Crunchyroll do not work under 6.1.8.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunchyroll Crunchyroll do not work under 6.1.8.2

I have tried now a few days but the Crunchyroll Download do not work under 6.1.8.2 . I have delete the Cache but it does nothing. I am allways at the error of "Failure to access video information" .

My Log files are attached.
    Attached Files

This is likely due to crunchy breaking (disabling?) their old playlist API. Forcing the usage of the new play stream API. My downloader still has the ability to download since I implemented the new API long before the old one was inevitably disabled

Comment

And how can I bring it back to work?

Comment

Originally posted by AkiBoy View Post
        And how can I bring it back to work?
        you cant
        you can only wait or use the downloader from jaynator
        its really nice and way better than the shit from streamfab
        You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

It stopped working 2 days before they roll out 6.1.8.1. I've already let them know, hopefully a fix will be included in the next update.

Comment

For now I'm using Allavsoft to download from Crunchyroll. It's not the best, you need to c&p each episode, the video quality only has 3 settings (best, normal, worst), the subtitles can only be downloaded in separate files and it downloads ALL subtitles, and if you want to switch between audio you need to play the video in the language you want first before c&p the link (fortunately you only need to do it once, as Crunchyroll will automatically switch your audio for the entire season), but it gets the job down. It's the only downloader I know that downloads from Crunchyroll besides Streamfab.

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
              For now I'm using Allavsoft to download from Crunchyroll. It's not the best, you need to c&p each episode, the video quality only has 3 settings (best, normal, worst), the subtitles can only be downloaded in separate files and it downloads ALL subtitles, and if you want to switch between audio you need to play the video in the language you want first before c&p the link (fortunately you only need to do it once, as Crunchyroll will automatically switch your audio for the entire season), but it gets the job down. It's the only downloader I know that downloads from Crunchyroll besides Streamfab.
              I cancelled my CrunchyRoll sub and subbed to it on Amazon. Now that Amazon is back to normal, i can restart my sub on Amazon (I had cancelled it after 2 months of no DRM fix for Amazon)
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I mostly use Prime Channel as well, but I sometimes need to extract subtitles from Crunchyroll because Amazon usually only has close captions (not to mention they're often out of sync), and also for missing episodes on Amazon.

Comment

I mostly use Prime Channel as well, but I sometimes need to extract subtitles from Crunchyroll because Amazon usually only has close captions (not to mention they're often out of sync), and also for missing episodes on Amazon.
                  Yea the subtitles from SF are pretty bad, IIRC even when crunchy works they convert the subtitles which removes the styling from it. I'd share the name of my downloader here, but not sure that's allowed even though it's open source.

Comment

Changelog for 6.1.8.3 said it's fixed, but I still get the "failure to access video information" message.

Yes. I uninstalled with a professional uninstaller, deleted the Streamfab folders and installed using the link from the forum sticky.

Comment

I patched mine and told it to grab items already in the queue. It successfully grabbed the first and then seems to be hung up on the second. The Crunchyroll tab is displaying the text
                      "We love all your streams, but there's a limit.
                      Continue watching on this device by closing an existing stream/browser tab or upgrading your subscription.
                      Chrome on Windows
                      Chrome on Windows"
                      After waiting a bit and hitting retry on the tab, it did eventually start downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by McDerth View Post
                        I patched mine and told it to grab items already in the queue. It successfully grabbed the first and then seems to be hung up on the second. The Crunchyroll tab is displaying the text
                        "We love all your streams, but there's a limit.
                        Continue watching on this device by closing an existing stream/browser tab or upgrading your subscription.
                        Chrome on Windows
                        Chrome on Windows"
                        After waiting a bit and hitting retry on the tab, it did eventually start downloading.
                        I have the same problem.

Comment

Okay, I let it sit for an hour and tried again, and it started downloading--except it can't download consecutively. I put a season in queue and start downloading, but it stopped after finishing the first episode. I had to start each episode manually after the previous episode was done, and with at least 1 minute space between each download.

Comment

Okay, I let it sit for an hour and tried again, and it started downloading--except it can't download consecutively. I put a season in queue and start downloading, but it stopped after finishing the first episode. I had to start each episode manually after the previous episode was done, and with at least 1 minute space between each download.
                            This is because Crunchyroll has a 120 second cooldown between the requests of the new play API, and SF likely didn't implement the API request to delete the episode off your current active streams after the download is finished

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I cancelled my CrunchyRoll sub and subbed to it on Amazon. Now that Amazon is back to normal, i can restart my sub on Amazon (I had cancelled it after 2 months of no DRM fix for Amazon)
                              The subs for the English dubs on Amazon are bad for Crunchyroll. It is either some speech-to-text sub that gets lots of names and other words wrong, or it's the good produced sub, but it goes out of sync. It's like that on pretty much everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X