Firmware Downgrade Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Downgrade Utility

I have one of the supported drives bu with the wrong firmware and the processes for downgrading it looked really knarly, so the news that you will offer a utility to do this is wonderful news. I can't wait till it's available, thank you

Will this firmware downgrade be a free tool or paid modual?

Comment

The business plans for the new utility have not been announced yet. I would suspect it would be paid.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

There are ways to do this yourself for example https://club.myce.com/t/dosflash-v2-...-drives/399911

I have managed to do this for my ASUS drive but it is NOT an easy process and requires a lot of patience and willingness to tinker with your system The underlying issue is you can't just download an older firmware (which is UHD read compatible) and flash the drive. Every drive now has a unique firmware identifier so doing this will probably brick the drive. The only current way to do this is to follow the cross flashing process described above where you replace parts of the existing firmware with the UHD read friendly code and then reflash the drive with "hybrid" version. Took me a whole weekend of mucking around.

I'm intrigued yo see what the DVDFab wizards come up with because each drive model is different and cross flashing each requires a different approach and tools. The above approach works with the Asus BW-16D1HT and according to the same forum the LG WH16NS40 which is an identical drive with different badge.

Comment

This has been discussed at length here and elsewhere, so let's not do that again. It can be done if you are sharp on PCs and have a weekend to burn, but while there are still drives available I would urge everyone to get one or two before they are gone. The newer drives with the AACS hardware chip may not be so easy to deal with. I still think the DIY approach to this involves voodoo.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X