No announcement yet.

Our dearest Mona, Wilson & Developers - re: Peacock on StreamFab 5.0.3.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Ends downloads fine for me on 5.0.5.3. It does not download on 5.0.5.7 in my attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
      Halloween Ends downloads fine for me on 5.0.5.3. It does not download on 5.0.5.7 in my attempts.
      Could you please send the StreamFab log session for the download attempts for both versions? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

I'm pretty sure that I've gotten the above kitty screen on my first attempt on initially logging into StreamFab and will make note if it occurs again.

When I've gotten this screen I exit StreamFab, manually clear logs/cache & try again which seems to work for me.

Don't know if it's the exiting or the clearing of cache though.

Mike

Mike,
        I had kitty problems just now at 6am ET. Made a few attempts at a three show download and the analysis went on and on. I found if the green line goes around more than 18 times then you've got a kitty waiting for you at Home. The last kitty gave me at Shaka error again so I knew it wasn't a StreamFab problem. I checked my Devices and all that was listed was my Chromebook browser and the StreamFab browser (which I have renamed Kitty.) So that was ok. I decided to actually sign out from Peacock by clicking Sign Out from my account icon. After I signed back in I immediately got the kitty again. I dismissed it and started the downloads again. This time it took and I got my 3 shows.
        Maybe we have to physically sign out each time to avoid the kitty. Well, maybe not that initial one. Signing out is no big deal because we have to sign in every time we try to use Peacock anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Mike,
          I had kitty problems just now at 6am ET. Made a few attempts at a three show download and the analysis went on and on. I found if the green line goes around more than 18 times then you've got a kitty waiting for you at Home. The last kitty gave me at Shaka error again so I knew it wasn't a StreamFab problem. I checked my Devices and all that was listed was my Chromebook browser and the StreamFab browser (which I have renamed Kitty.) So that was ok. I decided to actually sign out from Peacock by clicking Sign Out from my account icon. After I signed back in I immediately got the kitty again. I dismissed it and started the downloads again. This time it took and I got my 3 shows.
          Maybe we have to physically sign out each time to avoid the kitty. Well, maybe not that initial one. Signing out is no big deal because we have to sign in every time we try to use Peacock anyway.
          Cats4U,

You know cats/kitties...

They are laws unto themselves!

Got new episode of Quantum Leap last night from Peacock with no problems.

Mike

Comment

Yes, Peacock seems to be working again. Congrats to the developer (clapping hands)

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Could you please send the StreamFab log session for the download attempts for both versions? Thanks.
              Hi Mona!

I've sent the logs from different computers and attached them to your email I have on file.

Comment

So I was finally able to download from Peacock but why are the downloads so slow? Like for example I wentto download something from the WWE Network onPeack in 1080p and after 1 hr of downloading it was only at like 2%. Is there a way to get these to download any faster?

Comment

Has the speed issue been fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
                    Has the speed issue been fixed
                    Hi Justin,

StreamFab 5.0.5.7 is still downloading at about 1/3 the speed of StreamFab 5.0.5.3 for me and seems to spend more time analyzing at first before it actually starts downloading.

Per Mona's post a few days ago, I *think* that it's still be looked at.

Mona's post Re: Peacock download speed
                    https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ock#post416394

Mike
                    Last edited by Mike_M; 10-20-2022, 10:47 AM.

Comment

StreamFab 5.0.5.8 Changelog
                      New: Some improvements on the download speed on Netflix videos.
                      New: Some improvements on the analysis speed on HBO Max videos.
                      With all due respect, Mike, to hell with speed. The priority should be to fix what is broken (such as the scene looping in Paramount) first and after that is done, and only after then, try to make it faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

With all due respect, Mike, to hell with speed. The priority should be to fix what is broken (such as the scene looping in Paramount) first and after that is done, and only after then, try to make it faster.
                        Cats4U,

I can deal with the "normal"/slower speed of Peacock in current version 5.0.3.7 (5.0.3.8 now?).

If it's a choice of what the developer/programmers are working on, I'd agree that speed s/b further down the line in priorities when core streaming products are having more important issues and resources have to be allocated.

Also when StreamFab fixes something, there's the possibility that they will break something else.

The current release that just hit from StreamFab 5.0.3.8 only has two items in the changelog, both dealing with speed and or analysis of speed of download.

StreamFab 5.0.5.8 Changelog
                        New: Some improvements on the download speed on Netflix videos.
                        New: Some improvements on the analysis speed on HBO Max videos.

It does seem the emphasis is on "faster" and "more" (re: adding new less used streaming services) when the streaming services that are utilized the most are still having issues.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X