Please help UHD 4K Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy Please help UHD 4K Copy

Hello, long time user here but just upgraded my whole system to be able to back up blu rays a few years ago. Now I want to upgrade again to be able to back up my UHD 4K blu rays. Can I ask a few questions? I have done a ton of research on the system requirements to be able to successfully back up 4k blu rays. I just want to be able to ask someone that knows whats up so I can possibly spot out some bugs. Anyone familiar with computers? can I ask you a few questions? Thank you in advance!

Ask anything you need to know, just post a list of your questions.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the following drives and both give me the incompatible warning message when I use any UHD disc:

LG WH16NS60 ROM version 1.01
      Pioneer BDR-S11JX version 1.02

The LG drive was working with a competitors UHD ripping software.

The LG drive is supposed to work with the software. Why isn't it?
      Attached Files

Comment

I have an I5 CPU and a GTX 750 so obviously I need to upgrade to I7 7700 kaby lake and GTX 1050 (or higher) to be able to backup UHD. Is it necessary to update both items? Or just one? Also, I have currently dvd/blu ray copy 10088 x64. Will this back up UHD? And lastly, how do I know which drives to use? That's very confusing as well. Currently I am running an Asus BW-16D1HT internal and also a LG BE16NU50 external.

Comment

Originally posted by Vealscallopine View Post
          I have an I5 CPU and a GTX 750 so obviously I need to upgrade to I7 7700 kaby lake and GTX 1050 (or higher) to be able to backup UHD. Is it necessary to update both items? Or just one? Also, I have currently dvd/blu ray copy 10088 x64. Will this back up UHD? And lastly, how do I know which drives to use? That's very confusing as well. Currently I am running an Asus BW-16D1HT internal and also a LG BE16NU50 external.
          you can go here to see the system requirements for the UHD ( look under Tech specs ) - https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-copy.htm?trackID=headmenu
          and here for some of the UHD drives - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...d-drive-models

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

you can go here to see the system requirements for the UHD ( look under Tech specs ) - https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-copy.htm?trackID=headmenu
            and here for some of the UHD drives - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...d-drive-models
            Since tech specs say...

System Requirements
            • ★ Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (64-bit)
            • ★ 4GB of RAM and above
            • ★ 1TB of free hard disk space
            • ★ A Blu-ray Drive
            • ★ For the 4K HW Acceleration to work, you need:
            • Either the CPUs from Intel Kaby Lake series and above;
              Or, the video cards from NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 series and above
            • ★ Live Internet connection required to register DVDFab 10 (little network traffic used)
            Does this mean any CPU/GPU combo will work, but wont have hardware acceleration unless you have Kaby Lake CPU or GTX1050 GPU or better, so it will be slow?

So like an i7-6700K + GTX970 = no hardware acceleration, so while it will work, it would be slower... Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

Since tech specs say...

Does this mean any CPU/GPU combo will work, but wont have hardware acceleration unless you have Kaby Lake CPU or GTX1050 GPU or better, so it will be slow?

So like an i7-6700K + GTX970 = no hardware acceleration, so while it will work, it would be slower... Is that correct?
              Well i have a similar setup to you and find it takes around 24-30 hrs to back up a full UHD copy with menus to 50gb. I also find that the main movie does tend to pixelate in random places. So i am going to upgrade in the next week or so to a GTX 1060 (Not sure if there is massive conversion time differences between the 3gb or 6gb version yet). I've heard that a GTX 1060 can convert the times down to less than 1 hr!

Comment

Ich benutze einen Ryzen 5 1600 und eine Nvidia GTX 1070 mit 16gb Arbeitsspeicher. Um eine UHD mit ca.66gb (Hauptfilm) auf 50gb zu bringen, braucht mein System ca.40 min, bei der Einstellung beste Qualität.Beim Konvertieren ist die Grafikpower wichtig.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavster View Post

Well i have a similar setup to you and find it takes around 24-30 hrs to back up a full UHD copy with menus to 50gb. I also find that the main movie does tend to pixelate in random places. So i am going to upgrade in the next week or so to a GTX 1060 (Not sure if there is massive conversion time differences between the 3gb or 6gb version yet). I've heard that a GTX 1060 can convert the times down to less than 1 hr!
                  So then my understanding is correct. It works but is slow . Thanks for confirming!!

Now I'm curious of Gtx1050 vs Gtx1050ti vs gtx 1060 . And 3gig vs 6gig cards. I.e. is the cost difference in some of the cards going to give a big enough speed boost to be worth the money? Time to try and go in search of comparisons and bench marks. Then again I'll probably just sit tight until the next generation of video cards come out....
                  Last edited by KidJoe; 04-14-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I just can't seem to get a clear answer on finding out what firmware my drives have. How can I tell what firmware version they have? I'm running a LG BE16NU50 external and also an Asus BW-16D1HT internal. Please help and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Vealscallopine View Post
                      I just can't seem to get a clear answer on finding out what firmware my drives have. How can I tell what firmware version they have? I'm running a LG BE16NU50 external and also an Asus BW-16D1HT internal. Please help and thank you!
                      I would suggest to check the manufacturer's website or contact their support to get the info you needed.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

Will DVDFab be supporting UHD drives that fully support AASC 2.0 in the near future? I understand another software vendor already does though I'm sure it has the same need for keys to be available. I'll try it on my i7 MAC and see if it just takes a very long time to do or if I end up with some artifacts. I'm getting good playback results for some YouTube 4K videos from my QNAP NAS server and Plex using Direct Play to my 4K TVs for playback.

Comment

Working...
                        X