Login Problem YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris5626 View Post

That has allowed me to sign in on YouTube, that method didn't work for the previous version HOWEVER it appears there is still an issue with SF. If you try to access any paid for movies or shows it states "Your browser can't play this video."

If you copy the URL (rather than analysing from the page) the download will fail stating "This video is DRM protected."
    That will show as being signed in for me as well if I do it that way, however, you should try to actually download a YouTube video. For me, it only allows audio download. I believe that the cookies have to be imported from Chrome or Edge, and for me it's just not working no matter what I try.

This has always been a pain but I could always eventually get it to work, but with 6.2.0.2 it's a brick wall. Nothing I do works.

Comment

I tried using this technique:

I can't log into youtube on StreamFab 6.1.9.9 Windows. Specifically, when I try to log in, I get an error about cookies on youtube tab in Streamfab. I've tried all the solutions that have already been introduced such as; https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/streamfab/450234-issuing-logging-into-youtube

It doesn't work in 6.2.0.2.

StreamFab temp folder is cleared first. Instructions above followed exactly.

Click sign in, in StreamFab on YouTube, it redirects back to the sign in page and I'm not signed in. StreamFab.log shows:

Code:
      2024:10:25-19:15:01 0x000018e0 [Info]: sysb Edge cookie
      2024:10:25-19:15:01 0x000018e0 [Info]: sync cookie success!​
      But I'm not signed in. It just redirects back to "Try searching to get started" on YouTube and I'm not logged in.

qef.log shows multiple:

Code:
      SetCookie failed with reason: EXCLUDE_UNKNOWN_ERROR, DO_NOT_WARN, NO_EXEMPTION
      I'm not sure if I should be posting logs for this publicly but here they are:

Logs.zip

This is extremely frustrating.

Comment

I tried **completely** uninstalling StreamFab and then reinstalling 6.2.0.2 from the full offline installer.

It had no effect on the problem.

I notice that the installer for 6.2.0.1 is 508,841,760 bytes, and for 6.2.0.2 it's 718,121,984 bytes, so it seems that there are some significant changes in 6.2.0.2.

I've spent **way** to much time on this now, the next step is to uninstall 6.2.0.2 and install 6.2.0.1 and confirm that YouTube login still works in 6.2.0.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5626 View Post
          When trying to sign in to YouTube (UK) via StreamFab the Google account sign in screen appears but only for a few seconds (not fast enough to type your email but you can copy and paste it) when you proceed (before even putting a password in) it says the browser or app may not be secure.

With the latest version of StreamFab after inputting your Google account it does actually go to the password entry screen but there isn't enough time to input it before it goes back to YouTube (with you not being signed in).

I've tested about a dozen times, you have about 4 seconds to input your password and your email/username in total however that includes the time for the Google sign in page to load and transition from your email/username to your password, even copying and pasting my email that isn't enough time for me to input it.

Feels like a tiny step forward though.
          No, it's supposed to do that! You're not actually supposed to enter anything on the YouTube sign in screen in StreamFab. If you hurry and copy and paste your e-mail and password, you will get the "may not be secure" message; that is expected behavior. When you click the sign-in button on YouTube in StreamFab, that is where it is supposed to import the cookies from either Chrome or Edge, then it refreshes and you *should* be signed in at that point.​ Except, in 6.2.0.2 it's no longer working for me, so when it refreshes it's still at the same "Try searching to get started" page and it is **not** logged in.

It looks like a bug in 6.2.0.2.

Boy am I sorry I updated.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
            No, it's supposed to do that! You're not actually supposed to enter anything on the YouTube sign in screen in StreamFab. If you hurry and copy and paste your e-mail and password, you will get the "may not be secure" message; that is expected behavior.
            I've no login issue direct in 6202 ..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	sf_6202_yt_in.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	452140

Name:	sf_6202_yt_in_ok.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	452141

Name:	sf_6202_yt_in_ok+.jpg
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	452142

.. but if DRM protected Analyzing never ends:
            Code:
            [Info]: DASHContentCB mpdcontent invalid.
            [Info]: UpdateDownloadStatus : Status_request_metadata_failed --> Status_none

Comment

It looks like you're logging in to Google from inside StreamFab? That won't work if that's what you're doing. You open the YouTube downloader in StreamFab, click the "Sign In" button, then wait as StreamFab imports cookies from either Chrome or Edge. The screen refreshes and you should be logged in. If it doesn't work, it usually can be fixed by closing StreamFab, then opening Edge and/or Chrome, completely clearing the browser cookies as well as history, cache, etc., then going back to YouTube in Edge and/or Chrome and logging in. That will completely reset the cookies with fresh data. You then start StreamFab, click the YouTube downloader, click Sign In, then it should import those cookies, refresh, and you should now be signed in. Except, that's not working in 6.2.0.2.

I completely uninstalled version 6.2.0.2 and re-installed 6.2.0.1. I confirm that YouTube login via cookie import from Microsoft Edge is working correctly in 6.2.0.1.

Something changed in version 6.2.0.2 that breaks Google/YouTube cookie import from Edge/Chrome. (At least for me.)

Logs from 6.2.0.1 attached. Support ticket created.

Logs_6.2.0.1_(Youtube_Working).zip
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
                It looks like you're logging in to Google from inside StreamFab?
                That won't work if that's what you're doing
                And why am I signed in if I have never used the account outside of SF?
                I created the account with App for Android and never used in any win browser.

It was the same with 6201 - see post #2

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                  And why am I signed in if I have never used the account outside of SF?
                  I created the account with App for Android and never used in any win browser.
                  My log confirmed me:
                  Code:
                  [Info]: OnAddressChange url : https://www.youtube.com/
                  [Info]: OnAddressChange - strUrl : "https://accounts.google.com/v3/signin/identifier?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com ..
                  [Info]: load Chrome cookie
                  [Info]: Chrome cookie empty ,load Edge cookie !
                  [Info]: Chrome&Edge Cookie empty !
                  [Info]: OnAddressChange url : https://accounts.google.com/v3/signin/challenge/pwd? ..
                  [Info]: OnAddressChange url : https://www.youtube.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X