This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

If anything AS would absorb SF as AS development is leaps an bounds ahead of SF. We would see a complete re-vamping of SF and much of it would then actually work. You would also likely see a single license fee for all the included modules instead of the money-hungry fee per module you see now.
    Yes, but the two things SF has over AS is the better UI and credit card purchasing, and potentially a larger user base, so it may make more sense for SF to be front-facing with AS providing the back-end and stronger coding capabilities. AS being down is probably just a coincidence.

I'm still have difficulty imagining that SF, after all this time, figured the DRM out. More likely they purchased the capability. Who better to buy from then AS, and why wouldn't AS not want a cut of SF revenue. If that was the case, we would likely never hear of it.

All we can do is speculate at this point.

Comment

As time goes on, the speculation over the last two days has grown. From what I can see on Reddit, here, and I can't find other discussions, it seems the guess are:
      • Legal issue (cease and desist, etc)
      • Law enforcement take down or server seizure
        • However some further speculate if this was case, we'd likely see a legal notice, not vanish of the site???
      • DNS issue
      • Hosting Issue
      • Server issue
      • "Money Grab"
        • Not likely due to ongoing work and fixes RF was doing on AS
      • Out of money
        • since Bitcoin was only payment method, many potential customers turned away.
      • Merger of AS with SF?
      • Combination of the above (like combo of Hosting Issue + DNS issue)

Did I capture them all?

I wonder, if they never come back on line will we know the real story?

Comment

It would be a great coincidence if a functioning version of SF were to appear at the very moment AS disappears.

As long as this claim is not backed up by facts, I remain skeptical.

But it would be really great if, after all these months, SF could finally download videos in full from Amazon and Netflix again without re-encoding.​

Comment

Although the SF UI is a little more feature rich and options such as bitrate choices are nice to have in order for it to be more than just cosmetics and placebos it has to actually work. I don't care how pretty she is, if she smells bad I'll pass. LOL

I'll gladly give up the ever-so-useful Turbo-Speed button for a fully functional package. Um, do you want slow or fast? Doh. And does it really work? Come to think of it I don't think I've ever actually tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            As time goes on, the speculation over the last two days has grown. From what I can see on Reddit, here, and I can't find other discussions, it seems the guess are:
              • However some further speculate if this was case, we'd likely see a legal notice, not vanish of the site???
            • DNS issue
            • Hosting Issue
            • Server issue
            • "Money Grab"
            • Out of money
            • Merger of AS with SF?

Did I capture them all?

Good summary, I have also been following this post and the reddit. Eventually one of the forum mods or devs will show up somewhere and explain what happened if they never come back. TBH the more time that goes by the less likely it is that they are coming back up. I cant imagine them running out of money though, couldnt they just explain to their customers what the story was and setup a patreon account or something like emulation sites and other open source projects do? Forgive me if im wrong on this, ive never used patreon to collect only subscribe or donate etc, im not sure what their rules are.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
              Holy shit guys!

Looks like StreamFab came through at the right time...

A little bird told me StreamFab will revert to full download mode for Amazon and Netflix in v6.1.8.1

Netflix is not ALL new titles (Just some) but will be in future releases

Checked my calendar and it's not April 1st soooooo... Fingers crossed
              ahh Wilson bought Redfox :-)

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post

Makes some sense though. I'm guessing SF was the more popular. If as has been commented here many times that SF lives off the capabilities of others, this may have been in discussions for some time. The longer SF limped along without the DRM fix, the more leverage AS had. The combining of the two makes the best product and has the brightest future. Also, the timing of AS going down and the supposed eminent release of an SF fix can't be ignored.

If they reported this upfront, you would have a bunch of AS supporters wanting a free SF license (if they didn't already have one). Best to just disappear with no word. I wouldn't be surprised if SF switched to a subscription model, as well, going forward.
                A subscription model has been around for a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                  • DNS issue
                  • Hosting Issue
                  • Server issue
                  • "Money Grab"
                  • Out of money
                  • Merger of AS with SF?

Did I capture them all?

I think the merger stuff is ludicrous. A lot of people would love to see that but AS thinks it's superior so, like it was said before, they wouldn't "stoop" to buying SF.

SF needs better cryptologists so they might want to absorb that but again, AS would just say "We'd rather die than be bought by you".

As for the if it was a takedown you would see a takedown notice, that is untrue. I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times to SimpCity and YGGTorrent and there never was a seizure notice.
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I think the merger stuff is ludicrous. A lot of people would love to see that but AS thinks it's superior so, like it was said before, they wouldn't "stoop" to buying SF.

SF needs better cryptologists so they might want to absorb that but again, AS would just say "We'd rather die than be bought by you".

As for the if it was a takedown you would see a takedown notice, that is untrue. I have seen this exact thing happen multiple times to SimpCity and YGGTorrent and there never was a seizure notice.
                    would a seizure prompt them to go after customers? also new version of fab just dropped and amazon is working as a downloader!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

A subscription model has been around for a long time!
                      Let me rephrase. A subscription only model.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	527
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	443414
                        So far, so good...
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

netflix:

there is no title that really interests me
                          too bad that there are only these few
                          was hoping there were a few that weren't listed but none of the ones i tried worked​
                          You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Amazon working great now for what I've tried so far.

Comment

wow - downloading die hart 2 now - waiting to see if slow or fast download - 6181 is available - also noticed that file naming options are now available insetting page - not sure f that was there before

Comment

they also now have multiple audio selections (for aac ) with levels of boost (AS had that - added awhile back )

Comment

Working...
                                X