Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was length of DRM crack time for previous changes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query What was length of DRM crack time for previous changes ?

Can anyone with a long memory remember the longest time they took for a DRM crack apart from this time ? So for instance, has it taken many months before at some point ?

Last year it was 1 month.. Maybe the new one is already cracked and sf hasn't bought it yet.

Comment

Has AnyStream bought it? They still say on their website: "AnyStream is currently experiencing DRM issues, downloading with some streaming providers (Netflix) may not always work."
      Who else could have bought it?​

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
        Has AnyStream bought it? They still say on their website: "AnyStream is currently experiencing DRM issues, downloading with some streaming providers (Netflix) may not always work."
        Who else could have bought it?​
        The only issue over there is Netflix is in SD, all the other providers work fine.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

in SD is like does not work! What other providers are there where it works?

Comment

Going by very imperfect memory, I think it has taken between 2 weeks and 2 months. Tomorrow will be the 3-month "anniversary". This is definitely the longest instance.

Comment

This is definitely the longest. Back in May/June 2022, when the "long one" impacted HBOMax and pushed me to by the competitor, it was over 6 weeks where Fab hadn't fixed, so I bought the competitor. It was then a bit longer until FAB finally fixed theirs. I didn't clock it because I had the competitor to use by that point.

That was the longest I recall DRM being an impact.

JeffDavis is that the one you are referring to?

Comment

It's not reassuring, but it shows that others are also having problems with netflix at the moment: Cleverget can no longer download anything from netflix!

Comment

Probably. I don't have a good sense of when each DRM issue occurred. I started with StreamFab, then DVDFab Downloader, when it was released in March 2021. I remember having a subscription to HBOMax that I dropped when StreamFab stopped working with it. I'm as frustrated as everyone by this current outage, but I also take the long view. Once StreamFab fixes it (admittedly my confidence that they will fix it has diminished), we will all resume downloading as before and forget about the current troubles until we get hit by another DRM change.

Comment

Posted by Peter777
                    in SD it does not work
                    It works just fine on old and new releases, it is just in 540p. It works it's not broken. It just has a lower resolution than you would like.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

So much for the latest "update".
                      Tried to download 2 items from Amazon today - one predates the DRM change by a long way. As reported the download speed was quick but the item has been in the "processing" mode for about 15 minutes so far , much much longer than anything I've ever downloaded from Streamfab on any module.

The 007 documentary For Our Eyes Only completely failed although the competing program also came with the "digital rights" notice and failed also

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                        So much for the latest "update".
                        Tried to download 2 items from Amazon today - one predates the DRM change by a long way. As reported the download speed was quick but the item has been in the "processing" mode for about 15 minutes so far , much much longer than anything I've ever downloaded from Streamfab on any module.
                        Post processing and remuxing in the past was fairly quick, at the very worst several minutes. It is now re-encoding which increases post processing time exponentially. I had a test download of a 1 hour 54 minute movie take 44 minutes to process that in the past would have been a few minutes. I've tested a few 480p and even lower resolution downloads and even though re-encoding wasn't employed for low resolutions in the past some of these are now being re-encoded. These greatly increased post processing times are an unfortunate reality for the time being if one is still using SF until the real DRM issues are resolved.
                        An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

The programmes in question did download faster than before but the processing time was ridiculous however the competition couldn't even download them

Comment

I guess then the only option is to stick with SF and put up with the post processing.
                            An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                              The 007 documentary For Our Eyes Only completely failed although the competing program also came with the "digital rights" notice and failed also
                              Just out of curiosity after reading your post, I tried downloading the documentary 'For Our Eyes Only' myself using AnyStream and it successfully completed without any issues or "digital rights" notice. So for me, the competition continues to do exactly as it states it can do! WITHOUT RE-ENCODING BULLSHIT! Not sure why you experienced the failure with AnyStream when you tried? Might be worth giving it another go ...

Comment

Working...
                              X