Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been studying and working in the USA for eight years.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      I have been studying and working in the USA for eight years.
      Where in the USA are you?

Possible that someone, perhaps Cats4U​, that has issues in Pennsylvania can use their VPN and see if the location you are at is successful. I am in the Seattle area and have issues.
      "The best evidence we have that time travel is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future." - Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Where in the USA are you?

Possible that someone, perhaps Cats4U​, that has issues can use their VPN and see if that location is successful. I am in the Seattle area and have issues.
        Massachusetts until September, and then I will start my new job in a different state.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

tilu3303​ and I are in the Seattle area and both have issues. Stan001​ is somewhere in the Northeast USA and has the issue. Cats4U​ in Pennsylvania has issues that are resolved when using his VPN and connecting to Boston but reports issues when connecting to other locations.

Chameleon​ is currently in Massachusetts and does not have the issue.
          "The best evidence we have that time travel is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future." - Stephen Hawking

Comment

I see "server replied: Not Found, code : 203". I don't see 403/404 so maybe my old eyeballs are missing something. dunno

Also mentioned in the log is audio/seg-0_8.4.tmp" Note if the progress bar turns green when "Downloading Audio" in the beginning - right after "Analyzing" then the download is successful. If it does not turn green then it fails. Hit the pause icon to cancel then the play icon to retry. Might take a couple of retries or still fail after over a dozen retries.
            Thanks for this tip. I had been watching the Total Speed indicator and if it was in the single digit KB/s I knew it would never succeed.

I'm sure you're quite familiar with Cloudflare WARP acting as a local VPN. Well, I just switched it on (I only use it when I need to get unstuck from a DNS stonewall) and restarted Streamfab and on only the second try Being Erica S01E02 downloaded successfully. Clearly, this doesn't work 100 percent, but I had tried at least a dozen times without any success when not using WARP, so it may have helped.

Comment

I think the Cloudflare WARP experience was just a case of the luck of the draw. I was probably just due after about 15 tries.

Comment

Originally posted by tilu3303 View Post
                I think the Cloudflare WARP experience was just a case of the luck of the draw. I was probably just due after about 15 tries.
                I just manually change the settings. Random successes no matter what I have tried. Sometimes first attempt, sometimes 2 or three tries and sometimes a dozen attempts fail. Sometimes when I try again late success on the first try but of course not always.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DNS settings.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	449265

Comment

Originally posted by tilu3303​ View Post
                  I just manually change the settings
                  CF Warp (info) is not the same as changing to CF DNS-Server

It also changes IP + ASN and displays CF as ISP​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

I did not say it was the same...

Comment

I did not say it was the same...
                      I'm sorry, but that's how it sounded to me ...
                      ... otherwise the picture of the CF DNS Server makes no sense at all in this context​

Comment

I'm sorry, but that's how it sounded to me ...
                        ... otherwise the picture of the CF DNS Server makes no sense at all in this context​
                        Was just meant to show the settings I used. So sorry you were confused.

Comment

So sorry you were confused.
                          confused and logically analytical are not the same thing

however AFK​

Comment

confused and logically analytical are not the same thing

So sorry about the logically analytical issue.

Comment

It also changes IP + ASN and displays CF as ISP​
                              Sorry if my description was confusing. In an earlier post I mentioned having my normal DNS setting to Cloudflare DNS servers (as opposed to using the ISP's or Google's, etc.). I did not expect that my mention of Cloudflare WARP being normally disabled and turned on and off would imply anything about what DNS server I'm using. I didn't think to provide greater context than that.

Comment

People with log files that are too large --- delete the log before trying to analyze and download. It will then make a log specific to what you are trying to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X