Buying UHD drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying UHD drive

Does anyone know where I can pick up an LG BE16NU50 drive. Every site that I've tried outside of an EBAY offer for a used one at $199 has none in stock and it doesn't seem like any will be restocked. I've put my name down for Walmart to notify me when it becomes available again.

I'm aware that buying one now (especially newer ones when they appear) will likely come with the newer firmware but I see that DVDFab will provide a downgrade utility's when that becomes available I'm good.

I have about 100 $=4K discs and I'd like to start putting them on my Movie Server or NAS for MS to play.

KBoz,
    You posted this in the wrong forum, see this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...ives-avaliable I will move your thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the helpful link, Signals

Comment

Originally posted by KBoz View Post
        Does anyone know where I can pick up an LG BE16NU50 drive. Every site that I've tried outside of an EBAY offer for a used one at $199 has none in stock and it doesn't seem like any will be restocked. I've put my name down for Walmart to notify me when it becomes available again.

I'm aware that buying one now (especially newer ones when they appear) will likely come with the newer firmware but I see that DVDFab will provide a downgrade utility's when that becomes available I'm good.

I have about 100 $=4K discs and I'd like to start putting them on my Movie Server or NAS for MS to play.
        This drive will most likely never be seen again. Your best course of action would be to buy an internal LG drive from your fellow forum member, whose listing may be found here https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-BH16NS55...-/332807685026

Then look into buying an external SATA > USB enclosure such as the Vantec NexStar DX, the OWC Mercury Pro, or the Icy Box (this is a European thing I know nothing about, other than it works) and once assembled (don't worry, its easy) you'll have the external drive you're looking for.

Good luck,

Alex
        username jonghotti on the makemkv forums

Comment

Working...
        X