Amazon Download Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Two Cents....

50 Episodes a day is generous. For the sake of some shows, 60 would have been nicer because of the number of episodes, but typically, 50 should cover 2 seasons.

I understand the argument that many would like to grab an entire show in one setting, but that can be 100's of episodes and will catch the attention of most providers.
    I would rather the developers spend time adding more providers that people want instead of constantly repairing the one's we already have.

To be fair to the other side though...Amazon uses it's own CDN, so costs are minimal.

Anyway...most providers don't provide enough content to grab 350 shows per week, so it might be tough to get use to at first....but life will get better unless you are a
    Discovery+ Addict...then I'm afraid there's little hope for you besides the fact you won't go bankrupt buying hard drives to hold 2000 episodes of Guy Fieri shoveling
    food down his throat.

Comment

Oh yes, first of all I have 20 and not 50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and secondly, how many hours does a day have with you? 48? or more? I still don't work, the error keeps coming. Can't download anything as I allegedly exceeded the limit.

Comment

I would say the limit is not restored to 0, it alaways come limit exceeded.

Comment

my concern is content providers know what is going on with streaming endless number of episodes. Nobody can stream and view that many for hours. So, in order to eliminate the ability to record shows they will come up with more restrictions. So, the average user who is probably satisfied with 5-10-15 recordings a day will find it harder to use the software. greed is a terrible thing.

Comment

Greed has nothing to do, that my limit was not restoring, i cant do nothing. error since too days limit exceeded.

Comment

Has anyone been able to download since seeing that warning? I got it yesterday at 5:00 AM, it's now 1:30PM today, so 32ish hours and it still says come back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by skoy View Post
                my concern is content providers know what is going on with streaming endless number of episodes. Nobody can stream and view that many for hours.
                The doctor's office and dentist office in the mall play Amazon and Netflix respectively all day. Back to Back 30 Rock and Friends.

Comment

How about, in addition to this limit, a personally configurable limit. Say we queue up 100 episodes of something but set the limit to 10. StreamFab would stop at 10 leaving the rest in the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
                    [...]I would rather the developers spend time adding more providers that people want instead of constantly repairing the one's we already have.
                    I'd rather the bugs be fixed rather than adding new providers. I'm more original School about it all. Fix the bugs, then add new content. Check everything. If all good, add new content...and repeat. Just like what should have happened with Windows 7, but that's outside the scope here.

Anyway...most providers don't provide enough content to grab 350 shows per week, so it might be tough to get use to at first....but life will get better unless you are a
                    Discovery+ Addict...then I'm afraid there's little hope for you besides the fact you won't go bankrupt buying hard drives to hold 2000 episodes of Guy Fieri shoveling
                    food down his throat.
                    Haaaha!! Those are the kind of shows I do not watch and for those very reasons. Junk T.V...haha! You nailed it.

my concern is content providers know what is going on with streaming endless number of episodes. Nobody can stream and view that many for hours. So, in order to eliminate the ability to record shows they will come up with more restrictions. So, the average user who is probably satisfied with 5-10-15 recordings a day will find it harder to use the software. greed is a terrible thing.
                    That's the ol' Cat and Mouse game. There isn't anything wrong with wanting more. As long as you control your desires accordingly and that often requires practice. Life is constantly evolving and changing. Everything does, even the creators of the Cosmos/multi-verse.. Nothing remains stagnant.
                    Last edited by SirRush; 08-22-2021, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexxa View Post
                      Greed has nothing to do, that my limit was not restoring, i cant do nothing. error since too days limit exceeded.
                      The devs are trying to duplicate this and fix it. A day is 24 hours everywhere.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by hallandry View Post
                        How about, in addition to this limit, a personally configurable limit. Say we queue up 100 episodes of something but set the limit to 10. StreamFab would stop at 10 leaving the rest in the queue.
                        not a bad idea. I will make sure the devs see it. How about getting SF to restart automatically when the “day” is ended.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thats a good thing, thanks to the Team.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel9 View Post
                            Could we get a bit of clarity on this? For instance, what constitutes "a day?" When does "a day" start, and when does "a day" end? And even this is a bit unclear: "For now, up to 50 videos downloading from every single website per day shall take effect." So, "50 videos per day, no matter how many websites you use?" Or "50 videos per day from each website?" I presume it's the former, not the latter, but then again, it's not entirely clear. So, a bit more clarity would help.
                            a day is 24 hours. The devs are aware that there have been some problems and confusion with this and are working on it. The limit is 50 per day per site. Days begin and end at midnight most places, but that can vary.

Comment

my concern is content providers know what is going on with streaming endless number of episodes. Nobody can stream and view that many for hours.
                              The providers WANT you to stream as many episodes as possible. That's why Netflix will autoplay the next episode endlessly for hours and they give you the option to skip the opening so you can cram more episodes in.

Comment

I'd like to click it and forget it, so selecting all of a show would put it in the queue, get 50, wait until tomorrow, and grab 50 more, with no user intervention required. I'd like to set a show to record on Monday, and have it all (or mostly) by Friday. If I have to close and reopen the program each day to reset the counter, then there's no need for it to TSR in my systray anymore. It would be especially nice if it reset at midnight local time, as it would have all my bandwidth to use since I'll be sleeping.
                                My other thought is, if someone uses their 50, maybe let them continue, but switched to real-time only. That would show the program as still working and useable, but would at most give them 75 a day if they had that many in their queue.

Comment

Working...
                                X