Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

We plan to release a new version this week to further optimize this issue, you can pay attention and use it!
    Thank you very much for your attention to musicfab​
    Thank you for your reply. It's good of you to keep us updated, and abreast of the efforts to resolve these issues. I'm back out of Spotify. The Track Selection Window would not open later that afternoon, so I had to restart MusicFab. I was unable to get back into Spotify when I restarted, and nothing I seem to be able to do will get me back in. I am looking forward to the new release. It's nice to know that the Team has a handle on the issue.

Comment

Hi all,
      the “Protected Content” screen is now in 1.0.1.9 solved.

​Greetings​

Comment

Hello, I've been away from home for a while, and have not been able tp play with MusicFab. When I got home yesterday, version 1.0.2.1 was waiting for install. I'm happy to say, (and as StPeterOrding2015 has noted) that the "Protected Content" screen has not come up at all during the short time that I have had to delve into things. My Nice got me a subscription to Amazon Music while I was in Virginia, (I'm currently living in Florida), and I have had no issues with that platform locking out the MusicFab Browser. Although MusicFab is still dumping multi-disc albums into a single directory, my (more) major issues have been addressed, and the software appears to be "functional", and "Usable". I have supported the work that the dedicated staff and developers have been doing, and am the proud owner of an "All In One" license.

In the near future, I would like to see Multi-Disc albums sorted in their proper directories, and downloads sorted by \artist\album\disc#\tracks. (It's currently \album\tracks). This would allow downloading tracks and albums from multiple artists in a single session, and not have Tracks/Albums from several artists mixed into a single directory. I work around this issue by only downloading a single artist per session, and tucking the albums/tracks into an artist folder that I create. As far as multi-disc albums, well... it's still a thorn in my side. Fortunately, I single disc albums are more the norm and far outweigh the multi's. The Track selection screen sometimes (still) fails to show up when an album is selected. A quick restart generally cures this, and previously selected content remains in the que after restart.

Note: When I select an album for the download que, they are sorted by disc, but when I dump the album into the que, I only see one directory with all of the album tracks in it.

For those that have been sitting on the fence about purchasing a license; in spite of those shortcomings mentioned above, It is no longer a major struggle to use the Software, and I believe that in spite of the few remaining issues, the benefit that you will get would be well worth the price of the ticket. For those in my social circle who might prefer offline listening, I will mention this Software.

Yes, there are still a few "quirks" and issues; but based on the resolution of the myriad of issues that plagued this software in the beginning, I feel that the developers and staff will continue to make this software better and better.

Comment

Hello, I've been away from home for a while, and have not been able tp play with MusicFab. When I got home yesterday, version 1.0.2.1 was waiting for install. I'm happy to say, (and as StPeterOrding2015 has noted) that the "Protected Content" screen has not come up at all during the short time that I have had to delve into things. (1.0.1.9 was still slightly problematical for me) My Nice got me a subscription to Amazon Music while I was in Virginia, (I'm currently living in Florida), and I have had no issues with that platform locking out the MusicFab Browser. Although MusicFab is still dumping multi-disc albums into a single directory, my (more) major issues have been addressed, and the software appears to be "functional", and "Usable". I have supported the work that the dedicated staff and developers have been doing, and am the proud owner of an "All In One" license.

In the near future, I would like to see Multi-Disc albums sorted in their proper directories, and downloads sorted by \artist\album\disc#\tracks. (It's currently \album\tracks). This would allow downloading tracks and albums from multiple artists in a single session, and not have Tracks/Albums from several artists mixed into a single directory. I work around this issue by only downloading a single artist per session, and tucking the albums/tracks into an artist folder that I create. As far as multi-disc albums, well... it's still a thorn in my side. Fortunately, single disc albums are more the norm and far outweigh the multi's. The Track selection screen sometimes (still) fails to show up when an album is selected. A quick restart generally cures this, and previously selected content remains in the que after restart.

Note: When I select an album for the download que, they are sorted by disc, but when I dump the album into the que, I only see one directory with all of the album tracks in it.

For those that have been sitting on the fence about purchasing a license; in spite of those shortcomings mentioned above, It is no longer a major struggle to use the Software, and I believe that in spite of the few remaining issues, the benefit that you will get would be well worth the price of the ticket. For those in my social circle who might prefer offline listening, I will mention this Software.

Yes, there are still a few "quirks" and issues; but based on the resolution of the myriad of issues that plagued this software in the beginning, I feel that the developers and staff will continue to make this software better and better.​

Comment

*%&#*!!! Sorry for the double post. A window showed up that said the post had failed to upload, and I didn't see it posted. Admin, Please remove the double and this comment.

Comment

They most probably fixed it server-side.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I've had it running for three days now. So far, it looks like they fixed the "Crash" issue also.

Comment

I updated to 1.0.2.2 yesterday. The issue with multiple disc albums being thrown into a single directory still has not been resolved. It looks like the Crash issue has returned. MusicFab crashed three times yesterday in the span of two and a half hours. So far this morning it's been pretty stable, but there is nothing in the que. Since the track selection window not showing up is intermittent, I'll have to wait a while to see if it rears it's ugly head. No change was made to the download directory structure. It's still \Album\Tracks.

Another issue I have forgotten to report about, is that I cant seem to downsize the MusicFab Window. It's either up full screen, or minimized. Nothing in between. This issue surfaced when I wanted to fill in albums that I don't own from an artist who's albums I have purchased in the past on CD. Over the years, I have have accumulated a more than extensive collection of those things. Strangely enough, Even though I have a program like MusicFab, I continue to purchase them is spite of their going the way of the dinosaur. 1. To help support Artists I really like and 2. There is something about owning a hard copy of treasured albums that gives me a sense of security. Sadly, there are some artists whom I have supported that only publish digitally. I personally am not a fan of letting digital Music purveyors track my every purchase, or of receiving unwanted and unsolicited "recommendations" every time I return or shoved down my throat through unsolicited E-mails or Alerts (Most REQUIRE that you disclose your E-mail address to do business with them.). I could go on, but I digress. I have (Thankfully) digitized the discs against theft, loss or destruction. While populating the download que, I wanted to view the albums that I already own, in a separate window so I didn't get duplicates. There was no way to view both windows side by side to make easy selections.

Sylvia, Is there a change log posted that I can view for the revision I install? It's not a big deal, I'm just curious.

Comment

Hi supine,
                    the window thing has existed since the beginning.
                    I do it like this:
                    Click on the square at the top right (to the left of the x) - click once and the window will fill the screen - click again to collapse the window on the sides with the mouse.
                    Greetings​

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                      I updated to 1.0.2.2 yesterday. The issue with multiple disc albums being thrown into a single directory still has not been resolved. It looks like the Crash issue has returned. MusicFab crashed three times yesterday in the span of two and a half hours. So far this morning it's been pretty stable, but there is nothing in the que. Since the track selection window not showing up is intermittent, I'll have to wait a while to see if it rears it's ugly head. No change was made to the download directory structure. It's still \Album\Tracks.

Another issue I have forgotten to report about, is that I cant seem to downsize the MusicFab Window. It's either up full screen, or minimized. Nothing in between. This issue surfaced when I wanted to fill in albums that I don't own from an artist who's albums I have purchased in the past on CD. Over the years, I have have accumulated a more than extensive collection of those things. Strangely enough, Even though I have a program like MusicFab, I continue to purchase them is spite of their going the way of the dinosaur. 1. To help support Artists I really like and 2. There is something about owning a hard copy of treasured albums that gives me a sense of security. Sadly, there are some artists whom I have supported that only publish digitally. I personally am not a fan of letting digital Music purveyors track my every purchase, or of receiving unwanted and unsolicited "recommendations" every time I return or shoved down my throat through unsolicited E-mails or Alerts (Most REQUIRE that you disclose your E-mail address to do business with them.). I could go on, but I digress. I have (Thankfully) digitized the discs against theft, loss or destruction. While populating the download que, I wanted to view the albums that I already own, in a separate window so I didn't get duplicates. There was no way to view both windows side by side to make easy selections.

Sylvia, Is there a change log posted that I can view for the revision I install? It's not a big deal, I'm just curious.
                      You can go back to the home page first and then try resizing the window after, so far this works.

Comment

I Updated a couple of days ago to 1.0.2.3.
                        The "Crash" issue still exists. MusicFab intermittently crashes for no apparent reason. From time to time, the "Protected Content" screen still pops up again, but a simple restart almost always solves the issue. The "Track Selection" window still fails to pop up from time to time making track selection impossible. usually after completing a previous download. Again, a simple restart seems to solve the problem. The problem with multiple disc albums dumping into a single directory still exists, and the minor suggested fix of saving the output under Artist as well as album has not been implemented. The MusicFab window still doesn't want to downsize, and when it does, I can only adjust it so far, and then it stops; still taking up most of the screen unless I minimize it. there are a few track failures, but restarting the download usually solves that part, and very few fail.

Other than the issues mentioned above, I still have no problem downloading content for offline listening. I'm looking forward to 1.0.2.4.
                        Last edited by supine; 12-23-2023, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Woo Hoo! It appears that the multiple disc album issue has been fixed. It still doesn't place the albums under artist as I would like, but \album\disc#\(Tracks) is something I can live with. I've been out of town for the holidays, and have done pretty much nothing with MusicFab for a while. On the surface, it looks like the track selection screen not appearing after a previous download is still a minor issue, but a quick restart of the program seems to bring it back. I'll try "pushing" the latest revision over the next few days and get back. I'm glad to see that our confidence in the "Fab Team" has been justified. (Thanks to the entire team.) It's been a long and rocky road.

Comment

We are glad that you are happy with our update.
                            And about your idea of artist/album, can you try to see if it can be solved by changing the settings, as shown in the picture.​Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	209
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	435157

Comment

Sylvia, Thank you for your reply. That kinda sorta works. If there is more than one artist listed on a track, it splits the tracks of an album into multiple folders. I can now see why my request would be very hard to accomplish. I would like to keep all of the tracks of an album in one folder under the main artist despite any collaborative artists playing on a track. Collaborative multi artist albums that were published under the single main artist are a nightmare. Although my listening genera's are eclectic, I often listen to Jazz. Asking other artists or even groups to sit in to boost publicity or spotlight a lesser known artist in that genera is a regular thing. I wonder how many folders someone like Barbara Streisand would generate? Still... The option is there and this is a relatively minor issue.

Well... 1.0.2.5 is out. At first, I was very confused. I even restarted the program before I noticed the HUGE download arrow at the bottom of the screen. In spite of my initial confusion, I actually like the change. It allows me to peruse the album for tracks, without a popup window coming up to cover the screen, and it allows me to call the selection window when I want it. Having to dismiss the initial selection window after selecting an artist was a small nag. I still had a tiny issue when the selection window didn't come up after a download. This however, I'm pretty sure, may have been an anomaly caused by me running a privacy program earlier. I tried again after restarting the program and running a short list and had no issue. MusicFab just continues to get better. I will "push" this release and get back; but I don't expect any major issues. If there are still any fence sitters out there, I would recommend purchasing this program. There are others, but this is now the best all around D.A.R. program for offline listening that I have found.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                                Sylvia, Thank you for your reply. That kinda sorta works. If there is more than one artist listed on a track, it splits the tracks of an album into multiple folders. I can now see why my request would be very hard to accomplish. I would like to keep all of the tracks of an album in one folder under the main artist despite any collaborative artists playing on a track. Collaborative multi artist albums that were published under the single main artist are a nightmare. Although my listening genera's are eclectic, I often listen to Jazz. Asking other artists or even groups to sit in to boost publicity or spotlight a lesser known artist in that genera is a regular thing. I wonder how many folders someone like Barbara Streisand would generate? Still... The option is there and this is a relatively minor issue.

Well... 1.0.2.5 is out. At first, I was very confused. I even restarted the program before I noticed the HUGE download arrow at the bottom of the screen. In spite of my initial confusion, I actually like the change. It allows me to peruse the album for tracks, without a popup window coming up to cover the screen, and it allows me to call the selection window when I want it. Having to dismiss the initial selection window after selecting an artist was a small nag. I still had a tiny issue when the selection window didn't come up after a download. This however, I'm pretty sure, may have been an anomaly caused by me running a privacy program earlier. I tried again after restarting the program and running a short list and had no issue. MusicFab just continues to get better. I will "push" this release and get back; but I don't expect any major issues. If there are still any fence sitters out there, I would recommend purchasing this program. There are others, but this is now the best all around D.A.R. program for offline listening that I have found.
                                We are very grateful for your recommendation.
                                We need to make suggestions and comments on the product, in order to get the experience from the user's point of view, which is very helpful to us to improve the product; at the same time, we will try to solve every problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X