Test before purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddyB View Post
    Purchased a 1 month license. I updated to the latest version. Ran application as suggested checking the English (CC) on the episode before starting download. Results were an MP4 with the episode and an SRT file containing the English Closed Captions. Did not get an SRT file with the English Forced Subtitle for the non English audio parts. The I ran application again this time not checking English (CC) on episode before downloading, then started download. Results were an MP4 of the episode, an SRT file containing the English Forced subtitles and no SRT for the English Closed Captions subtitles. So to me it appears you can only get one subtitle output file per pass of the application I will attach the log file for you.
    Normally, the CC should contain all the subs, we will check first.

Comment

Mona, just to keep you up to date I installed the 64 bit version 3.0.1.9 and tried the same Netflix show, with the same results. Only getting 1 srt file with the mp4. There is another srt file in the temp folder, but it appears to not match the mp4 or other srt file.I'm about to give up and ask for a refund

Comment

Mona, 3.0.2.0 has the same results. Are you still checking into this or is it a dead subject as it's close to a month with no reply

Comment

The developers are working on this and other issues.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Any update on this issue??? It's been 2 weeks since I've heard from anybody

Comment

EddyB, for what it is worth: DVDFab downloader may not be perfect, but it is very good. In my experience, when issues are pointed out here in the forum, the service team (Mona, Signals and Wilson) are VERY responsive.

Comment

ignore

Comment

To me the product is far from being completed. I reported this problem back in Feb and still not resolved. Not even hearing that it is still being worked on is a failure to communicate. It would be nice to know that the problem is being looked at as I see several more people are describing the same problem. Just keep us informed

Comment

As this ticket has not been closed I must infer that it is still a problem that is yet to be resolved

Comment

I have been using the Downloader for a few months now for both Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have also experienced some quirks when it comes to subtitles. Sometimes I get subtitles and sometimes I don't. I have tried both "Remux to Video" and "Extract to SRT file". This morning I downloaded two foreign videos from Netflix in one operation. On the first video, I got the SRT, on the 2nd I didn't. I then waited a few minutes and retried the 2nd one. This time I got the SRT. If you choose to "Remux to Video", the only way I know to check it is via VLC Media Player. Again, sometimes the Subtitles are there and sometimes they aren't. If present, I have to use their Video Converter to convert MP4 to MKV If I wish to see the subtitles when viewing on HDTV via my OPPO. But even there I found an issue with SRT which I reported, where any video after the final subtitle is cut off. Like lengthy credits at the end of a movie. The staff is aware of these problems and I am sure they are being worked on. It just takes time. Give them a chance. They have come through with fixes in the past.

Comment

.srt are what you want,
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I Know that

Comment

Originally posted by EddyB View Post
                            I Know that
                            Hi EddyB. I just downloaded the first episode of The Crown and didn't have any issues. Could you please attach a screen shot of your settings? I have my settings to always download English subtitles if available.
                            Here is a screenshot of the parsing window when I try to download the show.
                            I have also attached my streaming services settings.
                            Attached Files

Comment

It appears you didn't read my original problem. When a show has both English CC and forced English subtitles you don't get both external .srt files. In previous versions you would need to run twice. If you check English CC you would get the English CC .srt file. Process again without checking English CC and you get an external .srt with the forced English subtitles.I see where it might have been fixed in 3202 but then saw where it is broken again in 3203. All I'm really asking for is someone to tell me that it works and is stable. I just don't have the time to test every release being done. I have a product that does netfix perfectly. I was hoping to use it for the other capabilities Netfix would just be a bonus if it worked correctly

Comment

I can't upload any more screenshots due to some quota.

I just downloaded "Bright" from Nexflix to test forced subtitles.
                                I selected forced subtitles only.

Once I started to play the movie I had the option of selecting English subtitles or Forced subtitles.
                                It seems that even if you select forced subtitles only, it downloads the entire subtitle file but gives your player the option of playing both.

Comment

Working...
                                X