Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount + very slow

Paramount + very slow in downloading.

Please find attached screenshots and log. I tried using both Express VPN and NordVPN. Same result. I am aware that VPN slows your internet however with HBO max, hulu etc I get good speed using both VPN's

The screen captures are not needed and have been removed, but the log is very important but does not appear to be present. If the developers need to see the screen, they will request it. Please attach the log using the instructions here which are for DVDFab but work the same way: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...532#post263532
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Due to size restriction, attached log file in zip. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, sorry you have the issue with the Paramount downloads. The developers will check it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by J Sriram View Post
          Paramount + very slow in downloading.

Please find attached screenshots and log. I tried using both Express VPN and NordVPN. Same result. I am aware that VPN slows your internet however with HBO max, hulu etc I get good speed using both VPN's
          The developer suggested that you choose a different region/country (connection) via your VPN settings to download again and see if it will make a difference, as the Paramount module is the same as other modules regarding the download speed.

Comment

Thanks.Actually I tried two to three regions like SF, Washington DC Salt Lake City, LA etc. I even checked with VPN providers like ExpressVPN. They informed that San Francisco is best as far of speed is concerned for paramount. Even that is slow when using paramount +. I don’t have such issue while using hbo max or Hulu.

Comment

An update - downloaded ladies man movie. During the audio download the speed is slow however when the video starts downloading speed is better however not better than Hulu/hbo max. I believe Hulu/hbo max shows gb size while downloading however paramount shows some kind of numbers during the download.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sriram View Post
                An update - downloaded ladies man movie. During the audio download the speed is slow however when the video starts downloading speed is better however not better than Hulu/hbo max. I believe Hulu/hbo max shows gb size while downloading however paramount shows some kind of numbers during the download.
                I will pass your update to the developer.

Comment

From developer:
                  The video and audio streams of Paramount are all fragmented. An audio or video stream is divided into thousands of pieces.

Each segment is a download process. When downloading, it will need time to open links to download each segment one by one.

Audio files are small, so comparing to the video part, the speed is kind of slower.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed update.

Comment

Working...
                    X