UHD Re-encode to MKV - Output Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Re-encode to MKV - Output Issues

Ran into a couple issues converting a UHD (Deepwater Horizon) to a re-encoded h.265 MKV at 720. First, the output is oddly way too dark. Second, auto-crop isn't working - there are black bars at the top and bottom of the resulting video.

UHD Source: Click image for larger version  Name:	DWH_UHD.png Views:	1 Size:	5.2 KB ID:	352125

Converted to h.265, CRF 19, 720p resolution: Click image for larger version  Name:	DWH_MKV.png Views:	1 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	352126

This seems to only be a problem when using the video from a UHD as the source. Here is that same encode except using a BD as the source rather than the UHD: Click image for larger version  Name:	DWH_BD.png Views:	1 Size:	5.3 KB ID:	352124

*EDIT*
    Not sure why those pictures are so small and why, no matter how I upload them, they only stick the thumbnails in, but the issue is still visible even in the small pics.
    Last edited by SenorCardgage; 04-06-2018, 10:38 PM.

Hi jessica,
    Follow these steps for better results with images: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts
    The image you posted in clearly too dark, not sure why the cropping is not working normally (the BD image seems to have black bars also??). What are you using for playback? Is your OS win7 by any chance?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We will add auto hdr -> sdr conversion in the near future, to fix this problem.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

It appears my question has been answered (HDR-to-SDR conversion is forthcoming). OS is Windows 10 1709.

Auto-crop worked with a BD source (the bars on the BD image were just from the way my window was sized in order to accommodate the full width when showing the UHD-to-720 conversion). The bars ARE part of the video, however, on the UHD-to-720 pic.

BTW, even following that guide for posting images (and scaling them down to less than 700x500, it'll still only show up as thumbnail size
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DWH_UHD2.png
Views:	238
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	352164

Comment

They will show up as thumbnails unless you use the Insert Image button in the advanced editor. Even then very high quality jpgs will be downsized in some cases, pngs usually are not. We have had some issues in the past with images, I will recheck the settings. If you still have the image from post #4 please tell me the uploaded file size and dimensions.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Image was 700x424, a PNG file that was 418KB.

Comment

Working...
            X