Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was length of DRM crack time for previous changes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AnyStream downloaded that film perfectly, with no re-encoding and it was done in 7 minutes and played perfectly. I think phelings may be mistaken, maybe he is new to the AnyStream, or his computer is broken. AnyStream doesn't give DRM notices unless you use the wrong download button.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I have had one Widevine DRM popup when first connecting to Amazon but it went away almost immediately and worked flawlessly so I'm thinking all the browser components hadn't loaded yet. Other than that I have had zero issues since. I've used the crap out of it in the last month and a half. Not a single issue. Grabbed two series and bought two movies the last several days. Not a single hiccup. AND, the series were in 640 EAC3 5.1.
      An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Do I presume that MovPilot is just yet another re-encode or does it download source via DRM ? Are Streamfab and AnyStream REALLY the only 2 mainstream apps that allow direct download ?

Comment

Streamfab is no longer a downloader. And the program seems to be a screen recorder just like streamfab and others like it. Whereby I can recommend the other program more because it is ONLY a screenrecord without encode. Streamfab has become shit and you should rather use reasonable screen recorders if you really want something. Otherwise switch to torrenting or, like me, make something yourself. You can buy wv keys
          You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            AnyStream downloaded that film perfectly, with no re-encoding and it was done in 7 minutes and played perfectly.
            7 minutes!! I downloaded that using AnyStream in under 60 seconds... Why 7 mins?

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
              Whereby I can recommend the other program more because it is ONLY a screenrecord without encode.
              If you are referring to AnyStream (and I will admit that you do not name 'the other program' so apologies if you are referring to something else) but... Anystream isn't a screen recorder. It's a direct downloader, straight from the service provider CDN. Google it!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	qhTef24.png
Views:	849
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	441476

yes i refer anystream :facepalm:

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	qhTef24.png Views:	0 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	441476

yes i refer anystream :facepalm:
                  You can facepalm all you like.. I repeat my original response: Anystream isn't a screen recorder. It's a direct downloader, straight from the service provider CDN. Oh and I'm ending this convo as I am not going to play any drama games.

Comment

I've marked it specifically to show what I mean. I mean, could anyone be so dense as to not get it twice? Is this an omega facepalm moment?

But so you understand:

MovPilot seems to be a screen recorder, similar to StreamFab. However, I recommend MovPilot more because it eliminates the need for an additional encode.

No idea how you're coming up with AnyStream in your little head. I was only talking about screen recorders here, not downloaders. As I said, StreamFab is no longer a downloader.

Comment

Streamfab is no longer a downloader. And the program seems to be a screen recorder just like streamfab and others like it. Whereby I can recommend the other program more because it is ONLY a screenrecord without encode. Streamfab has become shit and you should rather use reasonable screen recorders if you really want something. Otherwise switch to torrenting or, like me, make something yourself. You can buy wv keys
                      I don't get it, how can a screenrecord work without encode? A screen record is based on individual decryped and decoded video frames. In order to save these you have to encode them again unless you want to save them as raw and uncompressed video (about 1gp per minute at 1080p and 30fps)

... or are you refering to direct stream recording?

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluealien View Post

7 minutes!! I downloaded that using AnyStream in under 60 seconds... Why 7 mins?
                        I didn't time it, I was just guessing, but it was as fast as it could be

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

I didn't time it, I was just guessing, but it was as fast as it could be
                          Sorry, I wasn't being flippant when I asked, I was merely surprised when you said 7 minutes -which seemed by my own experience of AnyStream as to be rather long to download. I also completely concur with your comments re: SF -"I have already accepted the fact that nothing is going to be fixed". Yep, especially with respects to the Amazon DRM -would've been done by now if they had any clue how to fix it! And they clearly do not!

Comment

The competitor is certainly enjoying StreamFab's predicament. They stopped selling lifetime licenses earlier this year and now sell 2-year licenses. Yesterday a forum admin on their site posted "If anyone is interested in a 1 or 2-year license, they best do it now, soon the prices will rise due to inflation then you will have to pay more for the one and 2-year subscription." Someone replied that he was looking at buying StreamFab, and another member replied "I would take a look at their forum before you make a purchase. They are not very happy over there at the moment!!!!".

I've been a DVDFab user for many years, and still use it to rip both regular and 4K Blu-rays. When they announced StreamFab (then DVDFab Downloader) I jumped at their offer. And now I'm lurking on the competitor's forum. I truly hope StreamFab can recover, but the outlook is getting grimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebluealien View Post

You can facepalm all you like.. I repeat my original response: Anystream isn't a screen recorder. It's a direct downloader, straight from the service provider CDN. Oh and I'm ending this convo as I will not play any drama games.
                              I don't think he was talking about AnyStream, I think he was referring to StreamFab, and with the new 6.1.7.5 Netflix is screen recorded by Stream Fab. You are correct AnyStream is not a screen recorder. Redfox products improve with every update. StreamFab regresses.

Comment

My i-net is down so I'm forced to tether to my phone so I can't post much. Before anyone is fool enough to consider MovPilot they would be well served to research it first. I took it upon myself to test the most popular alternatives and MovPilot was one the first to get deleted bypassing the Recycle Bin.

Well, you locked my last thread just as I was about to add to it. I purchased a Micro PC with Win 11 this week. What a POS trying to find things to get set up. Well, eventually I got to a point I could install SF. My problem has changed a bit over my Win 7 box. The program will not crash on opening. Yay! It doesn't crash
                                An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Working...
                                X