No announcement yet.

6.1.8.1 on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or does everything downloaded by Netflix have a purple hue to it? I mean all the new stuff also.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      Is it just me or does everything downloaded by Netflix have a purple hue to it? I mean all the new stuff also.
      Did you download Dolby Vision and play it back in a non Dolby Vision compatible player?

Comment

I find the timing of AnyStream going down and Fab finally solving Amazon to be quite interesting.
        i said that in the other day on a discord about web download stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Jaynator495 View Post

Did you download Dolby Vision and play it back in a non Dolby Vision compatible player?
          Dolby or no Dolby, I have been watching Dolby-enabled movies for ages and never saw a purple hue on all the movies.
          Dolby is sound not video.

Comment

Dolby or no Dolby, I have been watching Dolby-enabled movies for ages and never saw a purple hue on all the movies.
            Dolby is sound not video.
            It's both. there's dolby vision profile 5 (netflixn amazon and disneyplus streams can have them in certain configs) which doesn't have hdr10 fallback and thus will show purple and green when showing on a non dolby vision enabled display. Profile 8 has a hdr10 fallback layer for hdr10 or sdr only devices to display the colors properly, and will then enable dolby vision enhanced colors on supporting displays.

Then there's Dolby Atmos which is a surround sound format, usually 5.1 but can also be 7.1. We can get the lossy format from disney plus or supporting netflix titles (with uhd account). Dolby Atmos can also be found in dolby truehd lossless tracks, but that's not relevant to SF downloading.

dolby atmos is for object encoding in space, vs dolby digital plus and dolby digital have fixed object channel encoding and thus may not sound as good to you as an atmos track.

Comment

Is there any way to turn off the encryption function? Because when I downloaded Netflix, I didn't know if it was encrypted or downloaded live.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDalibaba View Post
                Is there any way to turn off the encryption function? Because when I downloaded Netflix, I didn't know if it was encrypted or downloaded live.
                Please read post #28 on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dijitul View Post
                  It's both. there's dolby vision profile 5 (netflixn amazon and disneyplus streams can have them in certain configs) which doesn't have hdr10 fallback and thus will show purple and green when showing on a non dolby vision enabled display. Profile 8 has a hdr10 fallback layer for hdr10 or sdr only devices to display the colors properly, and will then enable dolby vision enhanced colors on supporting displays.
                  Yes, DoVi Profiles 5.03 and 5.06 were used for Dolby Vision HDR encoded streams by some downloaders for a while. In these files there is only a Dolby Vision layer for HDR colors, with no fallback to HDR10 for playback on equipment that doesn't support Dolby Vision. If you have any "link in the chain" that doesn't support Dolby Vision (DV), it will give you a Green and Purple type picture.

For example, when Black Adam first hit Max, it was downloadable as distinctly as DV only with "HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU" per MediaInfo, and HDR10 only with "Color primaries : BT.2020". When playing the DV copy with dvhe 05.06 on a Roku Ultra 4670 and Sony X800D TV, neither of which support DV, results in green/purple picture. Its really evident in the first scenes with dialog.

That likely does explain Chameleon 's purple hue issue. Is the updated Netflix downloader pulling down H265 from Netflix as DV/HDR instead of SDR? I mean I saw something similar with Max on Anystream where if HEVC was selected, and there was a 4K available, even though I selected HEVC Only, didn't select DV or DV/HDR, I got an HDR encoded 1080p file.

DoVi Profile 8, specifically 8.06 which is what the streamers have switched to recently, and Profile 7, 7.06 which they had been using too, is Dolby Vision with HDR10 fallback. So yes, on DV equipment Dolby Vision is used for HDR Colors, however on equipment that supports only supports HDR10, it uses HDR10. Note: some devices can't play Profile 7 files and result in black picture, Kodi and Plex added work arounds to their apps.

But unfortunately none of these profiles have fallback to SDR. On SDR only equipment, these files wont display the colors right at all.
                  Originally posted by Dijitul View Post
                  Then there's Dolby Atmos which is a surround sound format, usually 5.1 but can also be 7.1. We can get the lossy format from disney plus or supporting netflix titles (with uhd account). Dolby Atmos can also be found in dolby truehd lossless tracks, but that's not relevant to SF downloading.

dolby atmos is for object encoding in space, vs dolby digital plus and dolby digital have fixed object channel encoding and thus may not sound as good to you as an atmos track.
                  Just for clarification.

Lossless Atmos is usually TrueHD with Atmos object meta data on top to add "height". Typically its 9.1 or 7.1. On most 4K discs its 7.1 for home theaters. Most Atmos home theaters are 7.1.2 or 5.1.4.

Dolby Digital Plus, or EAC3, is a lossy codec that is an enhanced version of AC3 codec. It does allow for the Atmos Object Meta data. This is how the streamers do Atmos. In the downloads with Atmos audio tracks you'll see EAC3-JOC (Join Object Coding) audio tracks, which are lossy DD+ w/Atmos object meta data. EAC3-JOC is typically 5.1 (aka 6 channel), and usually 768kbps but sometimes 640kbps. When I play them back, my receiver does denote DD+ Atmos 5.1.4.

Comment

Can you run MediaInfo against one of those files? switch the View to Text, and share the Video section?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Can you run MediaInfo against one of those files? switch the View to Text, and share the Video section?
                      If you guys cant see it, its a faint purple hue on all files, through out the whole movie. Just open any of those Netflix downloads and play it, the new ones.

Comment

If you guys cant see it, its a faint purple hue on all files, through out the whole movie. Just open any of those Netflix downloads and play it, the new ones.
                        Sorry, I don't have a Netflix subscription anymore. So I can't download and check for myself. That is why I was curious if you could share the video info from a file.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Now I know where the WB came from. He also stole your TV as Movies template problem. What a douchbag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-07 4.44.59 PM.png
Views:	583
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	443609
                          He is a douche bag, that's for sure. As a matter of fact, a douche bag actually has a purpose, he doesn't.

Comment

Downloading Madam Secretary. It's not on Netflix UK so using a VPN for the US version. However, it's keeps downloading 75% of a season then failing. And if I try to reconnect to Netflix with the VPN on it fails. Straight in no problem with VPN off. It's very annoying as I can't leave downloading several seasons to run reliably.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                              Downloading Madam Secretary. It's not on Netflix UK so using a VPN for the US version. However, it's keeps downloading 75% of a season then failing. And if I try to reconnect to Netflix with the VPN on it fails. Straight in no problem with VPN off. It's very annoying as I can't leave downloading several seasons to run reliably.
                              Not a StreamFab problem. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/114701

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Not a StreamFab problem. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/114701
                                Nothing ever is.
                                As it only happens within Streamfab and not when viewing normally it obviously is a Streamfab issue although not in the usual sense

Comment

Working...
                                X