosing you.
                        Man, who said he was leaving the forum...you guys are posting him as dead...he noted giving up the position as moderator and now he is a member again. He will probably not post in the same capacity as before but if things turn for the better which I doubt it would because I have seen this road before with these guys and that was with Signals and he was a company man that bailed. We can only hope that is not the case here, but Cat4U did right in bailing also, he never said never so give up the drama. I still see him as there but only if these clowns get their act together and don't follow and repeat history.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                          Cats4U I for one appreciate ALL the effort you've put in for the rest of us and on our behalf. Definitely way above and beyond! It also angers me how management obviously puts you and Jack in the middle with few to no concrete answers yet plenty of double-talk. They simply don't listen.

I've switched back to 6.1.6.7 to avoid the StreamFab.exe crashes and at worst it falls back to 480p (or on rare occasion 540p ). But at least it doesn't crash or fail and no re-encoding. I do keep in mind that I backed up all my DVDs, all 768 of them to MKV using DVDFab and all those are 480p. I never again had to touch the original discs.

Mods, feel free to split or delete as you see fit.

Did a little research. The results were interesting to say the least. Names have been altered for word filter reasons.

I have tested SF AND the competition as if I had never had any and all but two have cracked the DRM issues, and one is just plain suspicious. All are listed below including cons and if applicable pros. Movies tested were Road House 2024 (Included with Prime) and Criminal (Freevee). It is both pointless and a waste of precious time to test with much more.

I did this not just to educate myself but also for those like me frustrated to the point of strongly considering alternatives. Fair warning, most appear to be "buyer beware."

StreamFab - Fails DRM immediately (Win7 StreamFab.exe crashes) and shortly after (Win11 with "network errors"). Original developer gone? Advertised as 1080p download (no exceptions mentioned) yet doesn't deliver as promised. 3 video per service trial version marginally enough to evaluate usability and functionality.

EnnnnyStreeeem - Works as advertised but too dense to figure out credit card payments. NOT doing BTC. The BTC exchange sites have a much better chance of getting a pic of my bare ass than they are my driver's license. However the 21 day trial is more than adequate to determine usability and functionality.

TuuuuunePaaaaat, Kiiiigoooo, SaaaameMovieeee, TuuuuuuneBoooooto, MooooovPiiiiiilot all essentially the same software. Non-existent customer support, failed activation, registration fee theft, bogus 30 day guarantee. At least worked as advertised though, gotta give credit where credit is due. 6 minute trial limitation extremely restrictive for any real world evaluation.

FreeeeeGraaaabApppppp - Fails DRM immediately. Doesn't deliver as promised but it is cheap.

YYYY2Maaaaate - This one is VERY INTERESTING. Either it is a complete ripoff of SF or it is SF in a different dress and panties. Distributed via Switzerland. Crashes immediately after launch in Win7. Same DRM issues as SF in Win11. Sound familiar? 6.1.7.0 in disguise? No offline installer download. No previous versions either.

I did attempt to test Audials Movie but A) it uses Edge and B) does not support Win7.​
                          I assume that every software which can be found inside the files of here - http://deseks.club are run by DVDFab just under different names. For example check this files:- http://deseks.club/y2mate.air/2023-0...03-012020.json

You will see names as this inside that file contents:- flixpal,keepvid,y2mate,keepstreams,birdbirdfly,str eamgaga,flixdown,mystreamdownloader (There are more which is not listed here like BBFly, AmoyShare AnyVid, MyConverters)

Every single one of these are exact copies of StreamFab. You can just tell it by looking at the interface after downloading them and even by inspecting the API calls of those softwares.

Also in the .json file link I have mentioned above, you will be able to see that the same e-mail address - fangfang.yuan@goland.cn and some more are assigned with all these softwares.If you go to goland.cn which is the domain name of those mail addresses, you will see that dvdfab.cn is listed at the bottom footer of the page as the "Company product main website".

This is DVDFab's/StreamFab's business model. They basically rebrand their software and sell it under many many different names for more profit. They have to manage all these too. There are many shady things we do not know about DVDFab as a company!

Comment

Originally posted by VeiledCipher View Post

I assume that every software which can be found inside the files of here - http://deseks.club are run by DVDFab just under different names. For example check this files:- http://deseks.club/y2mate.air/2023-0...03-012020.json

You will see names as this inside that file contents:- flixpal,keepvid,y2mate,keepstreams,birdbirdfly,str eamgaga,flixdown,mystreamdownloader (There are more which is not listed here like BBFly, AmoyShare AnyVid, MyConverters)

Every single one of these are exact copies of StreamFab. You can just tell it by looking at the interface after downloading them and even by inspecting the API calls of those softwares.

Also in the .json file link I have mentioned above, you will be able to see that the same e-mail address - fangfang.yuan@goland.cn and some more are assigned with all these softwares.If you go to goland.cn which is the domain name of those mail addresses, you will see that dvdfab.cn is listed at the bottom footer of the page as the "Company product main website".

This is DVDFab's/StreamFab's business model. They basically rebrand their software and sell it under many many different names for more profit. They have to manage all these too. There are many shady things we do not know about DVDFab as a company!
                            OMG!!! I think moderators should pay attention to this by digging to the ground of this and confront them about this, if this is true. Cats4U jpp72

Comment

Originally posted by 1binary0 View Post

OMG!!! I think moderators should pay attention to this by digging to the ground of this and confront them about this, if this is true. Cats4U jpp72
                              1binary0 you post 1 post, and you post that? Don't you read? VeiledCipher lonely post is old news and has been said many times over and then you ask if it's true.....OMG! Cats4U is not a Mod anymore for reasons of just that, and you singled him out as being blinded by all of this, him and jpp72 knows a lot more than being said!

This thread has become so off topic and should be closed!!! Please!!!
                              Last edited by Down2Earth; 04-09-2024, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I am obviously sad to see Cats4U resign as a mod but i totally understand his reasons. I am very close to joining him but there are 2 things that are nagging at me so i need to stay and nag Wilson to fix/implement. If they are not fixed by the end of April, i am outta here too.

What are those things? The output template still hardcodes the Season folder no matter what you use as your template and i want to see a setting where we can choose the Netflix Android interface instead of the PC interface.
                                How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                                X