Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Strange green line on Xbox One S (Please UPDATE to the latest Xbox system)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy [SOLVED] Strange green line on Xbox One S (Please UPDATE to the latest Xbox system)

I tried DVDfab UHD Copy.
    I have a strange issue playing the UHD re-encoded to BD25 disc :

When the disc is HDR on the Xbox, appear a thin semi transparent horizontal green line/bar on all the top of the movie.
    When the movie don't need recoding, no green line at all :/

I tried the recoded HDR disc on another UHD player (Sony UBP-X700) - no green line.

To resume:

- The top green line issue seems to appear only on the Xbox.
    - Only when the disc contain HDR files - the green line also appear on the main menu.
    - The issue also appear connecting the Xbox to a 1080p without HDR TV...
    - No issue with the Sony UBP-X700
    - With files without recoding - no green line

The recoding process uses full Cuda hardware encoding - Geforce GTX 1060 latest drivers 390.77
    Last edited by ministry49; 02-17-2018, 01:57 PM.

Thanks for the feedback on this unusual problem.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is a screen capture of the problem.

I tested on 2 differents movies > same green line :/
      Last edited by ministry49; 02-17-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Hello ministry49,

We will check this problem after Chinese New Year break, thank you for your report.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

Experienced this Issue also, but only After updating to the latest Blu-ray Player App on Xbox One s. Before that Update everything was Fine.

Comment

No way to downgrade ?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we will check it.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I made tests.

The "green line" problem, appear only using Cuda hardware encoding. No green line with full software encoding (but many more time needed for encoding)

Comment

The Lines are defintetly generated by the Xbox Blu-ray App. I tested on a LG UP970 and no Lines appeared. And i also use Cuda encoding.

Comment

Yes, only with Xbox. Not on my other player Sony UBP-X700. But most people have the Xbox only. The problem must be resolved !
                    Today I tried with software only encoding - no green line. It's a bug from hardware encoding revealed on the Xbox.

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for the updated info. I have passed them to the developers.

Currently, please use software for encoding for now.

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

I tried the 10.0.8.4 x64 version. Always the same problem on Xbox > green line with all HDR movies using Cuda hardware encoding.
                        For now, I can't use software encoding - with my strong Ryzen 7, encoding needs too much time (about 18 hours mini)...

It is possible to use AMD hardware encoding for UHD copy / UHD creator on DVDFab ?
                        Last edited by ministry49; 03-01-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Software encoding ? No way. I am using the LG Up970 for Now.

Comment

I think about a Nvenc bug. I will receive tomorrow an AMD RX 550. I will test the VCE hardware encoding...

Comment

I can confirm the green line at top of the screen is showing up on my Xbox One X as well. I'm currently on Alpha ring of Xbox Insider and already submitted a bug report. Not sure if this is Xbox issue or DVDFab encoding issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X