This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot access any of the sites after version 3.0.0.0

Downloader version 3.0.0.0 works just fine with netflix (only one available with this version)
    once amazon became available in version 3.0.0.6 I updated and found out that nothing works. I downloaded every version after 3.0.0.0 including the newest 3.0.1.3 which added CBS and still none of the modules work.
    when i click on amazon for example another downloader window loads but it is a non-functioning window. just a black screen that doesnt actually open.
    When clicking on a streaming site module a browser should open with that websites sign in page. this does not happen at all for me.
    I am running windows 10 pro I7 processor and have tried both edge and chrome.

has anyone run into this problem and have a solution? I have seen posts where many users get bad downloads so that means they are at least able to access the web pages. I can't even get into the site to try a download.

Click image for larger version

Name:	downloader.PNG
Views:	533
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	390179
    Last edited by kermit1711@yahoo.com; 02-05-2021, 07:20 PM.

Please uninstall what you have now and download and install the current v3.0.1.3 using the As Administrator option. If it still does not work, attach the drmDownloader.log file for troubleshooting.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i have re-installed version 3.0.1.3 and selected "run as administrator" there is no change.
      the problem still exists
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kermit1711@yahoo.com; 02-05-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit1711@yahoo.com View Post
        i have re-installed version 3.0.1.3 and selected "run as administrator" there is no change.
        the problem still exists
        try going into your browser settings for both edge and chrome and
        go to the the cookes setting and delete all the cookies for both amazon & CBS
        close down all browsers and close down & restart the dvdfab downloader and retry
        downloading from amazon & CBS.

Comment

tried all that, does not fix anything

Comment

tried all that, does not fix anything
            have you tried uninstalling the DRM downloader and reinstalling ??

Comment

several times I have done complete uninstalls and re-installs. I have tried this with every version 3.0.0.0 through 3.0.1.3.
              so far the only version that worked is version 3.0.0.0 and that does no good to me because only Netflix is available.
              what changed after version 3.0.0.0? I know it is not my browser or windows 10 because if I install 3.0.0.0 the software works fine, but if I install any version after that and not changing any of my computer settings nothing works!
              so what changed in the software that is causing none of the modules in DRM downloader to no longer launch?

Comment

so what changed in the software that is causing none of the modules in DRM downloader to no longer launch?
                Strange indeed....but I noticed that sometimes on a updated install I have to allow 'QDrmCef.exe' and 'QCef.exe' files to be allowed by my antivirus program (Norton 360) even though I allowed it from a previous version. If those two files are being blocked DRM Downloader will not launch, something else to check because at first it wasn't allowing it but now it is after a couple of installs.

Comment

Thank you for that suggestion, but I do not have an antivirus program installed, I also turned off windows built in firewall and all windows security features, the pop up blockers and everything like that. I even completely removed every dvdfab software including any subfolders that linger around. I then would install downloader with all security turned off. None of that has fixed my problem.
                  Does anyone have a working downloader running on the most up to date windows 10?
                  I think that is the issue. something in the software after version 3.0.0.0 is not compatible with the latest windows 10 update, but is compatible with version 3.0.0.0.

again thank you to everyone that has responded with suggestions. I truly appreciate it.

Comment

My issue has been solved.
                    There were more windows updates available, so i completely removed downloader from my computer and completed all updates to my system. there was also an update to my graphics card.
                    after all updates completed i installed downloader and amazon launched properly. I have no clue why this worked but like i suspected something in windows or maybe even my graphics driver was conflicting with downloader.
                    I have attached the log file so everyone can compare the file from when i had issues to when the issue was fixed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

DVDFab Downloader DRM version 3.0.1.3 can access the sites but is not able to download anything. HBO Max loops back to "Who is watching screen. Others say Something has gone wrong.

Comment

kermit1711 it's good to hear you were able to resolve your problem and posted a resolution in response. Seems all the other bases posted were covered and you went your own route, which was good.

Not sure why Kong7004 posted that after you denoted you solved your issue though............read it three times and has nothing to do with anything!!!!

Your problem at least...........
                        Last edited by Down2Earth; 02-07-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

another update
                          The problem is back. I successfully download 2 movies yesterday (title wrong, but movie downloaded at least) on amazon and now today the site modules do not launch to the respective sites.
                          I have not changed anything in my system other than a restart
                          Attached Files

Comment

another update
                            The problem is back. I successfully download 2 movies yesterday (title wrong, but movie downloaded at least) on amazon and now today the site modules do not launch to the respective sites.
                            I have not changed anything in my system other than a restart
                            Please delete the cache to have a try and see if it will make a difference.
                            C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab Downloader\temp\cache

Comment

deleted cache and problem still remains

Comment

Working...
                              X