Downloads from some streaming services limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloads from some streaming services limited

Why are some limited to 720p downloads? It's not worth downloading any videos at that resolution.
    D+, Netflix, and I think Amazon suffer from this. Not sure about other ones. Hulu won't let me in because of their stupid captcha bullshit.

The developers had to throttle some of the services back to 720p to increase download stability. It is temporary. The 1280x720 looks decent on most of my stuff.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Netflix is downloading at 1080p for me, but Disney+ and Amazon are stuck at 720 and I agree, it's not worth using at that resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
        Netflix is downloading at 1080p for me, but Disney+ and Amazon are stuck at 720 and I agree, it's not worth using at that resolution.
        So far all of Netflix downloads has been downloading at 1080 for me since the update....

And agree with 'signals' 1280 x 720 looks pretty decent on my stuff but on my computer some but not all 720 downloads are pretty ugly but I have noticed even some 1080 downloads looks awful also just the same......Mostly all the old movies up to 1990 looks like crap at 720. Think it's dependent on what you are using for viewing some of the downloads. My transfers to my DVDfab movie server doesn't care that it's 1280 x 720, where as it looks like crap on my computer display it is not the same outputting resolution displaying out the DMS to my TV, I can't tell the difference from 720 and 1080 off of it. Wouldn't say it's not worth it for everybody.......

RavynArcadia...do get what you are saying about Hulu and the "I'm Not A Robot" game they play to sign on. I can't get passed that either with this downloader app, had the same problem signing on before the upgrade to StreamFab, at first Disney plus was doing this stupid sign on game but they are not doing it now and they switched the cards to playing it on Hulu, they are the same billing. Can sign on directly not using the downloader to Hulu picking the right choices for "I'm Not A Robot'" and I'm in.....so it's has to be something with the downloader app not working with that function.......eventually if you keep trying it will eventually sign you on after 10 try's of picking the right squares but it is very painful trying!!!

Comment

Same here with the Hulu captcha lol. It’s so annoying because they start intentionally slowing the speed at which the images appear too

Comment

I wonder if there are any updates on this.

Comment

Not to my knowledge. You would see them in the changelog if there were.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The Hulu captcha is annoying even in a normal browser. They need to update to newer version that doesn't actually require human input.

Comment

So I guess we will be stuck at 720p. Back to sailing the high seas I guess.

Comment

For now, that may be true, but I think the devs can fix this somehow. Agree about the captcha. Try finding all the traffic lights on an iPhone. I dumped Hulu a month or so ago for sign on issues and other things. Found one called Fubo TV that works better, at least so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X