This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

The only thing we knew for certain was that Wilson was officially listed as Project Manager. Despite that, at no point did I think he had any control over what the developers were doing. They told him what they were going to do. I got the feeling that the developers were with another company and DVDFab was just licensing the core program that was StreamFab from them. I questioned Wilson about this twice, and once I got a denial and another time I got no reply to the question. The denial said that they were in-house. I don't know what to believe, but I'm still leaning toward StreamFab being a licensed program from some other company. With that in mind, to Wilson the use of screen recorders might be a temporary solution, but I'm not so sure that the developers feel that way. I don't have much experience dealing with Chinese companies (Jack does, maybe he could comment) but this one has seemed to go out of its way to hide itself within a ball of confusion. Just look at its location - Hong Kong, Beijing, Arvada CO. With the US site being just a mail drop for a bunch of questionable Chinese retail stores. Come to find out that the Hong Kong address (FLAT/RM 826 8/F, OCEAN CENTRE, HARBOUR CITY, 5 CANTON ROAD, Hong Kong, China) was the same with a dozen or more companies all located in Room 826. I haven't checked into the Beijing address yet.
    Anyway, I'm glad I'm out of it now. I've cancelled all my streaming subscriptions and I haven't used StreamFab in about 2 months. I get all my files via Torrent now. Where all the major streamers were making money off me each month, they get nothing now because of their DRM change. I'm just one person, and so I am just a tiny fraction of a percentage point to them, but it still feels good to me that I'm putting the screws to them because they tried to put the screws to us with the DRM change.

Now if I could just get over this addiction to writing to this forum.
    Now THAT is something I never considered, and Wilson's avoidance is rather telling, Since the lawsuit was going on when SF was "created" in 2019, it would make sense for it to be created under a separate corporation not owned by any of the defendants, but if they plan not to comply with the ruling anyway...why bother? I confess that I can't make sense of their "strategy" of letting SF degenerate into a screen recorder - as you say, Wilson claimed it was temporary, but from your reports he seemed to be left out of the loop on many things, and certainly didn't seem to have much, if any, decision-making power.

"A ball of confusion" indeed - yikes, it's like a large ball of twisted string. I've read Robert Ludlum novels that aren't this convoluted. The deliberate attempts to hide regarding the address issues aren't surprising - remember that AASCLA's private investigators couldn't come up with a physical address for Feng Tao or the company to serve him, so anything found online will probably be nothing more than accommodation addresses. As NewMelle says, obfuscation and deception.

Please do stick around here, your comments are invaluable, especially to anyone who might actually be gullible enough to think of buying this hot mess. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-29-2024, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
      I am in favor of sending Chameleon and Cats4U to a DRM cracking training course. After that, he can write a new StreamFab 8.0 with jpp72 . Wilson comes to the canteen to hand out food....
      Seriously, this is my dream. Right here.

Comment

Posted by
        Cats4U
        Now if I could just get over this addiction to writing to this forum.
        This to shall pass
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

So I get an email from SF asking me to buy the Netflix downloader (which I already own). It reminds me that I no longer subscribe to Netflix so if I can download Manifest I'll go for it for a month.
          So I check that Manifest was added to Netflix before Jan 25th this year and it was so I pay to renew for the ad supported version only to go to SF and find that it does not even analyse Manifest. Why do I waste my time?

To be fair, Anystream will only download it in SD. As its pre 2024 I expected it to work. A waste of £4.99 as I won't be watching anything that has ads.
          After seeing a story about how Netflix saved the show after it was cancelled so they can at least give it an ending I find season 3 is missing anyway. So we have an ending but no middle. A totally pointless Netflix show

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post

To be fair, Anystream will only download it in SD. As its pre 2024 I expected it to work. A waste of £4.99 as I won't be watching anything that has ads.
            After seeing a story about how Netflix saved the show after it was cancelled so they can at least give it an ending I find season 3 is missing anyway. So we have an ending but no middle. A totally pointless Netflix show
            StreamFab downloads pre-Jan 24th at 1080p. Direct Download. Whole download, processing and remuxing took less than 1 minute for Season 4 Episode 1

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	151.2 KB ID:	443226Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	443227
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Also, all the seasons are there in US and Canada so idk why it wouldn't be there in the UK

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	984
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	443229

Comment

This is Manifest in the UK
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                  I am in favor of sending Chameleon and Cats4U to a DRM cracking training course. After that, he can write a new StreamFab 8.0 with jpp72 . Wilson comes to the canteen to hand out food....
                  I just studied and worked for 8 years to get my Doctorate in Engineering Physics. I have the summer partly off, I just got my Degree two weeks ago and my last paycheck from M.I.T. for teaching Advanced calculus to freshmen. Now I have my first spare time in 8 years and I will start my new job on
                  Sept 6th. I would love to learn how to crack DRM but after 8 years of learning one specific thing, it's time for me to go to work. I doubt Fab would pay me what my new job is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

I just studied and worked for 8 years to get my Doctorate in Engineering Physics. I have the summer partly off, I just got my Degree two weeks ago and my last paycheck from M.I.T. for teaching Advanced calculus to freshmen. Now I have my first spare time in 8 years and I will start my new job on
                    Sept 6th. I would love to learn how to crack DRM but after 8 years of learning one specific thing, it's time for me to go to work. I doubt Fab would pay me what my new job is.
                    Congratulations - that's quite an achievement! And enjoy your time off!

Comment

Originally posted by Streaky View Post
                      This is Manifest in the UK
                      As we know, StreamFab doesn't work with VPN but it does work with Proxies and Smart DNS services. Set them to US or Canada and Season 3 will be available

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

StreamFab downloads pre-Jan 24th at 1080p. Direct Download. Whole download, processing and remuxing took less than 1 minute for Season 4 Episode 1
                        Really wish I knew what works directly though. You try downloading something only to find out it is a recode. Disabling the screen record recode method would certainly be a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post

Really wish I knew what works directly though. You try downloading something only to find out it is a recode. Disabling the screen record recode method would certainly be a plus.
                          Amazon Analysis Workaround 6.1.6.7 To load Amazon titles with the old DRM in the correct sound: (All statements without guarantee) 1. Install 6.1.7.5. 2. Copy the files from this folder to another location, you will need them later C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\script amazon_get_meta_info.py amazon_get_real_url.py

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	151.2 KB ID:	443226Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	443227
                            No option to download anything for me here in the UK. Wonder if its something with the new "upgrade"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but Netflix offers no options to download anything at all. Something is amiss as the display is more like a simple video player to watch Netflix but I've changed nothing and can't find any settings that seem to need changing.

ITVX is ok as is C4 but opening Netflix and all I get is a standard Netflix screen with playback options only. Went to open it and a browser screen opened telling me about a new sale of various things. Not sure how desperate I would need to be to purchase anything ever again from this lot
                            Last edited by phelings; 06-03-2024, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chameleon View Post

i just studied and worked for 8 years to get my doctorate in engineering physics. I have the summer partly off, i just got my degree two weeks ago and my last paycheck from m.i.t. For teaching advanced calculus to freshmen. Now i have my first spare time in 8 years and i will start my new job on
                              sept 6th. I would love to learn how to crack drm but after 8 years of learning one specific thing, it's time for me to go to work. I doubt fab would pay me what my new job is.
                              Neeeeeerd!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fosman View Post

Neeeeeerd!!!!
                                Quilty. But I bet I make more money than you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X